Home

EA UFC 3 integral META Guide

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 integral META Guide within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #41
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 integral META Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Because that's how it was designed. Personally because SC is a much more dominant position than HG, and the Undeniable TD takes more skill than the Blast Double TD, I wish there was a way to have it switch places

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I agree with your logic

BUT

This is not completely true
Try in practice by yourself to meet requirements for Spear (Blast dl) - deal Health event to the dummy or get SA 50+% over him, try regular DL TD... and you get Spear TD, ending in.... DOM SC (NOT Half guard)!
= more dominant DOM SC with less skilled Spear TD... (i used GSP)

It seems that there are some scenarious for ending in HG or SC... the question is what exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #42
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I agree with your logic

BUT

This is not completely true
Try in practice by yourself to meet requirements for Spear (Blast dl) - deal Health event to the dummy or get SA 50+% over him, try regular DL TD... and you get Spear TD, ending in.... DOM SC (NOT Half guard)!
= more dominant DOM SC with less skilled Spear TD... (i used GSP)

It seems that there are some scenarious for ending in HG or SC... the question is what exactly?

I answered your question already. The HG one is the one that CANNOT BE DENIED, and you have to have a 90+ TD Offense or higher to do so, and the window for that to be available is dependent on your timing after s whiff/dodged strike. That Undeniable TD will always take you to HG.

The Spear/Blast Double is for either: the one second window after you ROCK your opponent, or have a significant stamina advantage. But that can be PRE-DENIED.

You're an offline player, competitively speaking, it is MUCH easier to get a rock spear TD vs trying to condition your opponent to open up so you can get the Undeniable, or time the sways according against forward moving strike to do so.

E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 05-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #43
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII

I answered your question already. The HG one is the one that CANNOT BE DENIED, and you have to have a 90+ TD Offense or higher to do so, and the window for that to be available is dependent on your timing after s whiff/dodged strike. That Undeniable TD will always take you to HG.

The Spear/Blast Double is for either: the one second window after you ROCK your opponent, or have a significant stamina advantage. But that can be PRE-DENIED.

You're an offline player, competitively speaking, it is MUCH easier to get a rock spear TD vs trying to condition your opponent to open up so you can get the Undeniable, or time the sways according against forward moving strike to do so.

1) less skilled Spear TD ends in DOM SC. It seems this is not balanced - it need to end in HG...?

2) There are 2 UNDENIABLE TDs in the game: 1st - on whiffed strike with TD raiting 90+ , ending in HG. 2nd - Hand pushes and Diving jump against Spinning kicks and punches. Yes?

3) How to deal / defend with Undeniable TDs, balancing features?

I fixed somewhere about denials, Thank you.

Could you tell me what is wrong here now (by bold fonts for ex), plz:

4) STAND UP TAKEDOWN:
TD evading pros (as FWD Sway ducking):
+ evades some strikes
+ gain GA
+ VS BWD Moving/retreating opponent: Single leg TDs are more effective (b/c are harder to Deny/shorter Denial window)
+ VS FWD Moving opponent: Double leg TDs are more effective (b/c are harder to Deny/shorter Denial window)
- increased Vulnerability to Uppers and Knees (and Straights to a lesser degree).

TAKEDOWN SETUP (i.e. Speed of Takedown’s TM depend on):
1. Range - and will fix the problem where you could hit a really fast double leg takedown from outside of kicking range. Longer range = Slower TD speed.
Single TD range > Double TD range (Double TD is super fast when done within Punching range)
2. Grapple Advantage (GA)
- FWD Swaying Strike > TD attempt (has quick transition to GM)
- Evade opponent’s strikes (by Sway, Step, Walking) – to gain/accumulate GA which lasts longer, then [on large GA] TD attempt.
- [just after opponent’s Whiffed strike, i.e. during Counter window] go to GM (b/c I get GA)
- [when the opponent has their back to the Cage] go to GM (b/c I get GA and had Undeniable TD into “SL/DL TD against the Cage position”).
3. Fighter’s TD attributes
4. ST Stamina
> Use TD on shorter Range as possible (for higher TD speed). On longer distance – use Single TD instead of Double TD.
[On high ST Stamina] perform FWD Moving Strike to hit the opponent (gain GA) > [before the GA has expired, but as late as possible to reduce Range by Strike’s ending animation] perform TD.
5. Opponent is Moving:
- IF towards me - the Denial window for DL TD I attempt will be reduced by 20%.
> If the opponent is Moving towards me – prefer DL TD on him (harder to deny).
- IF away from me - the Denial window for SL TD I attempt will be reduced by 20%.
> If the opponent is Moving away from me – prefer SL TD on him (harder to deny).
6. Opponent’s and My Leg Health.
7. Opponent is in Hit stun.

ANKLE PICK TAKEDOWN (LOW SINGLE LEG TAKEDOWN):
It is ONLY available to fighters: with a Takedown rating of 87 or higher.
[from Step Kick-range OR from Kick-range when your opponent is retreating OR from any range when your opponent is using the Evasive Retreat] perform Single Leg TD – will execute Ankle pick TD instead of SL TD.
Does have TM, so can be denied after initiation (by GB, ending in Break) - ending in DOM Side Control position.
Pre-deny (by pre-holding GB): Yes.
Pros:
- is the same difficulty TD to Deny as SL TD (from 11.07.2018); is a more difficult TD to deny
- ends up in Side Control position
- catch the opponent on long distance to him.

TAKEDOWN on KICK WIND-UP or Exposing BACK KICK/PUNCH (UNDENIABLE):
[Just as the opponent start his Kick, for ex. Spinning kick OR Exposing his back Punch/Kick, for ex. Spinning Punch] input ANY TD – will end in the same one special TD animation (automatically selected for appropriate Strike):
Does NOT have TM, so can NOT be denied after initiation - ending in DOM Up-Down or DOM Back Side positions.
Pre-deny (by pre-holding GB): NO.
- as a Pushing by hands animation > opponent is falling down on his back, ending in DOM Up-Down position.
- as Diving jump TD animation > ending in DOM Back side position.

UNDENIABLE TAKEDOWN:
Input: regular DL TD (L2 + RS←).
Does NOT have TM, so can NOT be denied after initiation - ending in DOM Half Guard.
Requirements (together):
- use a fighter who has a Double leg TD (NOT available for fighters who does NOT have Stand up DL TD) and has a Takedown rating of 90 or higher
- (against a FWD moving Leg kick that lands on the outside of your lead leg) [just before the Leg kick lands + in proper range] – input regular DL TD (ending in DOM Half Guard). Can NOT be Feinted (cancelled).
OR
- (when your opponent misses a strike) [just after the strike misses + in proper range] – input regular DL TD (ending in DOM Half Guard). Can be Feinted (cancelled).
Proper range:
IF your opponent misses a FWD moving strike - input the TD from Kick range.
IF your opponent misses a Standing strike – input the TD from Punching range. (For example: FWD Sway under a Rear strike that your opponent misses > DL TD).
Input TD window size depends on:
- Strike type (weaker strike = shorter window)
- Stamina Advantage (SA) over the opponent
> [When SA] just after missed opponent’s Jab/Straight – input DL TD.
> [When moderate SDA] just after missed opponent’s Overhand/Superman punch – input DL TD.
VS Undeniable TD:
- know your opponent’s Move list: if he has DL TD with Takedown rating of 90 and higher and [when I missed my Strike or performing FWD Moving Leg kick] - be ready for Undeniable TD (ca NOT be prevented), avoid my Strike misses and less FWD Moving Leg kicks.

SPEAR TAKEDOWN (BLAST DOUBLE TAKEDOWN):
Input: regular DL TD (L2 + RS←). Can NOT be Feinted (cancelled).
Does NOT have TM, so can ONLY be Pre-denied, i.e. by (pre-holding) TD GB (ending in SUB Sprawl with large SDA); can NOT be denied after initiation - ending in DOM Side Control.
Requirements (together):
- use a fighter who has a Double leg TD (NOT available for fighters who does NOT have Stand up DL TD)
- opponent is in a (HE) Health event OR I have a SA on my opponent greater than 50%.
VS Spear TD:
- know your opponent’s Move list: if he has DL TD and [when I am in HE and SDA over 50%] - be ready for Spear TD (by using pre-holding GB).

DRIVING TAKEDOWN:
Input: power DL TD (L2+L1 + RS←). Can be Feinted (cancelled).
Does NOT have TM, so can ONLY be Pre-denied, i.e. by (pre-holding) TD GB (ending in SUB Sprawl with large SDA); can NOT be denied after initiation (then only 2 results possible: ending in SUB Sprawl or DOM DL TD AGAINST THE CAGE positions). Defender NEEDS to (holding, NOT click) TD GB all the time until the end position (for draining Attacker’s Stamina during his performing of Driving TD)!
[When my fighter has DL TD and my opponent’s back is less than 14 feet from the Cage, i.e. max from octagon’s center] L2+L1 + (click, may holding) RS← (DL TD) - Driving TD (no TM) into Dominant DL TD AGAINST THE CAGE position.
How to perform (regular) Power DL TD instead of Driving TD: L2 + (holding)RS← (initiate basic DL TD), [then immediately] (while continue to keep holding RS←) release L2 and (holding)L1 OR just add holding L1 to holded L2 + RS← - to modify into Power DL TD.
Requirements (together):
- use a fighter who has a Double leg TD (NOT available for fighters who does NOT have Stand up DL TD)
- my opponent’s back is less than 14 feet from the Cage, i.e. max from octagon’s center.
Usage:
+ to drive my opponent’s back into the Cage to allow me to attempt the TD from there
+ allows to initiate Dominant TD AGAINST THE CAGE position from much greater distance than with a regular TD.
- it can cost considerably more ST Stamina than a regular TD, depending on how it is initiated and how it is defended.
Attacker’s ST Stamina cost of Driving TD:
[If the opponent does NOT input GB] more distance to the Cage = more ST Stamina cost; Defender does NOT lose Stamina.
[If Defender inputted (and holding until the end) GB early] very increased ST Stamina cost; Defender’s GB Stamina cost is minimal. Both fighters Stamina is draining, but with different speed (faster drain for Attacker).
[If Defender inputted (and holding until the end) GB late] less ST Stamina cost; Defender’s GB Stamina cost is much larger. Both fighters Stamina is draining, but with different speed (faster drain for Defender).
[During performing Driving TD - Once the Stamina of the Attacker performing Driving TD goes below a certain threshold (which is a function of the Takedown ratings)] Defender will Sprawl on the Attacker into DOM Sprawl position before reaching the Cage.
> Best time for Driving TD: I have large amount of ST Stamina, SA, closer to the Cage (ends in my SA and in Dominant TD AGAINST THE CAGE position).
> Worst time for Driving TD: I have low ST Stamina, SDA, long distance to the Cage (ends in my large SDA and possible even in SUB Sprawl position, exposed to a Submission).
VS Driving TD:
- know your opponent’s Move list: if he has DL TD - be ready for Driving TD.
- be careful near the Cage
- determine is it regular DL TD or Driving TD (noticed by appearing TM): for regular DL TD - (click) GB, b/c (holding) GB costs more Stamina for the same result; for Driving TD - (holding) GB.
- IF input GB late (noticed by faster draining my Stamina gauge): immediately release GB (to stop loose Stamina)!

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-23-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #44
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
1) less skilled Spear TD ends in DOM SC. It seems this is not balanced - it need to end in HG...?

2) There are 2 UNDENIABLE TDs in the game: 1st - on whiffed strike with TD raiting 90+ , ending in HG. 2nd - Hand pushes and Diving jump against Spinning kicks and punches. Yes?

3) How to deal / defend with Undeniable TDs, balancing features?

I fixed somewhere about denials, Thank you.

Could you tell me what is wrong here now (by bold fonts for ex), plz:

4) STAND UP TAKEDOWN:
TD evading pros (as FWD Sway ducking):
+ evades some strikes
+ gain GA
+ VS BWD Moving/retreating opponent: Single leg TDs are more effective (b/c are harder to Deny/shorter Denial window)
+ VS FWD Moving opponent: Double leg TDs are more effective (b/c are harder to Deny/shorter Denial window)
- increased Vulnerability to Uppers and Knees (and Straights to a lesser degree).

TAKEDOWN SETUP (i.e. Speed of Takedown’s TM depend on):
1. Range - and will fix the problem where you could hit a really fast double leg takedown from outside of kicking range. Longer range = Slower TD speed.
Single TD range > Double TD range (Double TD is super fast when done within Punching range)
2. Grapple Advantage (GA)
- FWD Swaying Strike > TD attempt (has quick transition to GM)
- Evade opponent’s strikes (by Sway, Step, Walking) – to gain/accumulate GA which lasts longer, then [on large GA] TD attempt.
- [just after opponent’s Whiffed strike, i.e. during Counter window] go to GM (b/c I get GA)
- [when the opponent has their back to the Cage] go to GM (b/c I get GA and had Undeniable TD into “SL/DL TD against the Cage position”).
3. Fighter’s TD attributes
4. ST Stamina
> Use TD on shorter Range as possible (for higher TD speed). On longer distance – use Single TD instead of Double TD.
[On high ST Stamina] perform FWD Moving Strike to hit the opponent (gain GA) > [before the GA has expired, but as late as possible to reduce Range by Strike’s ending animation] perform TD.
5. Opponent is Moving:
- IF towards me - the Denial window for DL TD I attempt will be reduced by 20%.
> If the opponent is Moving towards me – prefer DL TD on him (harder to deny).
- IF away from me - the Denial window for SL TD I attempt will be reduced by 20%.
> If the opponent is Moving away from me – prefer SL TD on him (harder to deny).
6. Opponent’s and My Leg Health.
7. Opponent is in Hit stun.

ANKLE PICK TAKEDOWN (LOW SINGLE LEG TAKEDOWN):
It is ONLY available to fighters: with a Takedown rating of 87 or higher.
[from Step Kick-range OR from Kick-range when your opponent is retreating OR from any range when your opponent is using the Evasive Retreat] perform Single Leg TD – will execute Ankle pick TD instead of SL TD.
Does have TM, so can be denied after initiation (by GB, ending in Break) - ending in DOM Side Control position.
Pros:
- is the same difficulty TD to Deny as SL TD (from 11.07.2018); is a more difficult TD to deny
- ends up in Side Control position
- catch the opponent on long distance to him.

TAKEDOWN on KICK WIND-UP or Exposing BACK KICK/PUNCH (UNDENIABLE):
[Just as the opponent start his Kick, for ex. Spinning kick OR Exposing his back Punch/Kick, for ex. Spinning Punch] input ANY TD – will end in the same one special TD animation (automatically selected for appropriate Strike):
Does NOT have TM, so can NOT be denied after initiation - ending in DOM Up-Down or DOM Back Side positions.
- as a Pushing by hands animation > opponent is falling down on his back, ending in DOM Up-Down position.
- as Diving jump TD animation > ending in DOM Back side position.

UNDENIABLE TAKEDOWN:
Input: regular DL TD (L2 + RS←).
Does NOT have TM, so can NOT be denied after initiation - ending in DOM Half Guard.
Requirements (together):
- use a fighter who has a Double leg TD (NOT available for fighters who does NOT have Stand up DL TD) and has a Takedown rating of 90 or higher
- (against a FWD moving Leg kick that lands on the outside of your lead leg) [just before the Leg kick lands + in proper range] – input regular DL TD (ending in DOM Half Guard). Can NOT be Feinted (cancelled).
OR
- (when your opponent misses a strike) [just after the strike misses + in proper range] – input regular DL TD (ending in DOM Half Guard). Can be Feinted (cancelled).
Proper range:
IF your opponent misses a FWD moving strike - input the TD from Kick range.
IF your opponent misses a Standing strike – input the TD from Punching range. (For example: FWD Sway under a Rear strike that your opponent misses > DL TD).
Input TD window size depends on:
- Strike type (weaker strike = shorter window)
- Stamina Advantage (SA) over the opponent
> [When SA] just after missed opponent’s Jab/Straight – input DL TD.
> [When moderate SDA] just after missed opponent’s Overhand/Superman punch – input DL TD.
VS Undeniable TD:
- know your opponent’s Move list: if he has DL TD with Takedown rating of 90 and higher and [when I missed my Strike or performing FWD Moving Leg kick] - be ready for Undeniable TD (ca NOT be prevented), avoid my Strike misses and less FWD Moving Leg kicks.

SPEAR TAKEDOWN (BLAST DOUBLE TAKEDOWN):
Input: regular DL TD (L2 + RS←). Can NOT be Feinted (cancelled).
Does NOT have TM, so can ONLY be Pre-denied, i.e. by (pre-holding) TD GB (ending in SUB Sprawl with large SDA); can NOT be denied after initiation - ending in DOM Side Control.
Requirements (together):
- opponent is in a (HE) Health event OR I have a SA on my opponent greater than 50%.
VS Spear TD:
- know your opponent’s Move list: if he has DL TD and [when I am in HE and SDA over 50%] - be ready for Spear TD (by using pre-holding GB).

DRIVING TAKEDOWN:
Input: power DL TD (L2+L1 + RS←). Can be Feinted (cancelled).
Does NOT have TM, so can ONLY be Pre-denied, i.e. by (pre-holding) TD GB (ending in SUB Sprawl with large SDA); can NOT be denied after initiation (then only 2 results possible: ending in SUB Sprawl or DOM DL TD AGAINST THE CAGE positions). Defender NEEDS to (holding, NOT click) TD GB all the time until the end position (for draining Attacker’s Stamina during his performing of Driving TD)!
[When my fighter has DL TD and my opponent’s back is less than 14 feet from the Cage, i.e. max from octagon’s center] L2+L1 + (click, may holding) RS← (DL TD) - Driving TD (no TM) into Dominant DL TD AGAINST THE CAGE position.
How to perform (regular) Power DL TD instead of Driving TD: L2 + (holding)RS← (initiate basic DL TD), [then immediately] (while continue to keep holding RS←) release L2 and (holding)L1 OR just add holding L1 to holded L2 + RS← - to modify into Power DL TD.
Requirements (together):
- my opponent’s back is less than 14 feet from the Cage, i.e. max from octagon’s center.
Usage:
+ to drive my opponent’s back into the Cage to allow me to attempt the TD from there
+ allows to initiate Dominant TD AGAINST THE CAGE position from much greater distance than with a regular TD.
- it can cost considerably more ST Stamina than a regular TD, depending on how it is initiated and how it is defended.
Attacker’s ST Stamina cost of Driving TD:
[If the opponent does NOT input GB] more distance to the Cage = more ST Stamina cost; Defender does NOT lose Stamina.
[If Defender inputted (and holding until the end) GB early] very increased ST Stamina cost; Defender’s GB Stamina cost is minimal. Both fighters Stamina is draining, but with different speed (faster drain for Attacker).
[If Defender inputted (and holding until the end) GB late] less ST Stamina cost; Defender’s GB Stamina cost is much larger. Both fighters Stamina is draining, but with different speed (faster drain for Defender).
[During performing Driving TD - Once the Stamina of the Attacker performing Driving TD goes below a certain threshold (which is a function of the Takedown ratings)] Defender will Sprawl on the Attacker into DOM Sprawl position before reaching the Cage.
> Best time for Driving TD: I have large amount of ST Stamina, SA, closer to the Cage (ends in my SA and in Dominant TD AGAINST THE CAGE position).
> Worst time for Driving TD: I have low ST Stamina, SDA, long distance to the Cage (ends in my large SDA and possible even in SUB Sprawl position, exposed to a Submission).
VS Driving TD:
- know your opponent’s Move list: if he has DL TD - be ready for Driving TD.
- be careful near the Cage
- determine is it regular DL TD or Driving TD (noticed by appearing TM): for regular DL TD - (click) GB, b/c (holding) GB costs more Stamina for the same result; for Driving TD - (holding) GB.
- IF input GB late (noticed by faster draining my Stamina gauge): immediately release GB (to stop loose Stamina)!

Yes! You understood.

That other Undeniable TD from the whiffed leg kick or from when they're spinning, takes them into Backside.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #45
Banned

You gonna put that in your guide my brother? I tell you it would be a game changer for alotta folks with all the combos and all the mechanics right on one place
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 06:01 AM   #46
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
You gonna put that in your guide my brother? I tell you it would be a game changer for alotta folks with all the combos and all the mechanics right on one place
I already added your Combos thread in To-do list in the Guide. It will be added after all patches (1.13 end) and later live tuners integrated into guide. I hope soon.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #47
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

STICKING this THREAD:
As some guys wanted for this thread to be stick'ed, as i am (b/c i think it may be helpful for anyone especially for newcomers), i asked moderators to stick it.

This the answer:

Quote:
We (mods) were told to limit the stickies in each section. We have five in the EA UFC section (2 of which are for the Devs to see). If your thread gets more attention and buzz then I don't see the problem with sticking it but at this point it hasn't gotten that much attention. Sorry.
So, it is up to you, guys (community)... i did all what i could.

P.S. Honestly, i dont have any mercantile interest for this, b/c i got nothing for this Guide, so the only case for sticking it, especially now, is the _sharing the Meta info with others_.

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-09-2019 at 05:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »