Home

Combo queue needs to die

This is a discussion on Combo queue needs to die within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murrayís Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 04-01-2019, 05:56 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Combo queue needs to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
And here is an article where Bioware worker says EA gave them a lot of freedom.

Obviously EA deserves a lot of blame but there's no need to start a circlejerk about it.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65354...ess/index.html

u can think whatever u want, i wonder what those 350 people think of EA right now..hm

" Despite earning over $1.2 billion in net revenue, Andrew Wilson called Q3 "difficult" as the company missed net revenue and net sales forecasts by $86 million and $116 million respectively. "

jesus.. not enough money for greedy corporation
Old 04-01-2019, 06:02 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
Many of the complaints you read are valid.

You all initially release a kickboxing game and have spent the majority of the past year patching in somewhat accessible (yet often absolutely ridiculous (i.e. driving takedown from the center of the cage) MMA elements.

With the exception of APEX Legends, EA struggles to deliver on promises or meet expectations.

The post launch support was necessary and gave you an opportunity to address your mistakes/continue developing (for example.. Why was this game launched without post KO strikes? You already did that in UFC 1. I will never forget watching Dana White play UFC 1 and noticing that you could not deliver strikes immediately after a KO and was like "WHAT THE F*&k happened?".)

u might be right this really feels sometimes like not quite finished kickboxing game and grappling as some kinda of half cooked feature

i dunno, but i seriously cant watch what s happening when u re going for clinch and other guy start striking, it looks horrible

i wish that EA will care about these problems, but from reading UFC4 survey it s gonna be all about more cosmetic items and skins and other crap nobody wants
Old 04-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #35
Rookie

i miss the movement and defense of fnc so much. this game just rips away all your defensive options, actually trying to use head movement is pretty much a guaranteed ko

other than the occasional slip straight or lean back uppercut (which looks hideous) counter striking is non existent in this game

they donít give you enough tools to deter contstant aggression. combine that with the horrendous stamina system and itís easy to see why the game is in its current state
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
i miss the movement and defense of fnc so much. this game just rips away all your defensive options, actually trying to use head movement is pretty much a guaranteed ko

other than the occasional slip straight or lean back uppercut (which looks hideous) counter striking is non existent in this game

they donít give you enough tools to deter contstant aggression. combine that with the horrendous stamina system and itís easy to see why the game is in its current state
they give you lots of tools, they just don't WORK properly. Timing windows on movement are tight and so avoidance with a tiny bit of lag is purely luck sometimes.

I fought a guy the other day just throwing jab jab leg kick, jab jab straight, and it was nearly impossible to avoid somehow. Headmovement doing nothing but dropping my block, even major lunge lagging.

Combine that with horrible collision detection (seriously 8+ inches away often especially body kicks but everything else too) and its just a mess. Once i got into div 5 its just awful most of the time. When every mistake costs so much you notice all the lag, delay and missed ****. I have to stop playing for a while I'm just raging now even when i win, its just so ****ing clunky and unresponsive.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #37
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Honestly I think Combo buffering (queue) is Ok and good thing:

1. It has short enough memory window so only short (3 moves) series are remembered

2. You CAN cancel / clear queue by pressing Block

3. Queue is a good tool when you have laggy connection, otherwise you will see no combos at all

4. It is realistic - irl you already have the combo in your mind you want to perform before you start it.

5. If we had timed not queue Combo input mechanics - it was too difficult and unstable to perform b/c of lags, analog changing moveís speed b/c of stamina and statuses.
2. is wrong here.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049746044

Old 04-25-2019, 02:37 PM   #38
Banned

Theres gotta be something done. The queue is the reason for input delay
Old 05-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
unfortunately only thing we can really change is just ourselves. everything else.. we told the devs, but either they cant do anything about it or they dont have any money left or whatever
Old 05-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
MK has a queue and there isnt really any delay

The 30fps is the real culprit. This game would be soooo much smoother is we had true 60fps gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »