Home

Draft Champions Idea (Patch?)

This is a discussion on Draft Champions Idea (Patch?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #9
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Champions Idea (Patch?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
So this year I absolutely LOVE the Draft Champions game mode. It allows me to customize and micromanage my team with a relatively high degree of risk/reward in each draft. Every game feels unique because you never quite meet the same combination of players twice, and the pain of losing is alleviated by the fact that you get to draft another team!

That being said, I would like to see just a couple things added to the mode. The first is pretty obvious and I think everyone would agree: Draft Champions needs to allow you to play against your friends, both locally and online. The lack of this feature was an extreme oversight, one that I hope they can fix in a patch.

Another change I would like to see implemented would be to add two more rounds after drafting your coach. In one round, you choose a team's jersey. In the other, you draft a team's playbook. These two things would add even more variety, customization, and replay value to an already incredible game mode.

And finally, add more players of all types: Base team players (those 72 overall guys), mid level, elite, and legends. This is my main gripe with the mode, your undrafted starters lack variety and show up far too often. Even if I choose the same coach every time, I should get a slightly different base roster each time!

I really hope EA can add some (if not ALL) of these features in through a patch or (free) DLC at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree with those points. I like picking from the coaches playbooks. Forces me to try a new playbook.

It'll be interesting to see if the rosters are updated based on MUT database or Play now database. The ratings are currently from MUT and usually players that perform well get a fantasy football for that week with increased stats.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Champions Idea (Patch?)

I love your idea of friends. Another idea I had was, at the end of drafting you can sell one player(maybe you got 2 really good TE's and no MLB). Let's say you got a 88 rated TE and 84. You could settle for selling a TE for a player that's -5 overall worse than the player your selling, but could fill a need. Just an idea.

But you could not sell a legend

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »