Home

Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

This is a discussion on Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
My rebuttal, if it can be called that, is that the same holds true for FIFA on consoles, yet Madden is still available on consoles. Meaning, even though FIFA is a world wide brand, the Madden NFL brand is popular enough to justify not only selling Madden NFL but also paying for an exclusive license.

To simplify, Madden NFL sells enough to warrant making that year after year and paying for the branding, considering the presumed lower cost of porting a PC version now and already having the branding, PC sales wouldn't have to be astronomical to turn a profit.
I dont know why EA WOULD consider putting it on PC. One, for the reasons CM stated its arguable that EA would ever see a profit on PC. Two, PC games continue to be easy as hell to pirate and could potentially cut into a small bit of the console sales. Look, I'm a bit of a scumbag and if I had a PC that could play the games at a high level....I'd probably download illegally Madden on the PC instead of buying it on consoles. I think there are a few other people who would do the same.
aholbert32 is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #18
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,505
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

MMMM, outside the box thinking, sounds like Big wants a "souped up" (modded) Madden that plays better on the PC vs console. lol

All said in jest, Big.

I have nothing else to add that's been already said in the thread.
roadman is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #19
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont know why EA WOULD consider putting it on PC. One, for the reasons CM stated its arguable that EA would ever see a profit on PC. Two, PC games continue to be easy as hell to pirate and could potentially cut into a small bit of the console sales. Look, I'm a bit of a scumbag and if I had a PC that could play the games at a high level....I'd probably download illegally Madden on the PC instead of buying it on consoles. I think there are a few other people who would do the same.
So I ask again, how does this reasoning not apply to FIFA, which is available on PC? The fact that FIFA sells more doesn't seem to explain it because, again FIFA outsells Madden on consoles yet there is enough sales to warrant console Madden. Considering that I would presume Madden on PC would sell enough in relation to FIFA PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
MMMM, outside the box thinking, sounds like Big wants a "souped up" (modded) Madden that plays better on the PC vs console. lol

All said in jest, Big.

I have nothing else to add that's been already said in the thread.
Oh there is no doubt Road, that's exactly my frame of mind, lol. I did the same thing a couple years ago with regard to dang near begging Tiburon to add a true Coach mode in Madden, just hoping I can find some way to enjoy the only NFL game around.

I'm desperate not to give up this gaming vice, lol.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #20
Live your life
 
Gotmadskillzson's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 22,180
Blog Entries: 91
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Madden on the PC would be awesome. Look at the mods people do with NBA 2K and FIFA every year on the PC. Think about it, if you have NBA 2K on the PC, you also have all the college teams as well with updated rosters and college uniforms from those mods.

So no doubt they would do the same thing with Madden on the PC, make a NCAA football mod.
Gotmadskillzson is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So I ask again, how does this reasoning not apply to FIFA, which is available on PC? The fact that FIFA sells more doesn't seem to explain it because, again FIFA outsells Madden on consoles yet there is enough sales to warrant console Madden. Considering that I would presume Madden on PC would sell enough in relation to FIFA PC.
It doesnt apply to FIFA because according to sales it appears that international gamers are more open to buying PC games than American gamers. Using Video Games Chartz numbers (not the most reliable but all we have to work with), FIFA 14 sold 10,000 copies in North America. It sold 230,000 in Europe and 60k in the rest of the world. Now the only reason that FIFA is even released in the US on PC is because its already released in the rest of the world (where it produces decent sales).

So if you are EA and you see that your most popular game only does 10k in sales on PC in North America....why would you release your 2nd most popular game on PC? Sales show you that US fans arent interested in buying sports games on PC and you cant even rely on sales from the rest of the world like you can with FIFA.
aholbert32 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #22
MVP
 
DCEBB2001's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So if you are EA and you see that your most popular game only does 10k in sales on PC in North America....why would you release your 2nd most popular game on PC?
I have a reason. Because otherwise SOME PEOPLE won't purchase the game at all.

I will never purchase another Madden game until one of the following occurs:

1) Madden becomes something that can actually rival the overall game-play/franchise/etc. of NFL 2K5

OR

2) Madden becomes available on the PC so people like me can MOD the hell out of it.


Until one of these two happens, EA will NEVER get a dime from me. I would even be willing to pay upwards of $100 for a PC game or a great Madden on the console. How about THAT for a reason?

It's up to EA to prove to me that they deserve my money, but as of right now, they don't deserve a single cent.
__________________
Dan B.
Player Ratings Administrator
www.fbgratings.com/members
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
DCEBB2001 is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,888
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I have a reason. Because otherwise SOME PEOPLE won't purchase the game at all.

I will never purchase another Madden game until one of the following occurs:

1) Madden becomes something that can actually rival the overall game-play/franchise/etc. of NFL 2K5

OR

2) Madden becomes available on the PC so people like me can MOD the hell out of it.


Until one of these two happens, EA will NEVER get a dime from me. I would even be willing to pay upwards of $100 for a PC game or a great Madden on the console. How about THAT for a reason?

It's up to EA to prove to me that they deserve my money, but as of right now, they don't deserve a single cent.
I just dont think there are a ton of people like you out there. Not enough to justify making the game on the PC. None of the sports games that release PC versions are even moderate sellers. NBA2k sold under 10k on PC. So did PES. Fifa sold around 10k. The market just isnt there right now.

You guys dont think EA has looked at PC as a a possible way to make more revenue? They love money/revenue so I'm sure they have and if the money was there they would absolutely release it on the PC.
aholbert32 is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #24
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont know why EA WOULD consider putting it on PC. One, for the reasons CM stated its arguable that EA would ever see a profit on PC. Two, PC games continue to be easy as hell to pirate and could potentially cut into a small bit of the console sales. Look, I'm a bit of a scumbag and if I had a PC that could play the games at a high level....I'd probably download illegally Madden on the PC instead of buying it on consoles. I think there are a few other people who would do the same.
Scumbag checking in here. Would definitely download Madden on PC first and only buy it IF the online play was worth it.
wordtobigbird is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Top -