Home

Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

This is a discussion on Just booted this game up for the first time in months... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

And I quickly remembered why I stopped playing. I played 3 fights before I got fed up and turned it off. The ai is terrible! The fights don't play out realistic at all. I'm an offline player so so is key for me.

They are incredibly aggressive, throwing 35 strikes within a minute of accelerated clock. Zero regard for danger. Zero feeling out. I want a fight to feel like a real fight, with calculated risks and not just going crazy. I punish them repeatedly for their aggression, yet they don't learn. They get rocked or knocked down and back up for a moment, but then quickly go right back on the offensive.

Also, they target the body far more than any fighter I've ever seen. At least half of their strikes are to the body! But they are nearly impossible to hit to the body, always a perfect counter.

I see a big patch is in the works and I truly hope this gets fixed for us offline players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Re: Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

Which A.I are you playing and on what difficulty?

My experience with the A.I is vastly different from yours. I'd go as far as saying that this is the best A.I I've ever played in any MMA game.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Which A.I are you playing and on what difficulty?

My experience with the A.I is vastly different from yours. I'd go as far as saying that this is the best A.I I've ever played in any MMA game.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
The Legendary A.I. I enjoy fighting the most. They counter almost on the spot so I learn little things that people usually don't do.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
And I quickly remembered why I stopped playing. I played 3 fights before I got fed up and turned it off. The ai is terrible! The fights don't play out realistic at all. I'm an offline player so so is key for me.

They are incredibly aggressive, throwing 35 strikes within a minute of accelerated clock. Zero regard for danger. Zero feeling out. I want a fight to feel like a real fight, with calculated risks and not just going crazy. I punish them repeatedly for their aggression, yet they don't learn. They get rocked or knocked down and back up for a moment, but then quickly go right back on the offensive.

Also, they target the body far more than any fighter I've ever seen. At least half of their strikes are to the body! But they are nearly impossible to hit to the body, always a perfect counter.

I see a big patch is in the works and I truly hope this gets fixed for us offline players.
Dont know who you are fighting (which can affect how much a certain fighter targets the body. For example, Nate Diaz is programmed to go to the body more than Pettis).

Dont know what level you are fighting on.

Dont know whether its career mode or another mode.

Dont know your play style (which depending on who you fight can affect strike numbers).

Dont really know the purpose of this thread other than just to bitch because without the above info....no one can really "fix" your issues with the game.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
Pro

Right. I just booted the game after a week or two and somehow the AI was hyper-defensive and moving away all the time, basically counterstriking me. It was awesome.

How odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

I hardly ever play the AI myself but against legendary I find that you have to throw body shots after going to the head first and combo the body shots. If you try going to the body without doing this I find they'll just uppercut you.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Dont know who you are fighting (which can affect how much a certain fighter targets the body. For example, Nate Diaz is programmed to go to the body more than Pettis).

Dont know what level you are fighting on.

Dont know whether its career mode or another mode.

Dont know your play style (which depending on who you fight can affect strike numbers).

Dont really know the purpose of this thread other than just to bitch because without the above info....no one can really "fix" your issues with the game.
Play on Pro and fought against Moicano, Almeida, and Romero. I play a lot of counter fighter and approach fight realistically with no mass aggression. Regardless of this I've switched difficulties and played nearly every fighter in the game and still had the same issues. This shouldn't be an issue no matter any of those things. Nobody should throw that many strikes. Almeida threw 45 strikes within 90 seconds of the third round with him initiating every exchange. Thats ridiculous no matter what. I don't know what the purpose of your post is except to mindlessly defend the game like you always do and bitch about people complaining.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 07-31-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:47 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
Play on Pro and fought against Moicano, Almeida, and Romero. I play a lot of counter fighter and approach fight realistically with no mass aggression. Regardless of this I've switched difficulties and played nearly every fighter in the game and still had the same issues. This shouldn't be an issue no matter any of those things. Nobody should throw that many strikes. Almeida threw 45 strikes within 90 seconds of the third round with him initiating every exchange. Thats ridiculous no matter what. I don't know what the purpose of your post is except to mindlessly defend the game like you always do and bitch about people complaining.
You can easily prove him wrong by posting a video.

But you aren't going to do that, are you?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »