Home

Run With Us: Colorado Buffaloes Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Run With Us: Colorado Buffaloes Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2020, 07:38 PM   #1
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Run With Us: Colorado Buffaloes Football (NCAA 14)

Hey everyone! After a few months hiatus I've decided to hop back in with the 2020 rosters and start a new dynasty. I've always struggled with fighting sliders to enjoy NCAA, and I think I've finally figured out how to best enjoy this game. I'm really looking forward to this dynasty, and I hope y'all enjoy the ride!

House Rules
Difficulty: Heisman
Fatigue: Off
HFA: Off
Injuries: On
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes

All other settings are set to default.

Gameplay Restrictions
On offense: I am not allowed to control players on run plays until they reach the second level of the defense. I have found that this is one of the best tools to make the game more fair, and it makes your player's ratings matter more. I also do not scramble left/right. I can only step up in the pocket to run.

On defense: I play as a defensive lineman for the entire game. There is no switching players.
I almost never return punts.

Recruiting Restrictions
I may not actively recruit more than 18 players. Recruiting classes will be larger because players will sign if you have open scholarships. The caliber of players available for signing will depend on my program prestige. Just as Colorado does in real life, I will focus on recruiting Colorado, Arizona, Texas, and California. For year one, we are a 4 star program, so the following restrictions are in place:
4 Stars: 4 players (all in state recruits)
3 Stars: 9 players
2 Stars: 5 players

Last edited by Miles Perry; 08-23-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Re: Run With Us: Colorado Buffaloes Football (NCAA 14)

Yearly Recaps

Last edited by Miles Perry; 08-23-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Colorado Hires Clark Lea

Boulder, CO --- Just 2 weeks after Mel Tucker dashed to Michigan State (in mid February, mind you) the University of Colorado has announced that Clark Lea has been hired away from Notre Dame. This is a huge success given that Lea is one of the brightest young stars in the coaching profession. Athletic Director Rick George said that Lea blew away the competition during the interview process, and that he expects "great things" to start happening with CU football very soon.

The 2019 season was Lea's second season as the defensive coordinator for the Irish. Notre Dame finished last season 18th in total defense, creating 28 turnovers along the way. The Irish also finished 18th in 3rd down defense, allowing conversions on just 33% of third downs. If Lea can replicate this defensive success at Colorado the sky is truly the limit for this program.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Lea Finalizes Staff

Boulder, CO --- Clark Lea has made his final hire for the 2020 CU football staff. Lea retained 4 coaches from the previous Colorado Buffalo staff. Coaches are listed below with brief descriptions.

Offensive Coordinator Darrin Chiaverini is entering his 5th year at Colorado. He served as the associate head coach under Mel Tucker and was named the interim head coach after Tucker left. Chiaverini will also coach the Wide Receivers.

Offensive Line Coach Mitch Rodrigue joins the staff from a head coach position at Spanish Fort HS in Alabama. Prior to his two years at Spanish Fort he served as the offensive line coach for the Louisiana Rajin Cajuns.

Tight Ends/Assistant Offensive Line Coach Taylor Embree joins the staff from the NFL ranks. He served as a quality control coach for the San Fransisco 49ers for the last 3 seasons.

Running Backs Coach Darian Hagan has been on staff at Colorado since 2005 in various roles. Hagan is a Colorado alumni and in the CU athletics hall of fame.

Quarterbacks Coach Danny Langsdorf joins the staff after a 1 year stint at UNLV. Prior to his year at UNLV he had 1 year stops at Fresno State, and Oregon. And from 2015 to 2017 he was the offensive coordinator at Nebraska.

Defensive Coordinator Tyson Summers was also retained from the previous staff. Summers joined the Colorado staff two years ago from Georgia where he served in a defensive quality control position. Summers will also coach the linebackers

Cornerbacks Coach Demetrice Martin joins the Colorado staff from the University of Arizona where he also worked with corners. Martin has coached in the Pac-12 since 2009.

Safeties Coach Bret Maxie joins after a 1 year stint as the offensive coordinator at IMG Academy in Florida. Maxie played for 13 years as a defensive back in the NFL, and coached in the NFL for 18 more years.

Jack Coach Brian Michalowski was also retained from Mel Tucker's staff. This is his second year coaching defense at Colorado. Prior to his arrival he spent a year as a quality control coach at Georgia.

Defensive Line Coach Chris Wilson is in his second stint at Colorado, joining the staff again this year. Wilson spent the last 3 years coaching in the NFL with Arizona and Philadelphia.

Strength and Conditioning Coach Drew Wilson is in his fourth year at Colorado. He arrived from Maryland in 2016.

Offensive Graduate Assistants for the 2020 season are Jason Grossman and Donovan Williams. Grossman will work with the wide receivers and Williams will work with the offensive line.

Defensive Graduate Assistants for the 2020 season are Aziz Shettu and B.J. Johnson. Johnson will work with the secondary and Shettu will work with the defensive line.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 01:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I see you are running scared by not putting the Northern Colorado Bears on your schedule... You must be chicken
Old 08-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #7
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Colorado Buffalos 2020 Football Roster

Old 08-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow. Solid Depth. Team looks way better on paper then they perform. Never understood why Colorado has struggled to build a winning program. They were good back when I was in Junior High in the early 90's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »