Home

Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018

This is a discussion on Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Live Tuner Set Update - Aug 9, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Its so weird how different matchups play. I'm pretty even most of the time with flacco and he generally wins by holding me down on the ground most of the time.

With you it's more of a matter of your weird great finishing ability. I can drop u 4 times and then get rocked once and you know exactly what to throw to KO me. I always have to remember to "just block" against you and not sway.
Btw we had a really good fight yesterday I tried to message you gg but couldn’t. But yeah good game my favorite match in a while
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I've been practicing with Preunited and Swiss a lot so I've managed to steal a bit of their block breaking moves for the people who've started to block instead of sway, although aesthetically speaking it's not pleasing to me as a clean ko.

People have a tendency to sway, especially to the side so round strikes are wonderful to land.

Once Aldo gets his Rear Elbow that he should have had 5 patches ago, the amount of KOs I'm going to have with the rear elbow will be AMAZING. Using the Rear Elbow with RDA has been DEVASTATING dudes who've tried to be in my face.
That lead uppercut hook you were throwing was crazy btw you kept catching me
Old 08-10-2018, 11:56 AM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
Btw we had a really good fight yesterday I tried to message you gg but couldn’t. But yeah good game my favorite match in a while
Don't tell him GG, he's a cheap shot artist and a cheater.

(Kidding. Played him in LEC and he accidentally jabbed me once when I busted out an unexpected and ill timed respectful bow lol. Then he backed off, bowed, and brutally KO'd me)
Old 08-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #84
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM584
Don't tell him GG, he's a cheap shot artist and a cheater.

(Kidding. Played him in LEC and he accidentally jabbed me once when I busted out an unexpected and ill timed respectful bow lol. Then he backed off, bowed, and brutally KO'd me)
LMAO! I remember that, I think I know who you are! Man I felt so bad.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #85
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
GPD will have to chime in, but I wasn't using a lot of lunging or head movements to make guys miss in the fights I've played. I was getting out of range and their stamina was definitely taking a decent hit.

Didn't get to play last night but MAN I can't wait to boot it up tonite ---- sounds like this tuner may be one of the best yet!!

No more HWs throwing 120 strikes with 30% accuracy in round 1, and coming into round 2 with 90% stamina!!!

Sounds like people are liking the change to damage too ---- I'm always for a more dangerous and violent fight, look fwd to that too --- thx GPD, GCers & Friends, I knew it'd be worth sticking thru the dark times of this franchise, let there be light!!!!!!!!!!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 08-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #86
Rookie

I'm truly amazed at how far this game has come a long since the beta. This tuner update i feel is the best one yet. Most of what I've been hoping would be adjusted has been addressed. My main complaint was that missed strikes(whiffed) just didn't cause as much stamina drain as they should have. There's no way a missed strike should cause the same amount of stamina depletion as one that has been blocked. Now the stamina tax feels about how it should,missed strikes cause much more depletion than a blocked strike. Head damage has finally been buffed,something that I feel was needed strongly instead of only increased head damage from swaying into a strike. To me it just felt like the damage system was too reliant on setting up counters to do damage,which I mean counters should deal a ton of damage.........but so should an unblocked hook. The body kicks look and feel so much better now!! They don't take near as long to load up now and they just look much smoother as well. This is a great tuner set IMO. Almost feels like a mini patch. I catchall but wonder if these changes are relevant to the huge upcoming patch.....are the changes from the tuner meant to fit with the changes that will be made in the patch that's coming soon??
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #87
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

I try to be objective and not to use this as a metric for the quality of an update, but I am winning ALOT after this tuner.

I’ve been at a little over 50% win rate in ranked since launch of the game (just under 800 or so fights).

My win rate is now 75%. I won my first 12 fights in a row after the tuner, including my first legit submission victory ever LMAO
Old 08-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I try to be objective and not to use this as a metric for the quality of an update, but I am winning ALOT after this tuner.

I’ve been at a little over 50% win rate in ranked since launch of the game (just under 800 or so fights).

My win rate is now 75%. I won my first 12 fights in a row after the tuner, including my first legit submission victory ever LMAO
You should wait about 2 weeks before really diving deep. My win rate always changes post-patch and it has a lot to do with people learning the patch faster than others and having fewer adjustments. 2 weeks is a good period for anyone to adjust their style and show if there are still problems with the system.

For example, from what I've seen so far it's much harder to bum rush people but some people like Ricochet9 have found new ways to pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »