Home

Patches made the game worse, well- good bye

This is a discussion on Patches made the game worse, well- good bye within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Patches made the game worse, well- good bye

I said if nothing was done about head movement being OP I would say good bye. Just deleted the game.

Head movement hardly has any decrease in effectiveness but ground was debuffed and now significant stamina drain for kds. So your best option is to almost always pick high level boxers. All the high level guys basically stay in a crouched head bobbing position waiting for a rock, and since rocks basically drain an enormous part of your stamina there is little incentive to not just play this rock, paper scissor game. If you throw a head kick they will duck uppercut. And if they see a leg kick they will move to a side sway because for some reason body kicks and leg kicks aren’t effective in these positions.

EA clearly didn’t prioritize the problem of head movement and I can only see this being a bigger deal later, I wont be surprised when it starts becoming a lot more public how problematic this design is. and I just can’t play this game in this condition, this is the first time I’ve ever been truly disappointed in a ufc game to this extent that ive deleted it, I have always found some fun in all games from the undisputed to ea mma to ea ufc games, but this is just not fun to me unless i play an aggresive boxer.

I understand I will just get hate or be told I should just quit and not mention it on these forums. Or the thread will get locked and i will be told i should have just posted this alongside 100 other posts about the patch where it will never be read by the dev team.

Thanks EA, you really did try. I will try the game again in your next patch but there isn’t anything in the offline or online that currently keeps me engaged until this is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Patches made the game worse, well- good bye

A slight stamina tax on head movement similar to lunges would really go a long way.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
Rookie

It sounds like you haven't got either the mentality or drive to adapt. It's not for everyone. I'm sure there's other games out there for you. Bye.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
MVP

I don't agree. the game way more better after dropped the patch. bye.

Last edited by tissues250; 03-05-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Banned

Game is much better after patch.

But yeah current head movement system is bad. Still a great overall game and I have faith the devs will make it bettef.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #6
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Bro... head movement has been slowed down, a slipping strike is as fast as a normal strike.

I feel like that is enough, so there is no need for a stamina tax.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #7
MVP

Slipping strikes are slow now ... fight in outside is possible... the stamina drain makes people have strategy b4 engage
Old 03-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Bro... head movement has been slowed down, a slipping strike is as fast as a normal strike.

I feel like that is enough, so there is no need for a stamina tax.
It's better now, but I wouldn't say there isn't a need for further fixes.

Head movement is taxing irl, as much as lunges if not more.

Head movement gives you armor against most strikes (causing the opponent to gas on whiffed strikes) without any of the stamina tax of lunges.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »