Home

Scheme Broken??

This is a discussion on Scheme Broken?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #17
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scheme Broken??

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Any particular reason you think it's the worst?
Vague descriptions, subjective evaluations, no way to quantitatively test the assertions -- all with an air of being profound and meaningful. Madden astrology.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #18
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Last year, I believe scheme mad a big difference on the starting confidence of a new player (sign FA, drafted rookie, etc.); i.e., if it did not match, he joined your team with a confidence near zero. I would guess it is the same this year.
Also focus on confidence when changing the player scheme for your starters. It's really helped the cpu a.i. imo
Old 10-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #19
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

So the consensus is we have to create an owner or play coach for them to stick, good to know.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #20
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
So the consensus is we have to create an owner or play coach for them to stick, good to know.
Correct.

I can confirm (at least for me on PS4) that when doing a custom owner in my Patriots franchise scheme changes (both positional schemes and coach schemes) are always sticking for me, and not reverting to default.

But I have always made a custom owner when doing owner mode, so I guess I that's why I never had a problem.

That's lame though, they should fix it for those who wish to use existing owners. Because as the years go by you're going to need to change schemes as your players change...
Old 10-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #21
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

So I created a franchise as a custom owner and can edit schemes and make them stick. However I wrote down all the overalls for all my WRs in the various schemes to see which one gives me the highest. I found my top receiver is best with speed, my second with red zone threat, and my third with route runner. So I set it that way in schemes. However only WR1 set at speed effects all WRs thus making WR option 2&3 pointless to change to anything. Same goes goes for DT, MLB, and CBs sine there are more than one scheme type you can set it too.

Anyone else experiencing this too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #22
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
So I created a franchise as a custom owner and can edit schemes and make them stick. However I wrote down all the overalls for all my WRs in the various schemes to see which one gives me the highest. I found my top receiver is best with speed, my second with red zone threat, and my third with route runner. So I set it that way in schemes. However only WR1 set at speed effects all WRs thus making WR option 2&3 pointless to change to anything. Same goes goes for DT, MLB, and CBs sine there are more than one scheme type you can set it too.

Anyone else experiencing this too?
Yes.

But remember, schemes don't ACTUALLY change your players ratings, it just changes which ratings are used to calculate his overall. So it makes it seem like his overall changes, but his skills all stay exactly the same and skill ratings are what actually affects your player on the field. So essentially, it doesn't matter.

Schemes are just supposed to be used for you to set what you PREFER for each position, and shows you guys who fit that by making their overall seem higher.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #23
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Yes.

But remember, schemes don't ACTUALLY change your players ratings, it just changes which ratings are used to calculate his overall. So it makes it seem like his overall changes, but his skills all stay exactly the same and skill ratings are what actually affects your player on the field. So essentially, it doesn't matter.

Schemes are just supposed to be used for you to set what you PREFER for each position, and shows you guys who fit that by making their overall seem higher.

Can anyone prove that it actually DOESN'T affect ratings and gameplay during user vs cpu games?
I'm not going to just go w/ that belief b/c someone says that's how it is, it only does THIS or THAT.
That's like saying that the tuners ONLY affected this or that. OR tackling only affects the ability to tackle!?! We all know good and well that to be a better tackler, you also have to be a better block shedder, and in better position to make the tackle, better purser.

I'm playing each game on the schedule and should have a good amount of data by seasons end to know if it matters or not. It's also able to change a player's confidence, that seems to matter to everyone.
See my thinking is when it's moving those weights around, it's emphasizing those specific attributes(agility, str, awr) which means those attributes mean more for those players that have the scheme matching the player type(strong arm, one cut).
Think of it as the coach giving certain boost/confidence to players that match their scheme and player type(strong arm, one cut).
When the game is loading and your waiting to play vs the cpu, it's loading all that, confidence, coaching schemes, overall ratings, ALL of it! For the cpu, so far in my games, it does matter!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #24
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Another reason why I don't like schemes. No one knows what really does what! The devs to my knowledge haven't told us exactly how it works just like there have been player attributes added that's not clearly defined therefore guessed by the community. I don't know, for the laymen this is a turn off. For someone who wants to spend tons of time researching each player throughly in the draft and micromanaging their roster to a large degree this adds another level of realism. But for me I would rather spend my time playing games than micromanage and searching forum threads to understand something that isn't explained.

Without a doubt this is the best Madden I have played to date and looking to finally starting my season but I don't know how popular some of these things have been for EA. Hope we keep going in the right direction next year with CCM and color commentary most likely being a highlight. This year has been a step in the right direction for me and for that I am thankful. Also I feel for the first time The devs are having a stronger reach for community input and discussion. This is big and only helps everyone who loves video games and the game of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »