Home

Scheme Broken??

This is a discussion on Scheme Broken?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0
Scheme Broken??

Hello

I have a PS4 version of Madden 16 all up to date with patches and roster.
I went into CCM to start a franchise with the Patriots. I was owner and picked default settings. I went in to compare players overall ratings with different schemes and once the change was made...i.e. HB from the default of Balanced to Power back I backed out with the circle button, went back in and it didn't accept my changes. I was unable to save ANY changes I made to coaching scheme's.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a known bug? Did I do something wrong?

Does scheme's in the long run really matter and effect the overall outcome of player ratings while in game or is it purely a cosmetic change? Example....Rob Ninkovich is rated 86, however in CCM in the scheme of 3-4 versatile he's rated at 79 that is a significant drop in ratings for this player. Some players are +/- a few points.

This could have potential to cause issues with players I draft that don't fit the scheme type that I can't change.

Again, could this be "game breaking" does it really matter when playing a game in CCM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Re: Scheme Broken??

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
Hello

I have a PS4 version of Madden 16 all up to date with patches and roster.
I went into CCM to start a franchise with the Patriots. I was owner and picked default settings. I went in to compare players overall ratings with different schemes and once the change was made...i.e. HB from the default of Balanced to Power back I backed out with the circle button, went back in and it didn't accept my changes. I was unable to save ANY changes I made to coaching scheme's.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a known bug? Did I do something wrong?

Does scheme's in the long run really matter and effect the overall outcome of player ratings while in game or is it purely a cosmetic change? Example....Rob Ninkovich is rated 86, however in CCM in the scheme of 3-4 versatile he's rated at 79 that is a significant drop in ratings for this player. Some players are +/- a few points.

This could have potential to cause issues with players I draft that don't fit the scheme type that I can't change.

Again, could this be "game breaking" does it really matter when playing a game in CCM?
Are you online or off? It may also be b/c your playing owner mode and not coach. I'm offline and playing coach and it works fine. And yes, your team will play better having them set to the correct scheme.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 10-02-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Are you online or off? It may also be b/c your playing owner mode and not coach. I'm offline and playing coach and it works fine. And yes, your team will play better having them set to the correct scheme.
I'm offline. So maybe this is only something that can be changed in coach mode? I don't like that, I like to play owner mode.....hope this isn't the case. Will test it out.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Okay, so I tested it out. Only way that I can see to change scheme's is in coach mode. Has anyone else been able to change it in owner mode and been able to make them "stick"? Is this done or purpose or is this a bug that hopefully EA will iron out..... Can I turn this feature off?!? I hate it. Kinda makes my franchise unplayable as owner in my opinion. I know many will disagree and that's okay.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:02 AM   #5
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

This is a known issue for owner mode. Schemes will not stick when playing as an owner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
Pro

It's not a bug. The coaches schemes are tied to the coach. If you fire that coach you can hire a coach with a different scheme.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #7
Pro

Also scheme doesn't change the ratings of the player. Just the overall. It's basically used to help the cpu teams set depth charts.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 07:36 AM   #8
Rookie

I had that problem too but what did it for me was waiting for the offseason and changing it there and then u will see it stick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »