Home

Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?)

This is a discussion on Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?)

I haven't played the game yet obviously but in every video I'm seeing of Madden 16, people are just lobbing it up to their WR and getting spectacular catches over perfect coverage on almost every throw.

Alot of these, the DB actually intercepts the ball but the receiver tears it out of the DB's hands in mid-air.

This really has me worried, as I was starting to get excited for this year, since they seemed to have fixed most other issues I had with the gameplay. Yes, I'm aware that you can press a button to "play the ball" which will knock the ball out of the receiver's hands and isn't as risky as trying to intercept it. But I'm not seeing any youtuber use it.

--------------------------

-Edited By ChaseB-

Seems there will be a post-launch tuner. According to Rex Dickson (Madden developer) on Twitter:

Quote:
@Mr_DirtySprit3 Aug 20
@RexDEAFootball Game looks great Rex! Just 1 major flaw..Will the Aggresive catch be toned down post patch? #GREATGAMEIFTHATHAPPENS

Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
@Mr_DirtySprit3 We will have a tuning update before the post launch patch. Details forthcoming.
I don't consider that a stone-cold guarantee or anything as it's ambiguous, but updating the OP accordingly.

Last edited by ChaseB; 08-23-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16: Is the new Aggressive Catch overpowered?

my initial feeling is yes but we really wont be able to tell until we play the game for ourselves
Old 08-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Certainly seems so. It's actually getting old already just from these YouTube videos. Feels like I've seen the same animations many times.

I don't understand why you need all this button pressing. Just let it play out naturall. Let football be football. I guess the button mashing is for the masses. Gives it that back of the box feel. Oh EA
Old 08-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Problem was that last year if you threw the ball to a receiver for a jump ball it would get intercepted the majority of the time. That is not reflective of NFL. Usually jump ball is caught by receiver knocked out by the corner or overthrown by the qb. INTs on deep balls happen far less in real life as opposed to about 75% of the time in madden 15. I think this year they got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #5
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Rex stated that u can still play no switch and the wide receivers will use the ratings they have to determine the outcomes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I believe ratings are being considered, and that the CPU player will use their ratings, but games are about user control...I play many shooter games, and I have to aim my own gun instead of having the special forces soldier, I am playing as, shoot for me...
Old 08-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Rex stated that u can still play no switch and the wide receivers will use the ratings they have to determine the outcomes.

But the ratings should determine the outcome anyways. Ratings should determine what animations a player has available to them. That's not the case? So will every receiver be able to do all catch animations?
Old 08-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I believe ratings are being considered, and that the CPU player will use their ratings, but games are about user control...I play many shooter games, and I have to aim my own gun instead of having the special forces soldier, I am playing as, shoot for me...
But then that gives the player your controlling a unfair advantage. And may cause him to not play like himself

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »