Home

Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?)

This is a discussion on Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?

Im getting alot of busted up plays trying aggressive catches. There either pounding me with a hit or swatting the ball out of my hands. Not deflecting the ball just making me drop it after the hit.

Im wishing my secondary would play like the cpus but maybe its me

Its like the cpu is more concentrated on knocking the hell out of me like ronnie lott days cause to me and how the nfl is there hitting a defenseless player if there in the act of catching the ball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #426
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?

online I can see the issue. but its the same issue as having 4 vets in a playbook. its the same issue as dealing with those who play to look for glitches they can exploit.

but vs CPU(online)...I am loving it. most of the time I regret taking a shot down the field, and on defense for the longest time I was playing the ball, and kept getting frustrated with it. I started playing for the swat/knock away, and shut it down a really high percentage of the time.

I think the zone D problems, some money routes being just too ridiculous(TE corner for example, TE crossing routes) are much bigger issues. So is that kicking meter refusing to "stick" about 5-10 percent of the time.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #427
Rookie

OVR: 0

I basically completed all of the MUT solo journey challenges calling nothing but Trips Tight Verticals. It has the TE running a corner route, which beats man to man every time, and then a lot of times you can hit one of the receivers down the seams against zone coverage. If it's cover 4 or the defense covers the seams, then just dump it off the the HB out of the backfield for 6-7 yards.

I'm sure a human opponent would adjust eventually, but the point is that you don't even need aggressive catching to make plays like 4 verticals be over-effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »