Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Well guys I don't think we'll be looking to step up from all-pro to all-madden anytime soon. I've played 4 games so far. The first 3 I couldn't stop anyone, giving up 2 games of nearly 400 passing games yards and another with a 74 yard run on the very first play. I managed to go 2-1 in all nail biter games including one overtime after I got iced on a game winning field goal.

The third game was an absolute slugfest, 19-21 victory. Lots of stuffs on third and short and about 8 sacks combined.

Expect to play more coverage. I think they want you to with what I call the "arms length" guidance line. Otherwise the CPU qbs will carve you up. And you can still rack up offensive numbers but be wary of INTs. I've got 7 so far.

Can't wait to have more feedback from you guys and of course Flazko's input!
Old 08-24-2017, 08:16 AM   #10
All Star

Flazko's Arena

So far, All-Pro seems much better this year. Player movement looks a bit better, frostbite engine looks great, I've seen better line play (interactions), coverage seems ok, I can't really tell too much difference yet, idk if I'm rusty or what but moving the ball is pretty challenging so far. I'm gonna test it out today and see where we're at. A patch is supposed to be released tomorrow morning. I will also post sliders and settings tomorrow morning at 9am mountain time. I really have a good feeling about Default All-Pro Simulation this season. Let's just see what the first patch does. This will influence any adjustments I plan to make. I really don't plan on getting too far away from default this year but I'm sure Auto Subs weren't messed with, CFM XP Sliders weren't messed with, penalties weren't messed with and to be honest, I don't believe too much of actual gameplay was messed with. They may have just tuned a few elements of play, so it is possible a bit of things that worked in last year's game might work this year. I will test it out. I really just plan on looking for decent to good interactions between OL vs DL and WR vs CB, errant passes, rotations / substitutions, and lastly, less shifting and sliding if I don't have to adjust too many sliders to get the animations right. I prefer to have good gameplay instead of good animations but of course I will try and see if I can possibly have both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Clint confirmed on Twitter no patch tomorrow. Day 0 was already released.

"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #12
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
Thanks for sharing. I've seen a few issues, I can get passed them but I'm trying to not nitpick and be patient this year. I've seen players in man to man coverage blow that coverage and get lost, I've also seen WRs running up field on bubble screens instead of running behind their blockers. On the coverage issue, it's like the CB gets burned, he runs to cover no one. The animation looks like if he bit on a play action without there actually being play action and then he had to try catching up to the WR. It pretty much gives the WR a head start. I've only played 3 full games and I've seen this kind of consistently. I'm thinking of maybe adjusting the reaction slider but not going to jump to any conclusions yet. Going to try different teams. Game looks pretty good in my opinion. Feels great. There are some things I'm going to change from default but so far everything seems alright. I'm trying different adjustments to certain sliders to see if it feels significantly "better" than default. I'm a little "iffy" on line play, I've seen some great things and also seen some questionable things. Overall I've been pretty satisfied. We shall see what I can decide.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Typically, the pattern has seemed to be two weeks after launch for the first patch / update. They usually release it on Fridays. No 100% word on a patch yet. I heard rumors of there being one tomorrow but a rumor is all it has been so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
Do you know when the patch is?
Old 08-24-2017, 10:59 PM   #15
Pro

tyler28's Arena

Are you doing all madden this year? I thought it played well. My main issue was user run game needs a boost but other than that i had a lot of fun on all default all madden. Kinda disappointed that the game is basically the same in cfm. The gameplay is better but i still see the same issues year after year.

This year there doesnt seem to be as many issues as 17 so thats a good start. Its better but is it where i expect madden 18 to be at...no? Compared to mlb and nba 2k its still way behind. But at least ea took a step forward with gameplay and not a step back like 16 to 17 was. If you need help testing ill be around. I probably wont have time to develop my own set for a while.

I just got promoted to a general manager position and its taking all my time. I almost didnt buy 18 this year but look at me, i picked it up on the 9pm release lol. I mean ive had every version since 92 its hard to break the streak. I thought pushing 40 id be over video games by now lol.

Cheers to another year of madden ups and downs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #16
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Are you doing all madden this year? I thought it played well. My main issue was user run game needs a boost but other than that i had a lot of fun on all default all madden. Kinda disappointed that the game is basically the same in cfm. The gameplay is better but i still see the same issues year after year.

This year there doesnt seem to be as many issues as 17 so thats a good start. Its better but is it where i expect madden 18 to be at...no? Compared to mlb and nba 2k its still way behind. But at least ea took a step forward with gameplay and not a step back like 16 to 17 was. If you need help testing ill be around. I probably wont have time to develop my own set for a while.

I just got promoted to a general manager position and its taking all my time. I almost didnt buy 18 this year but look at me, i picked it up on the 9pm release lol. I mean ive had every version since 92 its hard to break the streak. I thought pushing 40 id be over video games by now lol.

Cheers to another year of madden ups and downs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm not really an All-Madden guy. As of now I've been enjoying All-Pro default with Simulation setting. I can't say I wouldn't at least try all-madden if I feel I should, but All-Pro is working fine for me. It feels a little improved. I honestly feel like some slider sets that worked in last year's game would work this year. I'm taking my time to really get a feel for the game. Tomorrow morning I'll post everything (settings, sliders). Cheers man. Hopefully this year treats us better than last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »