Home

How to use a short Jessica Andrade in game

This is a discussion on How to use a short Jessica Andrade in game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2018, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to use a short Jessica Andrade in game

I have had six fights with Andrade vs Karolina and in stand up Karolina just destroys me every time with footwork and counters knocking me down constantly which seems odd as she has not got knockout power.
The only win was when i got a rear naked choke,so can anyone help me with short fighters in standup against taller fighters without constantly getting rocked or are short fighters at a disadvantage across the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: How to use a short Jessica Andrade in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
I have had six fights with Andrade vs Karolina and in stand up Karolina just destroys me every time with footwork and counters knocking me down constantly which seems odd as she has not got knockout power.
The only win was when i got a rear naked choke,so can anyone help me with short fighters in standup against taller fighters without constantly getting rocked or are short fighters at a disadvantage across the board.
Pressure, but being selective with your shots. If you're getting knocked down by Karolina it has to do with your shot selection for sure. I don't really advocate for this style, but with Andrade it's okay due to her reach disadvantages, you need to pressure and use good high low mix ups with her hooks especially.

Lead body hook to rear hook works well, lead hook- rear hook- lead body hooks is another one, etc being hook heavy. And if you land a block counter on somebody with Andrade, it's absolutely devastating due to her heavy hooks being at level 4. And at a distance, I let my opponent believe they're at a safe range to poke me/hit me/ kick me, and use the left stick (minor lunges) to get out of the way and make them whiff their shots to get the stamina advantage. So alternatively,make them miss, and then go in.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563

This copy-past from my EA UFC 3 Meta file can be helpful:

SHORT REACH VS LONG REACH:
Longer reach fighter:
+ has a bigger Range for their strikes as compared to that of the Shorter reach fighter
- range requirements to hit maximum Damage much stricter for the Long reach fighter than the Short reach fighter (this variance is even more pronounced on Short range strikes, where the Shorter fighter will naturally shine). They can both achieve maximum Damage, but it is much more difficult to do with the Longer reach fighter (difficult to time the strike on the right distance).
- added an Execution frame (added min 2 frames) penalty to the Longer fighter (to simulate the fact that their longer limbs take more time to reach their target, i.e. slower)
- higher Height fighter’s FWD Sway (Ducking) does NOT evade strike [IF my Head during my FWD Sway is NOT LOWER than the opponent’s shoulder as measured when the opponent is standing in their idle pose with his lead arm extended].
= They're a bit slower against shorter fighters. That contributes to make them slower at close range, but faster at a range where they don't need to Lunge, but the opponent does.

Short reach fighter:
- has shorter Range for their strikes
+ range requirements to hit maximum Damage much easier/less stricter (especially on Short range strikes)
+ no Execution frame penalty (shorter limbs take less time to reach their target).
Old 09-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

The answer is you can’t use Andrade like she fights in real life in this game, her stats to do so are off. Same with Lineker. They’re both volume pressures strikers who outwork their opponents. Lineker having 88 strike stamina and endurance is one of the worst ratings in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
Pro

I gotta be honest. I MURDER with Andrade in the game. I have always used her in ranked. The secret issssss, she has hook perks. Throw alot of jabs to set up hooks and mix in as many body shots as you can get away with. Also go for clinch and takedowns when they leave themself open. Pressure, Pressure, & PRESSURE.
Xbox Gamertag: XtremeBA1000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
The answer is you can’t use Andrade like she fights in real life in this game, her stats to do so are off. Same with Lineker. They’re both volume pressures strikers who outwork their opponents. Lineker having 88 strike stamina and endurance is one of the worst ratings in the game.

Well which stats of Andrade do you think need to be adjusted to cater to her style of fighting?
Old 09-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO

Lets use facts when making an argument.

Andrade has a 93 striking stamina. The 3rd best stamina in the division.

Lineker is tied for 9th (could use a bump) in both categories.

Lineker you can make an argument for. You cant with Andrade.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lets use facts when making an argument.

Andrade has a 93 striking stamina. The 3rd best stamina in the division.

Lineker is tied for 9th (could use a bump) in both categories.

Lineker you can make an argument for. You cant with Andrade.
Yeah Andrade has good stats

Her chin could use a bump but otherwise she’s spot on

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »