Home

Bug or feature: Freezing Block

This is a discussion on Bug or feature: Freezing Block within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Bug or feature: Freezing Block

When you dodge repeatedly with minor lunges while blocking in a short time you freeze the block animation. During the freeze if you back lunge repeatedly you drain a lot of stamina in a short time. It forces the opponent to stop attacking so it’s good at stopping pressure/’spam’. I’ve been using it lately and it’s fun. Don’t think the game is gonna be patched anyway. The animation looks like a feature too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Bug or feature: Freezing Block

Low block and high blocking fast cause the a lot of striking animations not to produce, which is ridiculous. But I’m not sure I’ve seen a freeze up like this. I am seeing people suddenly start some other bug that just makes strikes go completely off track, like well over their heads, sometimes it looks a bit more less crazy.

I’m thinking it has something to do with the strike canceling which is awful game design imo, I never understood why strikes should be “canceled” if it’s not from being hit. But there’s something going on lately where I think people are just breaking the game to cause strikes to either go off track. But it sounds like you’re talking about something slightly different.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

This is what it looks like. I'll call it sticky block.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
This is what it looks like. I'll call it sticky block.

After all this time, you do you understand how the blocking mechanic works? Your block is “frozen” from being depleted from hooks or side strikes. If your opponent throws a straight strike, you eat it. It works in the opposite way too. Why do you think 1212headkick took this name??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
After all this time, you do you understand how the blocking mechanic works? Your block is “frozen” from being depleted from hooks or side strikes. If your opponent throws a straight strike, you eat it. It works in the opposite way too. Why do you think 1212headkick took this name??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Nope that’s a different animation. That’s from side or front strikes this is from minor lunges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Nope that’s a different animation. That’s from side or front strikes this is from minor lunges.
Just like how repeated straight strikes open up looping shots, repeated looping shots (hooks, basic elbows, roundhouse kicks) open up for straight strikes like: Uppercuts, jabs/straights, front kicks, etc.

It was the three hooks you blocked that caused full commitment to blocking looping strikes, not head movement. Unless you can somehow trigger this without your opponent attacking at all (while not being Gaethje), this is just basic block breaking..

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 03-17-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:09 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Just like how repeated straight strikes open up looping shots, repeated looping shots (hooks, basic elbows, roundhouse kicks) open up for straight strikes like: Uppercuts, jabs/straights, front kicks, etc.

It was the three hooks you blocked that caused full commitment to blocking looping strikes, not head movement. Unless you can somehow trigger this without your opponent attacking at all (while not being Gaethje), this is just basic block breaking..
I know the animation you are referring to. This is not that tho. You can move while your block is split but when you minor lunge you are stationary. That’s the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »