Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #65
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
The sack issue is an AI problem. If you check out my Statistics&Sliders thread you can see the actual testing of each slider. You will see that lower pass coverage does impact sacks but reduced it on the play called to 6 from 12. Each game is different because different primary routes force the AI to hold the ball longer. This then results in more coverage sacks. Each teams playbook may have more or less deep throws changing the sack numbers. It probably even varies based on random play selection by the AI.

The only way to fix sacks is either roster edits or a patch. I am avoiding starting a season until the patch comes out. Reportedly they are addressing the AI issue.
Sorry to bring up an old thread... well not really, it's good info.

Anyway, if you want to fix the sack issue, try lowering offsides. Doesn't make sense but hey, it's Madden.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #66
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Something that should be added is that Pass Reaction definitely has an effect on how the AI reacts to "deception" plays (Play Action, Screens) and the run. At lower Pass Reaction, the AI seems to stay on its original "key" longer, making runs easier (but making it hard to get a screen pass off without a sack, as the rushing linemen stay locked on the QB).
Old 11-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #67
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Something that should be added is that Pass Reaction definitely has an effect on how the AI reacts to "deception" plays (Play Action, Screens) and the run. At lower Pass Reaction, the AI seems to stay on its original "key" longer, making runs easier (but making it hard to get a screen pass off without a sack, as the rushing linemen stay locked on the QB).
I have found, on All-Pro, that a Pass Reaction Time of 74 gives a fair balance in how the defense reacts to screens; I assume based on play logic. At 74 I have players come through straight at the QB; while at other times they will cut their rush at the QB short and go to the screen side.

In general it has been my experience that Pass Reaction effects zone coverage - the higher the better. The side effect is, the higher the pass reaction, the less aggressive zone players are at attacking the run play; they tend to stay in their zones longer and not get out of position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »