Rookie

OVR: 0
The Legacy of Jax Edwards

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Legacy of Jax Edwards

We will be following Jax Edwards, the new Defensive Coordinator at the University of Kentucky. Since 2008 and their bowl victory the Wildcats have been lacking in talent and success. This was best represented in last seasons record of 2-10 (2013). The University athletic department had enough and Head Coach Joker Phillips, as well as his OC and DC, were let go and the new man on campus is Mark Stoops the previous DC at Florida State. Neal Brown was sought out by Stoops due to his unique Air Raid Style and was signed to a four year deal as the Offensive Coordinator. The Wildcard signing was of Jax Edwards who is largely unproven. A charismatic individual who coached at a few high schools in Tennessee and Kentucky is nothing to bat your eye at. He seemingly won over Stoops and the athletic department during the interview and has been signed to a two-year contract.

Jax Edwards Coaching Career

I have taken inspiration from Moose141, thesportsguru11, Deegeezy, WaitTilNextYear among many others

Game: NCAA Football 14
Starting Year: 2013-14 Season
Platform: Xbox 360
Rosters: Nice Ski Mask Xbox 360 2013-14 Roster
Sliders & Conference: Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide, J-kits with a few minor edits
Quarters: 8 minuets
Scheduling: Following real out of conference opponents until I have to make those decisions on my own.
Offseason: To add uncertainty to player progression, 10 total players will be randomly selected to either gain or lose overall points to simulate “regression and progression” within the dynasty. Players will be chosen by jersey numbers and incoming freshmen will be exempt. 6 players will regress while 4 players will progress.

Recruiting Rules
- Players in pipelines states who are 3* or lower may be scouted one time at 100%. No scouting of 4* or 5* players until they are signed or lost. Then they will be legitimate gems/busts once they are scouted after the fact.
- I can only sign enough players to fill in my 70 roster spots when I lose seniors, plus any available spots from transfers/players leaving early. +1 or +2 over the 70 cap to maintain the ability of members to be cut because on real teams some people don’t make it.
- Anyone added to the recruiting board after the season begins has to have team at least in their top 10. (Does not include preseason).
- The recruiting board may not be modified (players removed). Players may be added to the recruiting board once a target commits to another school and frees up board space.
- Only ONE player may have the maximum 700 points assigned to them in any given week. All other recruits must have no more than 600 points assigned.
- Only ONE ATH may be signed in any year's recruiting class.
- All CPU signed walk-ons must be cut that takes the roster total past 70. Ideally, all walk-ons should be cut, but any under the roster maximum may be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Players who are +1000 on the field in recruiting are considered to be verbal commits
- Try and stay in typical team pipelines unless the player is interested in team right from the start of the season.
-I will edit players based on injuries throughout the season and randomize some names in our recruits if the names seem to bland

Team Rules
- Players can only be redshirted if they would not play in a real-life scenario and will not be on my 2 deep depth chart.
- Can't redshirt anyone who comes in as a 5* prospect, must play them in some capacity.
- Can't redshirt any JUCO signing.
- Can redshirt SO if they do not make the 2 deep depth chart
- Players requesting to transfer will be allowed to leave unless they are supposed to be a starter in the upcoming season, then they can attempt to be convinced.
- Players leaving for the NFL draft will be allowed to leave.

Gameplay Rules
- Must choose 90% of offensive/defensive plays from the "Ask Coach" selection screen to allow for input of "coordinators" but can choose plays in crucial situations as desired (much like a head coach might)
- Must choose one player pre-snap on defense (can be any position) and must play the duration of the play as that player. For offense and defense, I will be playing True Coach Mode (TCM). This is when you let the AI run for you and make the option reads. During pass plays, I will player lock on an offensive lineman until the end of the play so the QB makes their own decisions. During defensive plays, I will either player lock on the FS or DT.
- Default playbooks in year one. In subsequent seasons, the playbook can be modified to include new custom formations and plays.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Hiring Interview

"Listen, everyone, I am only going to address this once, I am here to talk about the team and the team only. The matter of fact is that I am here and now my sole focus is on the successes of this defense. I have time for three questions. Fire away."

A middle-aged woman stands up in the front
- Coach what type of defense do you run, none of us here have heard of you, let alone know the style of your play, could you enlighten us?

"Of course, of course, that is a fair question, but where is the fun of showing your hand so early in the game? Next question."

- Don't you think that you should give us some information, I mean it is a simple answer, 3-4, 4-3?

"True, true and now you've wasted two questions on the same topic, who has the last question?" Edwards points to the back at someone who has had their hand raised

- What do you hope to bring to this team, even though your contract doesn't seem to be for the long term? Could you turn this team around in such a short amount of time?

"That is four questions, but I will let it slide. I am here to make sure seasons like last year do not happen again and honestly, that doesn't seem too hard so I may have it easy here. Honestly, though I pride myself on my defensive play so within these two years I will try and build a top 25 defense."

Edwards walks off without saying anything after answering the question
Old 08-20-2020, 10:06 PM   #4
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Re: Hiring Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its2Eazy17
"True, true and now you've wasted two questions on the same topic, who has the last question?" Edwards points to the back at someone who has had their hand raised
Right off the bat, the Coach is a jackass to the Media

Savage.

Green Bay Packers

Sacramento Kings

Seattle Mariners

San Jose Sharks

Seattle Sounders
Old 08-20-2020, 10:20 PM   #5
Pro

sgf83's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Right off the bat, the Coach is a jackass to the Media

Savage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgf83
Haha I mean he is just saying what everyone is thinking! Plus with a name like Jax he has to have a good amount of sarcasm mixed in with his charm that got him the job at Kentucky!
Old 08-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Preseason!!

Old 08-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #8
Rookie

KU Depth Chart- 2013 Season

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »