Home

NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice

I have NFL 2K5 for Xbox and have tried to get it to work on my 360, and it won't work. I was signed into Xbox Live (Silver), and it would not work, and then I even tried making the CD from Microsoft that has the files to run new games (November Version (newest)), and loaded that.

There are no scratches or deformities on the NFL 2K5 disc I own as I bought it new years ago, and only played it a few times. I also tried booting straight from disc, booting from the dashboard, unplugging my XBox 360 and starting over. Clearing my cache and starting over, erasing the Marketplace profile, and starting over, and nothing works.

Do you think it is my disc or my 360? Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NFL 2K5 won't work on my 360 - Need Advice

Is it loading or freezing?

I'm having problems ever since the MS backwards compat. download with occasional freezes/and even a few dreaded red rings on the 360....but then after restarting, I get a few games in....

I've noticed it tends to freeze when I adjust things mid-game....sliders, coaching strategies, etc. My game also has a few scratches and was played religiously on the black box from the first day it came out for about 2 years.

I was able to get Puja's latest roster's able to work today....

All my other B.C. games work fine...NCAA Football and NFL Fever 2004 like a charm...but these weren't with the recent Nov. MS update....

Lots of luck...I think it's something with the emulator...I'm tempted to search for another copy of 2K5 if they're not in the dumpster at Gamestop yet...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Thanks. I have never been able to get the game to fully run. It just brings up the Xbox icon. One time it got to the part asking me to install an update to play the game, and the NFL 2K5 icon shows up in memory area as 16KB, but the game has NEVER come on the 360. I am very tempted to buy another copy and try it because they are so cheap anyway. Anyone have any ideas? Would I be wasting my time buying another copy to try? Is it worth playing on the 360, or should I just stick with my old Xbox? Thing is, I just bought a darn Xport for $49.99 (haven't gotten it yet). Oh well, maybe it is worth having anyway. I was hoping to leave my xbox in the other family room, but I may bring it into the living room just to play this REAL football game. The new Madden patch hasn't fixed what is fundamentally wrong with Madden of course. It is better, but still isn't quite up to par. The AI and over the top tackles, lack of presentation, etc. just bug me.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18

Mine runs fine other than when i start the game the disk sits at the xbox logo..sometimes for an extended period than finally loads.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Well, bought another copy of NFL 2K5 for 1.99 at Gamestop. This one actually worked on my 360, so it can work, but while I was playing it stopped and said the disc was dirty. This disc had a lot of scratches on it. Since it is so cheap, I may try another one that isn't so scratched up, but if that doesn't work, it must be my 360. Oh well, I still have my Xbox 1 (Halo Edition) that is in mint condition, so I may move that from the kids room to the family room in order to play. Is there any benefit to playing on the 360 besides the controller? I still don't have my Xport either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Drursus,

Take that scratched copy back and get another copy.

Gamestop has a new return policy: you may return a game for any reason (even if it sucks) as long as you bought it used, have the reciept, and it's within seven days.

Another store in your area is bound to have a copy, go swap it out. You're bound to find a clean copy soon enough. I had to look at a couple of stores to get a clean one for my nephew, but for a measly 2 bones, it's one of the best values in gaming.

The backwards compatibility does work, and work well if you're not playing online.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I like playing it on the black box. Most games work better on the Xbox than the 360, as the 360 is usually more choppy and freezes. I'd say since you have an Xbox to play on it, but it is up to you.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #8
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobbone
Drursus,

Take that scratched copy back and get another copy.

Gamestop has a new return policy: you may return a game for any reason (even if it sucks) as long as you bought it used, have the reciept, and it's within seven days.

Another store in your area is bound to have a copy, go swap it out. You're bound to find a clean copy soon enough. I had to look at a couple of stores to get a clean one for my nephew, but for a measly 2 bones, it's one of the best values in gaming.

The backwards compatibility does work, and work well if you're not playing online.
Thanks, I will do that. I have a few gamestops I can try. Hopefully I can find one that my picky 360 will read without errors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »