Home

Next Madden Patch??

This is a discussion on Next Madden Patch?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2023, 02:00 AM   #33
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Next Madden Patch??

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I paid way less than 70 bucks, that is how I can justify it.

That almost makes up for the lack of penalties called. lol
You should play on PC with Sabo's mod. I just had 9 penalties called against me, 9 min qtr.

Holdings, defensive PI, illegal contact.

In his mod I've seen encroachment, false start, offsides, facemask, it really helps.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:04 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahUtes32
You should play on PC with Sabo's mod. I just had 9 penalties called against me, 9 min qtr.

Holdings, defensive PI, illegal contact.

In his mod I've seen encroachment, false start, offsides, facemask, it really helps.
dont play on pc
Old 09-15-2023, 09:07 AM   #35
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler
Server maintenance today (Friday). Could be a patch later today.
Have they ever dropped a patch on a Friday? I HOPE I’m wrong about it but it almost feels like that team doesn’t work at all once football starts on Thursdays until football wraps on Mondays. Feels like patches have always been Wednesday or Thursday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 09:13 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
Have they ever dropped a patch on a Friday? I HOPE I’m wrong about it but it almost feels like that team doesn’t work at all once football starts on Thursdays until football wraps on Mondays. Feels like patches have always been Wednesday or Thursday.

I think the first patch for this year came in on a Friday morning.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:25 PM   #37
Rookie

It’s clear a patch or fix for the draft class issue isn’t forthcoming anytime soon. Either no urgency to fix it, can’t fix it or it’s tricky to fix. Either way I’m not getting burnt again by EA. Next year no pre order. I’m fed up of sitting on a £70 game and not playing it because something in franchise or the game is broken.

EA will get my money (at a reduced rate in a sale) when it’s in working order for Madden 25.

As for Madden 24 I’ll be starting my franchise tonight and having to edit all draft players at some point in the future if it’s not fixed by then. Fed up of waiting.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:29 PM   #38
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
It’s clear a patch or fix for the draft class issue isn’t forthcoming anytime soon. Either no urgency to fix it, can’t fix it or it’s tricky to fix. Either way I’m not getting burnt again by EA. Next year no pre order. I’m fed up of sitting on a £70 game and not playing it because something in franchise or the game is broken.

EA will get my money (at a reduced rate in a sale) when it’s in working order for Madden 25.

As for Madden 24 I’ll be starting my franchise tonight and having to edit all draft players at some point in the future if it’s not fixed by then. Fed up of waiting.

Dude the draft classes isn’t that game breaking. I mean sure it will be nice once they fix it, and sure it sucks having a fat belly QB. But just have fun with it man, no need to wait. Just take off and go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2023, 02:47 PM   #39
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I get the frustration, but to sit there and display insight you don't have is where you lose me. You have zero idea what is or isn't being worked on. We as a community don't know, and like to pretend we do know what's going on. Your anger is warranted, I am frustrated myself, but not suprised.

It's a double edged sword, they keep tight lipped, we ridicule them. They give us info and a deadline, we ridicule them if they would happen to miss it. Personally, I wouldn't as EA release any info beyond the team is aware, and fixing the issue.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-15-2023, 04:02 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Dude the draft classes isn’t that game breaking. I mean sure it will be nice once they fix it, and sure it sucks having a fat belly QB. But just have fun with it man, no need to wait. Just take off and go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More power to you and anyone who can ignore it. But one of the main tenants of franchise, at least for many, is immersion, and it's hard to get that when player models are morphed oddly. For some people, that is game breaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I get the frustration, but to sit there and display insight you don't have is where you lose me. You have zero idea what is or isn't being worked on. We as a community don't know, and like to pretend we do know what's going on. Your anger is warranted, I am frustrated myself, but not suprised.

It's a double edged sword, they keep tight lipped, we ridicule them. They give us info and a deadline, we ridicule them if they would happen to miss it. Personally, I wouldn't as EA release any info beyond the team is aware, and fixing the issue.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
Eh...what insight is he claiming?

The game was released a month ago, and they acknowledged their awareness of this problem pretty early on. Saying that it hasn't been fixed because they are not in a rush to fix it OR that it is a difficult fix to implement...that isn't pretending to know what is going on. That is acknowledging one of few possibilities as to why it hasn't been fixed.

Forget this specific example about the draft classes. Why has X not happened?
1 - It's low priority (either we don't care to fix it or there are more important things)
2 - Working on it, but it's difficult and will take time
3 - Waiting for the appropriate time to release.

I don't agree with the double edged sword comment either. If this were an in-development product then that is a very different story for not being forthright with communication or deadlines. For an already released product which people have paid for, the consumers deserve more than a "we're working on it" and then 2 weeks of radio silence on the issue. Will they get condemned for releasing a target date and missing it? Yes of course they will, but why is that a problem? It's incentive to deliver on your promises. ALso, it's hard to have empathy for not delivering on promises when the defense is weakened by already failing to meet expectations in the first place (disregard any cheeky comments regarding the irony of talking about Madden/EA and expectations in the same sentence).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »