Home

Madden 20 Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod within the Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Coach Mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
The work Landeye has done is fantastic..and this is the way I and my friends have always played..simulation..coach mode.
Normally I would be ecstatic...but just saw the clip and the Ballcarrier moves very inhuman like...no juke no foot plant cut ..it’s arcade all the way..
Nothing you can do about this...I am told the “Gamers” complain about not being able to joystick tackle cpu runners ..so this is what Madden did in patch 1.10...I don’t use Madden any longer but if by chance they ever decide to fix their error...I am going to utilize your great work here on my pc
It doesn't show it in that clip but I can tell you that I do indeed see jukes, spins, and moves where the ball carrier will plant his foot and make a cut. You won't see them every single run, but they definitely happen.
If you've got Madden 20 on PC, I recommend loading it up with Landeye's mod and try it out. It plays really well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprofilen
As for superstar abilities, kind of disappoints me. I had plans to keep it on, and I'm sure all of us expected these type of stats with them.
I know what you mean. I was just hoping they'd maybe not be quite so overpowering. We all have our own ideas of what we want to see though so give them a shot though and see how they work out for you!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #27
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks2681
It doesn't show it in that clip but I can tell you that I do indeed see jukes, spins, and moves where the ball carrier will plant his foot and make a cut. You won't see them every single run, but they definitely happen.
If you've got Madden 20 on PC, I recommend loading it up with Landeye's mod and try it out. It plays really well.
Sticks is this with all the updates..patches ...or is this bare bones without patches...
Old 10-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Sticks is this with all the updates..patches ...or is this bare bones without patches...
I believe I'm running patch 1.15, so the latest as of October 1st or whenever it was.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:36 AM   #29
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

I've been spending the past couple days watching kickoff after kickoff and after making a bunch of adjustments in the hopes of making returns better I'm liking what I'm seeing from ball-carriers in the open field in general. Still need to watch more but I'm liking where its headed.

Quote:
The work Landeye has done is fantastic..and this is the way I and my friends have always played..simulation..coach mode.
Normally I would be ecstatic...but just saw the clip and the Ballcarrier moves very inhuman like...no juke no foot plant cut ..it’s arcade all the way..
Nothing you can do about this...I am told the “Gamers” complain about not being able to joystick tackle cpu runners ..so this is what Madden did in patch 1.10...I don’t use Madden any longer but if by chance they ever decide to fix their error...I am going to utilize your great work here on my pc
Thanks for the kind words. I agree in wanting to have realistic foot plants and what not and that's something I definitely want to try to get as much as possible. I've even toyed with the idea of increasing the locomotion clamp for RPM for this reason. Keep in mind these clips are from testing and I already see things that are off and need adjusting but check these out.

2 things immediately noticeable that are off here. Some changes I made are causing the QB to react to the unblocked pass rushers right before they become blocked and he does an unnecessary half a second scramble before throwing to the open man (easily fixed). Second, the WR does some weird warp when juking which I don't think I've seen before which means its probably the prompt angles I messed with while testing. Other than that an exciting big play.
https://streamable.com/vl2ed

This one shows that the cpu LOVES to spin. I have no idea why but I seriously have to adjust stuff so that they dont do it so much which is totally different than all the other special moves. I made a few small adjustments since I wasnt seeing them much at all anymore and this was the first play from scrimmage in the game lol. Definitely an unnecessary spin you could say but I wanted to show that they will in fact use special moves.
https://streamable.com/0umbu

Only thing missing right now is stiffarms and hurdles. I haven't really experimented with hurdles but stiffarms seem to have been taken out of the game completely at the moment.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #30
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Keep getting unhandled exception error and can't run it..tells me to run as administrator which I do and still get message.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #31
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Keep getting unhandled exception error and can't run it..tells me to run as administrator which I do and still get message.
So it's different than the live content error you were getting before? Have you used any other mods before? The only things I'm aware of that usually cause issues is the moddata folder needing to be deleted, the live content folder needing to be deleted or playing the game offline instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #32
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
So it's different than the live content error you were getting before? Have you used any other mods before? The only things I'm aware of that usually cause issues is the moddata folder needing to be deleted, the live content folder needing to be deleted or playing the game offline instead.
Yep I'm no longer getting live content error. This is the first mod I have ever used in Madden 20. Mod will appear to launch then I will get run tool as administrator which I'm doing coupled with a list of things. I will try deleting mod data folder in Madden 20 to see if that works

this is what I'm seeing

One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System****ntime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatc hInfo.Throw()
at System****ntime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handl eNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.d__28.MoveNext()
at System****ntime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handl eNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 10-12-2019 at 07:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods »