Home

Combo queue needs to die

This is a discussion on Combo queue needs to die within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 03-19-2019, 04:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Combo queue needs to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
No, there would be way to much spam and unrealistic combos would make a comeback. It would be jab straight to the body spam all over again. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually like the way the combo system works in this game. I find personally it's easy to use and once you get the hang of it you can pull off some pretty wicked combos on anyone. Just keep practicing, and when you're throwing combos DO NOT TOUCH THE LEFT STICK. So many people can't grasp this, and wonder why they can't do combos properly and it's because they're constantly pressing forward on the left stick and throwing even in boxing range.

Also, not to knock your ability but maybe try practicing with some of the defensive tools in the game. Sounds like this is where you're struggling most, if you can use the defensive tools well in this game you can make people gas fairly quick who are throwing crazy combos and punish them while you're at it. One of my favorite things to do is side way any straight strike and counter with either a circling lead or rear hook to the body or a circling head kick or body kick.

nobody is touching combos and their speed and damage and whatever

look
when i am driving my car i like or prefer that it will follow my actions. if i press gas i except it to move forward if i press brake i except it to start slowing down. if i see there s any delay with it, it s time to bring car to shop because it s not safe to drive anymore.

it s about hand eye cordination.

lag/delay issues i dont think combo queue will help with any of that.
if u use combo queue in lag u will just probably open vulnerability windows all over urself and get rocked or something in that delay

i also dont like if i am doing Solo Challenges and it wants me to do i dont know 10 4-strike combos on opponent, i go with let s say 1,2,1,2, u can input it very quickly, but i HATE the fact that for like 1second or more u re basically not in game, because game is just following queue, it s just looks too weird to me

and i think combo queue is the reason why some people are mentioning dropped inputs and input lag, delay, unresponsiveness etc.

it definetely feels that way in single player where AI is basically counterstriking u sometimes on first startup frames of ur strike, which is almost impossible to do for us humans, Martial Mind was saying in his video where he fought legendary AI that "human players dont do these things" yes we dont, we dont counter overhand with body knee etc.

if u cant remove combo queue (buffer) however u want to call it,

could at least adjust it so it can at least mimic real time input?

as for defense, i think there s big imbalance between skill required for effective offense and effective defense.

i read this forum a lot and top players here are preaching here how omg there s so many defensive tools and there s no issues with anything,

but then u go and watch elite players for example Ricky J Sports channel with his tournaments and u see top players, standing there with planted feet holding high block and trying to catch each other with short combos..

barely any sways and what was the best that one guy he did slip and he did counterstrike from slip but he still got KOed from queued combo from other guy

i also dont understand why top players should have problem with combo queue removed or nerfed
most of u got great internet connections,most of u played ranked where u have connection quality indicator and u have good muscle memory and reflexed to enter ur combos as fast as possible for maximum effect, and if u can do that with combo queue, u can do that in real time too
Old 03-19-2019, 05:05 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Honestly I think Combo buffering (queue) is Ok and good thing:

1. It has short enough memory window so only short (3 moves) series are remembered

2. You CAN cancel / clear queue by pressing Block

3. Queue is a good tool when you have laggy connection, otherwise you will see no combos at all

4. It is realistic - irl you already have the combo in your mind you want to perform before you start it.

5. If we had timed not queue Combo input mechanics - it was too difficult and unstable to perform b/c of lags, analog changing move’s speed b/c of stamina and statuses.

1. i would prefer 2 moves or real time

2.i really hate idea that there s need for canceling some leftover inputs, it feels to me unresponsive

3. here s my experience: for laggers they have NO problem, because my STABLE and GOOD connection is providing their game with all packets of information they need, but their upload and latency will cause their packets to be either lost or slowed so their info sent towards me wont be accurate anymore

i asked some laggers in private messages "is it lagging for u?" they said no, my connection is WIRED, stable, NAT OPEN, ports OPEN, not using any other devices while i am playing UFC, not streaming, not downloading, updating etc.

so combo queue doesnt help me and we have combo queue right now, it doesnt do anything for me

because LAGGER can SEE ur movements in real time, while u cant see HIS movements in real time because it s delayed and u cant react properly

i mean u can probably queue combo, but he will be able react to it, while u wont have chance to react to his queued combo, because of delay

4. i dont know what to say to that, i mean OK, i have it in my mind, BUT:

i would like it to be like this : MY HEAD-CONTROLLER-GAME
that means My Head says jab, straight, my fingers press X,Y, Fighter in UFC game performs 1,2

i dont want it to be : MY HEAD-CONTROLLER-BUFFER-GAME
too many middleman, too many

5. i dont really know what to think about it and i dont really know that much about inner game mechanics to comment on that.

all i know is that UFC2 didnt had this problem, and from what i understand it had some kind of combo queue or something right? like faster u input strikes they will come out faster? i remember somebody probably UFC dev mentioning that, or maybe UFC2 didnt have combo queue.. i dunno

does that mean UFC 2 had "timed input mechanics- it was too difficult and unstable to perform b/c of lags, analog changing move’s speed b/c of stamina and statuses."

did it ?
i dont think so
Old 03-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #19
Pro

What I believe is:
The combo list put the game in real world, u can’t peform cheesy moves like UFC 2, but in other hand, the extra speed(by player input) make combos unrealistic.
U can go to training mode, and throw 1-2-1-2with normal speed, the strikes will come out when you press, now if u throw 1-2-1-2 as fast as u can, the strikes you come out after a delay and ultra fast... we shouldn’t have extra speed for player input, fighters have their own speed, just put fluidity in pre defined combo and the stamina bonus. When u put the player extra speed, we have the delay, unrealistic combo based matches, and the super block is needed because no one can handle supersonic speed combos(with almost no stamina taxes) without a super block in the beginning
Old 03-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Wishful thinking.
Many of the complaints you read are valid.

You all initially release a kickboxing game and have spent the majority of the past year patching in somewhat accessible (yet often absolutely ridiculous (i.e. driving takedown from the center of the cage) MMA elements.

With the exception of APEX Legends, EA struggles to deliver on promises or meet expectations.

The post launch support was necessary and gave you an opportunity to address your mistakes/continue developing (for example.. Why was this game launched without post KO strikes? You already did that in UFC 1. I will never forget watching Dana White play UFC 1 and noticing that you could not deliver strikes immediately after a KO and was like "WHAT THE F*&k happened?".)
Old 03-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
Many of the complaints you read are valid.

You all initially release a kickboxing game and have spent the majority of the past year patching in somewhat accessible (yet often absolutely ridiculous (i.e. driving takedown from the center of the cage) MMA elements.

With the exception of APEX Legends, EA struggles to deliver on promises or meet expectations.

The post launch support was necessary and gave you an opportunity to address your mistakes/continue developing (for example.. Why was this game launched without post KO strikes? You already did that in UFC 1. I will never forget watching Dana White play UFC 1 and noticing that you could not deliver strikes immediately after a KO and was like "WHAT THE F*&k happened?".)

Well to be fair, EA just published APEX and really had nothing to do with the making of that game. The game was made by Respawn, which I think is basically all the people that made Infinity Ward good all those years ago. If APEX was actually made by EA it would be a dumpster fire no doubt. Literally like how the best Fallout game made was New Vegas and it wasn't even made by Bethesda and everything by them has been complete crap sonce.

My point? Don't expect anything but the worst and minimal from EA. People praise how this game was patched so much but it was broken and pretty much unplayable for months until the summertime when we got the movement patch. I don't give praise for stuff that should've been there from the start, but isn't because the game is rushed out the door for $$$.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
wow u re just rude and i am not gonna pay more than 60bucks a month for internet, oh and u re right 73dl/6u and 34ms latency is really bad, i never got any complaints from anyone about lag.

ufc2 didnt or had very small combo queue which wasnt disrupting flow of the game

lag problem is in netcode and lag compensation

combo queue wont help with that

ur entered command will be delayed no matter of what
what i am saying remove it or cut it to something which wont be breaking game
cut combo queue to like 2,3 strikes instead i dont know 4,5

anyway if u just want to troll and be rude just lemme know, because i care about this game and it shouldnt be laughing matter that there s HUGE playerbase drop in UT compared to ufc2, real UFC is extremely popular these days and with ESPN deal, it shouldnt be this dead.

but hey if u wanna game dead and feel good about urself just keep going on
Do not let him get you too upset he was just being a troll. You have a legit point.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #23
Rookie

Those pauses are the worst. It’s definitely annoying when you’re queuing up inputs on your controller, then there’s that weird 2 second pause... then after the pause, your fighter finishes whatever was left in the queue.

I have no idea what causes those pauses; they don’t happen often. They SEEM to happen when you’re queuing some inputs on your controller, and your opponent does something which somehow disrupts the animation of your queued inputs. It causes your fighter to freeze up in some stiff, defensive posture for about 2, even 3 seconds. Then once you “unfreeze”, your fighter just continues with whatever was queued up before they froze.

I’ve tried holding BLOCK during these freezes to cancel whatever’s in the queue, but it doesn’t work. You’re forced to watch, and hope your opponent doesn’t capitalize.

These pauses are rare, but I do experience them a few times per session.

I think these pauses are actually an unintentional glitch, and I’m surprised they aren’t brought up more. They deserve a thread/discussion of their own, instead of just being a side-topic in a thread hating on combo queuing as a whole.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Well to be fair, EA just published APEX and really had nothing to do with the making of that game. The game was made by Respawn, which I think is basically all the people that made Infinity Ward good all those years ago. If APEX was actually made by EA it would be a dumpster fire no doubt. Literally like how the best Fallout game made was New Vegas and it wasn't even made by Bethesda and everything by them has been complete crap sonce.

My point? Don't expect anything but the worst and minimal from EA. People praise how this game was patched so much but it was broken and pretty much unplayable for months until the summertime when we got the movement patch. I don't give praise for stuff that should've been there from the start, but isn't because the game is rushed out the door for $$$.
Funny how EA gets all the blame but none of the credit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »