Home

Best PES Game? (2012-2014)

This is a discussion on Best PES Game? (2012-2014) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Best PES Game? (2012-2014)

Hello,

I owned and enjoyed PES 2012, skipped 2013 and now I am ready for soccer again. But I'm not sure which PES of the last 3 is considered the best. Should I pick up 2012 again or go with 2103? I like having options and playing offline tournaments. I'm not an online guy so I don't care about that at all except for downloading kits or whatever. I also am an MLS fan, so I'd love to download files for that. Is 2014 somehow better than 2013? These boards are pretty hush right now so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Best PES Game? (2012-2014)

PES6 or whatever it was called then. Slow slide to nothing since then.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

This is actually a tough question to answer. If you enjoyed 12, 13 might be the way to go, although I would argue that the only thing they vastly improved was the visuals/lighting. Game play is different but not necessarily better.

I think 14 is worth 30-40 bucks if you can find it used. The upcoming data pack update should improve the value of the game. Those of us who bought the game brand new on the release day feel a little ripped off.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Which of the 3 has the best build up? How about fouls? I'm leaning towards 13 bc I already had 12 and it seems 14 took out tons of features and has iffy gameplay.

Now Playing:

Old 11-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

12 had the most fouls, 13 has a decent amount, and 14 has practically none. I think 12 has the best buildup balance between the user and CPU.

In 13 they kind of screwed up the CPU buildup and defending, which makes it too easy to dominate possession. 14 is better in that regard, but the CPU still has issues. I would say 13 is most polished product overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
12 had the most fouls, 13 has a decent amount, and 14 has practically none. I think 12 has the best buildup balance between the user and CPU.

In 13 they kind of screwed up the CPU buildup and defending, which makes it too easy to dominate possession. 14 is better in that regard, but the CPU still has issues. I would say 13 is most polished product overall.
Thanks man! Gamefly has 13 for $9.99 right now while 12 is $12.99. Guess I'll grab 13 and see how it goes.

Now Playing:

Old 11-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

PES 13 is a ******** game. Its more like a pinball than a football game (soccer). Don't waste your money and time. Dunno how you enjoyed 12 too...

PES 14 has a great new engine, with awesome ball physics, the best ever that ANY football game had. There are some things they have to work around, there will be more patches for sure, but with this latest 1.04 its all very good and it's only going to be better.

The only KONAMI games worth playing are Winning Eleven for ps1, Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution on ps2 and PES 14.

Fifa 11 and Fifa World Cup 2010 are awesome games too, and if you haven't tried them, than you simply have to. Those are the most polished and most perfect soccer games you can find today.

PES 14 has problems concerning AI and goalkeepers (at the moment), but fox engine is a revolution in soccer gaming and you gotta try it...
Old 11-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osbourne
PES 13 is a ******** game. Its more like a pinball than a football game (soccer). Don't waste your money and time. Dunno how you enjoyed 12 too...

PES 14 has a great new engine, with awesome ball physics, the best ever that ANY football game had. There are some things they have to work around, there will be more patches for sure, but with this latest 1.04 its all very good and it's only going to be better.

The only KONAMI games worth playing are Winning Eleven for ps1, Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution on ps2 and PES 14.

Fifa 11 and Fifa World Cup 2010 are awesome games too, and if you haven't tried them, than you simply have to. Those are the most polished and most perfect soccer games you can find today.

PES 14 has problems concerning AI and goalkeepers (at the moment), but fox engine is a revolution in soccer gaming and you gotta try it...
Thanks...if I run an offline tournament in 14 can I control multiple teams or am I just limited to one as in years past?

Now Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »