Home

What do you want most from UFC 4?

This is a discussion on What do you want most from UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2020, 12:17 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What do you want most from UFC 4?

GM mode/Booker mode and gameplay improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 12:05 AM   #26
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
I would like to see more emphasis on setting up/looking for the right strike than the focus on volume striking we have now, at least with some fighters. I want the game to feel more dangerous and that one shot can really matter.

This doesn’t mean get rid of volume striking, certain fighters should still get their wins by accumulation but for guys like say Yoel Romero, he should be a low volume guy that can end it with one shot. You can’t really play that way right now though. I want this style to be viable depending on the real world fighter’s style.

Rocks should be less frequent and more devastating and more difficult to survive. No more of this 5 rocks a round stuff.
This is what annoys me about this game. When you rock someone, the game wants you to just throw a "block breaker" combo at them, crush the block, and finish them.

Trying to use feints, or mix ups and set up a big finishing shot is how you end up with 10 rocks and knockdowns a fight.

The game wants you to use high volume.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 03-15-2020, 04:58 AM   #27
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

better/smoother animations all around, better stand up (the improvements needed here are quite a good amount less than everything else), ground game needs a redesign, and fighter uniqueness needs tonssss of work. Oh, and last but definitely not least, no more input lag. Might be the most important thing.

I think the stand up would improve a lot just with better animations and hit detection. I also think the system itself is good conceptually, execution just needs clearing up in areas. The main issue is when it feels gamey imo. So certain situations always having a best answer. So if A happens, you need to block and throw a straight punch/left hook. Another example would be the body kick catch. It's very scripted-feeling and happens way too often relative to real life. The balancing of the body kick needs work in general. I think it was OP in ufc 2 so this was their solution and while the balancing has maybe improved... it's still bad. There are many solutions to it but not gonna go deep on that here. Defensive striking needs a lot of work too.

So yeah, imo pretty much every area of the gameplay could do with significant improvements currently. Suffice to say my expectations for UFC 4 are very low. I think that's the best way to avoid disappointment though. I think it'll be a few years before they make something resembling what I want.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 03-15-2020 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:20 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti1
better/smoother animations all around, better stand up (the improvements needed here are quite a good amount less than everything else), ground game needs a redesign, and fighter uniqueness needs tonssss of work. Oh, and last but definitely not least, no more input lag. Might be the most important thing.

I think the stand up would improve a lot just with better animations and hit detection. I also think the system itself is good conceptually, execution just needs clearing up in areas. The main issue is when it feels gamey imo. So certain situations always having a best answer. So if A happens, you need to block and throw a straight punch/left hook. Another example would be the body kick catch. It's very scripted-feeling and happens way too often relative to real life. The balancing of the body kick needs work in general. I think it was OP in ufc 2 so this was their solution and while the balancing has maybe improved... it's still bad. There are many solutions to it but not gonna go deep on that here. Defensive striking needs a lot of work too.

So yeah, imo pretty much every area of the gameplay could do with significant improvements currently. Suffice to say my expectations for UFC 4 are very low. I think that's the best way to avoid disappointment though. I think it'll be a few years before they make something resembling what I want.
Yup pretty much said everything. Right on. To add to that the damage system needs improvements and stamina issue.

Also don't keep your expectations low for ufc 4 because they are taking more time on it which can only mean one thing its getting better. Also this is most likely there finally so they are probably going all out. Lastly our guess (the fans on the forums) is ufc 4 will focus on the ground and clinch heavily. If this is the case i hope they renew everything like they did with striking in ufc 3 and also focus on the striking too because that still has lots of flaws.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:40 AM   #29
MVP

I really hope they improved the clinch.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I really hope they improved the clinch.
Also i can't explain this, but i hope the gameplay looks fluid. It looks like 2 robots fighting in ea ufc games. Something that thq ufc 3 had that i noticed is how fluid it looked. I remember especially when watching beta gameplay on youtube of the notorious conor on how robotish he looked. He also feels super robotic. I hope ufc 4 is just fluid as can be.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA
Also i can't explain this, but i hope the gameplay looks fluid. It looks like 2 robots fighting in ea ufc games. Something that thq ufc 3 had that i noticed is how fluid it looked. I remember especially when watching beta gameplay on youtube of the notorious conor on how robotish he looked. He also feels super robotic. I hope ufc 4 is just fluid as can be.
The clinch and subs feels disjointed from the rest of the game. I hope this is addressed. I think they can do good with a clinch that is updated and striking out of subs.

I hope there's a rumble for subs so we can play immersively. But the main thing I want now is an improved clinch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #32
MVP

Trillz's Arena

combo system feels too scripted, stats should play more of a role more, not throwing a scripted sequence that everyone uses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »