Home

Do player ratings finally matter?

This is a discussion on Do player ratings finally matter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Do player ratings finally matter?

Just wondering if ratings matter yet in madden besides speed and qb accuracy. It would be nice if 3rd stringers played like 3rd stringers"confused" for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

Re: Do player ratings finally matter?

With no response I will take that as a No
Old 12-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Dont take it as a no persay. I think game owners are few and relatively far between for one. Just look at active useres in the forum.

I dont have a yes or no answer to your question, but i can tell you, in my finl preseason game this morning, i went into the 4th with a 0-0 tie game. Finally ended up putting in my 3rd string qb, threw 2 picks, sacked, fumbled, and lost the game 17-0.

I dont know if ratings matter, but, unless its just what i wanted to see, i could tell a huge difference gameplay wise, 1st strng to 2nd string, and finally to 3rd string.

Just my opinion.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I think it is much better on current-gen, at least on the PS4. I bought M25 on old gen (PS3) and I couldn't get into it.

You can definitely tell when there are mis-matches along the line. I remember one game where I went off for 4 sacks using a good (not great) LE. I had been tinkering a bit with sliders and was afraid I messed something up. Nope. I realized I was going up against a 58 overall RT due to injuries. The next several games were against starting RTs and that LE struggled. Also, I started using the Colts for a CFM....good lord does their O-line suck wad! It is no wonder they have struggled so badly this year on the ground.

DB/WR interactions are still weak; but you can still tell a difference between weak DBs and strong DBs.

Player styles are also well done here. It is most obvious with HBs as you had better use them to their strengths. You dance with a power back; you're done; ram it up the middle with a small speed back, you're done. The scheme system implemented last year really helps here.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
With no response I will take that as a No

No. The "make up" speed is still there on defense so throwing a long bomb (IF you can even get that completed) will almost ALWAYS result in your star blazing WR being run down.

A backup QB can still be Tom Brady.

The list goes on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I'd say with QBs, HBs, and WRs/TEs you can see the difference. Blocking FBs and O-line aren't too different still imo.

D-line play is noticeable and I still think there needs to be more disparity between good DBs and bad ones.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrewed
I'd say with QBs, HBs, and WRs/TEs you can see the difference. Blocking FBs and O-line aren't too different still imo.

D-line play is noticeable and I still think there needs to be more disparity between good DBs and bad ones.
I disagree with the offensive line not being different.. Put in a group of 60 overall linemen in compared to 80-90 overall lineman... Big difference
Old 12-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
I disagree with the offensive line not being different.. Put in a group of 60 overall linemen in compared to 80-90 overall lineman... Big difference
This.

In my franchise I lost my 91OVR LT mid game and had to put in his 67OVR replacement.

Big difference.

I missed my starter very much and signed a 73OVR FA since my regular guy was going to be out 7 weeks.

The 67OVR guy let several defenders go past him way easy and it led to 3 sacks in 2 quarters he played, when usually I get a couple sacks for a whole game..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »