Home

Running Tips

This is a discussion on Running Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Running Tips

this year running system is amazing, for those who just held sprint button all last year will not work. You have to be patient and use your blockers correctly, this post really helped. I never held LT coming out, I would not use sprint though, I waited for my blockers to set up then I made my moves. Great post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #26
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive never been one to hold the sprint button on any madden until I was running in the open, but this game feels stiff and robotic no matter defense or offense. It is not fun to play and it does not feel realistic at all IMHO. Even with a player like reggie bush and while holding the PM button, he feels sluggish and slow to respond.

I had everything the OP posted grasped before he posted it. Ive already achieved gold on every challenge and run the gauntlet multiple times. The game just feels unresponsive IMHO. I threw the other FB game in and even and older copy of madden and it felt much more responsive and enjoyable.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #27
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
Ive never been one to hold the sprint button on any madden until I was running in the open, but this game feels stiff and robotic no matter defense or offense. It is not fun to play and it does not feel realistic at all IMHO. Even with a player like reggie bush and while holding the PM button, he feels sluggish and slow to respond.

I had everything the OP posted grasped before he posted it. Ive already achieved gold on every challenge and run the gauntlet multiple times. The game just feels unresponsive IMHO. I threw the other FB game in and even and older copy of madden and it felt much more responsive and enjoyable.
You like how players cut on a dime responsiveness? I think those days are over.

You just half to get use to it.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #28
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Lol I never knew about this L2 thing. Sweet!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #29
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

THREAD OF THE YEAR
Old 08-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #30
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
You like how players cut on a dime responsiveness? I think those days are over.

You just half to get use to it.
No, thats not what Im saying at all and that is definitely not what I want. I do however want players to move similar to the way their real life counterparts do. The other football game was able to do it, and people couldnt cut on a dime. The NHL demo just came out and that also feels more responsive IMHO and that is full of momentum.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #31
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Running Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
No, thats not what Im saying at all and that is definitely not what I want. I do however want players to move similar to the way their real life counterparts do. The other football game was able to do it, and people couldnt cut on a dime. The NHL demo just came out and that also feels more responsive IMHO and that is full of momentum.

Honestly I can see where you're coming from with the stiff and robotic comments. The animations can certainly be smoothed out and added onto but I whole heartedly disagree that the game isn't fun. I think this is the best Madden I've played since 05 and this is the first Madden that feels as dynamic as 2k5 once did.

Just being able to weave in and out of traffic with jukes and cuts is a breath of fresh air that you couldn't always do in past games.

Last edited by UMhester04; 08-28-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
I use the zoom camera. All pro sliders at default only changing QB accuracy

I'm still having a hard time getting a consistent running game. I'm doing exactly what you said. But when i hold down L2 my running back moves so slow that he gets caught from behind a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »