Home

EA UFC 3 integral META Guide

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 integral META Guide within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #17
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 integral META Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
It does try it for yourself
Just tested:

while holding R1 you can use LS for WALKING (locomotion) ONLY as usual, but and this is a BUG - you can not use Minor step by clicking LS. This is wrong and bug b/c R1 is a strike modifier, but L2 is a strike modifier too, but L2 does not affect Stepping at all.

It was useful for preventing Run during FTF with old controls, but now this is unnecessary.

Your micro Minor step is just an initial phase of Walking (Locomotion) - no any special properties.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-11-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Just tested:

while holding R1 you can use LS for WALKING (locomotion) ONLY as usual, but and this is a BUG - you can not use Minor step by clicking LS. This is wrong and bug b/c R1 is a strike modifier, but L2 is a strike modifier too, but L2 does not affect Stepping at all.

It was useful for preventing Run during FTF with old controls, but now this is unnecessary.

Your micro Minor step is just an initial phase of Walking (Locomotion) - no any special properties.
This is not true.

First I am talking about flicking LS not clicking. If you flick LS (like minor lunge) + R1 you do a bit of a micro lunge. They also have properties, so it's mostly more conjecture on your part. The properties as I mentioned before are stuffing push kicks +

Step feints like Edgar does to Penn before his 1 2.

You can also no sell some strikes like Silva rolling with punches if you micro lunge into the strike
Old 05-12-2019, 03:26 AM   #19
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
This is not true.

First I am talking about flicking LS not clicking. If you flick LS (like minor lunge) + R1 you do a bit of a micro lunge. They also have properties, so it's mostly more conjecture on your part. The properties as I mentioned before are stuffing push kicks +

Step feints like Edgar does to Penn before his 1 2.

You can also no sell some strikes like Silva rolling with punches if you micro lunge into the strike
I don’t see the difference between Click and Flick - both words are press as fast as possible w/o holding.

Theoretically, yes, you can use R1+LS as Walking feint b/c it is as I said just an initial Walking , and as I said it does not have any SPECIAL properties - no any evasive or feint properties.

Honestly, I don’t think that this move can be used effectively on practice, b/c it is better in all ways to use real Minor lunge than this one - as Side step it takes the same time but have evasive properties. It can not be used as step Feints really b/c it has an walking animation not steps’.

And btw, we do NOT have Lunge Feint in the game - we cannot feint any Lunge into cancel or block, we can cancel it only into strike, TD , sway or another lunge. This is bad. The game NEEDS natural LUNGE FEINT, b/c it exists irl, I agree w this.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-12-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
I don’t see the difference between Click and Flick - both words are press as fast as possible w/o holding.

Theoretically, yes, you can use R1+LS as Walking feint b/c it is as I said just an initial Walking , and as I said it does not have any SPECIAL properties - no any evasive or feint properties.

Honestly, I don’t think that this move can be used effectively on practice, b/c it is better in all ways to use real Minor lunge than this one - as Side step it takes the same time but have evasive properties. It can not be used as step Feints really b/c it has an walking animation not steps’.

And btw, we do NOT have Lunge Feint in the game - we cannot feint any Lunge into cancel or block, we can cancel it only into strike, TD , sway or another lunge. This is bad. The game NEEDS natural LUNGE FEINT, b/c it exists irl, I agree w this.
I agree on there needing to be actual lunge feints.

What you are not getting is the micro lunges behave as a minor lunge cancel. They have even have special, unique properties like being able to relatively stand still and stuff push kicks. When you do this with normal minor lunges you actually move forward into them.

The micro lunge acts as an interim. A purpose of a feint is to give different looks to setup up shots through conditioning and confusion.

If you micro lunge while not blocking you have a different look, it's more like that Edgar step feint I showed earlier. While if you micro lunge while blocking it gives you a different look, a more McGregor bouncy style footwork. If you repeatedly flick in one direction it gives you another look.

These are properties, they could be unintentional but they have utility. They are special properties that are unique to micro lunges.

You haven't understood that micro lunges allow us to inch in/out of range shows you haven't considered the full breath of its use.

Also again special properties to the micro lunge is that you can remain still and no sell strikes (have little hit reaction) and reduce damage taken, while with minor lunges you are still moving more and the damage for moving into strikes is more.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #21
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I agree on there needing to be actual lunge feints.

What you are not getting is the micro lunges behave as a minor lunge cancel. They have even have special, unique properties like being able to relatively stand still and stuff push kicks. When you do this with normal minor lunges you actually move forward into them.

The micro lunge acts as an interim. A purpose of a feint is to give different looks to setup up shots through conditioning and confusion.

If you micro lunge while not blocking you have a different look, it's more like that Edgar step feint I showed earlier. While if you micro lunge while blocking it gives you a different look, a more McGregor bouncy style footwork. If you repeatedly flick in one direction it gives you another look.

These are properties, they could be unintentional but they have utility. They are special properties that are unique to micro lunges.

You haven't understood that micro lunges allow us to inch in/out of range shows you haven't considered the full breath of its use.

Also again special properties to the micro lunge is that you can remain still and no sell strikes (have little hit reaction) and reduce damage taken, while with minor lunges you are still moving more and the damage for moving into strikes is more.
Micro lunges animation (tapping LS+R1) - is a terrible hover movement, b/c this is a short initial walking animation repeated over and over. So this was not mentioned to be in the game, it is a BUG.

When i am talking about "properties" i mean a preset properties by Devs (not just animation and how it mimic something):
Evasive properties - is an invulnerability window for steps (lunges)
Feint properties - is an ability to keep Combos pros and more range on FWD moving strikes (more in the guide).

Much safer to inch in/out of range w Blocking Walking than with Micro lunges.

1) What exactly "special unique" properties do you see for Micro lunges (R1+LS) besides its animation which do you think can confuse the opponent (it is a discussion thing)?

2) What do you mean under " is that you can remain still and no sell strikes (have little hit reaction) and reduce damage taken, while with minor lunges you are still moving more and the damage for moving into strikes is more" and "stuff pushing kicks"?
I tested - after getting hit from Pushing fwd kick, i can NOT to solve my throwing bwd hit reaction by tapping LS fwd + R1 = no effect.
The damage is the same as you get from FWD Walking, not less.

The only purpose for this Micro Lunge i can see is more precise Zoning - its steps are much less than Walking step, but i dont think this can take large role in striking dance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Micro lunges animation (tapping LS+R1) - is a terrible hover movement, b/c this is a short initial walking animation repeated over and over. So this was not mentioned to be in the game, it is a BUG.

When i am talking about "properties" i mean a preset properties by Devs (not just animation and how it mimic something):
Evasive properties - is an invulnerability window for steps (lunges)
Feint properties - is an ability to keep Combos pros and more range on FWD moving strikes (more in the guide).

Much safer to inch in/out of range w Blocking Walking than with Micro lunges.

1) What exactly "special unique" properties do you see for Micro lunges (R1+LS) besides its animation which do you think can confuse the opponent (it is a discussion thing)?

2) What do you mean under " is that you can remain still and no sell strikes (have little hit reaction) and reduce damage taken, while with minor lunges you are still moving more and the damage for moving into strikes is more" and "stuff pushing kicks"?
I tested - after getting hit from Pushing fwd kick, i can NOT to solve my throwing bwd hit reaction by tapping LS fwd + R1 = no effect.
The damage is the same as you get from FWD Walking, not less.

The only purpose for this Micro Lunge i can see is more precise Zoning - its steps are much less than Walking step, but i dont think this can take large role in striking dance.
Lol I find it funny you are trying so hard to dismiss a simple little known function. Whatever man it's on up to you. I have already had success using it.

You asked for special properties. I gave you just that, it's irrelevant if it's intentional or not as it's this late in the devs cycle and unlikely to change. They are unique to the micro lunges.

At this point you're just nitpicking.. I already told you it has special properties like

Being able to stuff push kicks and remain still if you micro lunge into them.
Have less hit reaction by remaining still.
More precise movement by being able to inch out. Basic movement and lunges cover way more distance.
Different looks.
It goes even deeper. It allows for signature micro lunges for anyoene different differing stances. The micro lunge allows you to have unique looks only available to certain fighters.
Again you are incorrect about stuff pushing kicks. You micro lunge into the push kicks and you stuff them, when you do this with minor lunges you move fwd. When you do the same for micro lunging and it seems you take bit less damage. Plus it allows you to extend your block from being broken by resetting.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Lol I find it funny you are trying so hard to dismiss a simple little known function. Whatever man it's on up to you. I have already had success using it.

You asked for special properties. I gave you just that, it's irrelevant if it's intentional or not as it's this late in the devs cycle and unlikely to change. They are unique to the micro lunges.

At this point you're just nitpicking.. I already told you it has special properties like

More precise movement by being able to inch out. Basic movement and lunges cover way more distance.
Different looks.
It goes even deeper. It allows for signature micro lunges for anyoene different differing stances. The micro lunge allows you to have unique looks only available to certain fighters.
Again you are incorrect about stuff pushing kicks. You micro lunge into the push kicks and you stuff them, when you do this with minor lunges you move fwd. When you do the same for micro lunging and it seems you take bit less damage. Plus it allows you to extend your block from being broken by resetting.
Let’s all get along. Can you provide video examples
Old 05-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #24
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:

Different looks.
Man, try to be less personal, please.

I am not trying to dismiss anything. I am just asking to get more precise details about what u r talking about.

And , sadly, the more details from you - the more i want to hear nothing about this thing:

- baggy not intended to be existing animation = unrealistic

- fwd moving staff which _decreases_ received dmg = unrealistic

- which neglect (armor) pushing kicks = unrealistic

- which does not have any cons, and have only pros = no balance, unrealistic

- which is 100% not intended to be in the game = buggy

- b/it 100% is breaking the gameplay and its balance

... in one word which is a 100% BUG EXPLOIT.

So, I believe that it MAY have those pros, but i even dont want to test and explore it anymore and especially consciously add this thing into my Guide.

The only way to share the Bug exploit for me is to post it here on OS to be visible by Devs to be fixed in possible future patches(as i already did several times here, as u know).

I love realistic games (sim) b/c i want to feel MMA as much closer to reality (IRL) as possible via virtual reality.

Things like this is breaking this feel too.

P.S. Do me a favour, create a Bug-exploit report thread here about this thing - for GPD. Please.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-12-2019 at 05:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »