Home

Relocation

This is a discussion on Relocation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Relocation

They're the LA Rams but you're forced to move into that cheese futuristic stadium in year 2..

I used to buy Madden strictly for Franchise, ever since franchise mose was created..... Then before they ever created franchise mode we used to be able to play a season. Id create my own franchise mode with me keeping stats on paper lol..

3 years ago I stopped playing Franchise mode all together and haven't played since. Because each year Id be disappointed and disappointed...

I thought the relocation was generic. Those stadiums were horrible and the generic templates were even worse. Every year Id hope they'd make franchise better but nope it never happened.

The same reasons I quit playing franchise 3 years ago still persist in this years version of Madden:

Generic Stadiums, Unable to open roofs in CFM, Too easy to trade draft picks with the CPU, Problems with the drafted players in CFM, (WR, Same Helmets, etc..)

I could go on and on Im so glad I play strictly online now head to head now
Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Rather than start a new thread I'll ask here - I traded in my Madden 16 so I can't check it myself. Which teams have stadiums ranked low enough to relocate.

Or, if I set it to allow all teams to relocate can I relocate my team and then change the setting to "none"?
Set your Relocation option to "ALL USERS ONLY"....this is very very important. This should allow you to move any team given it is the right time (relocation becomes an option in the regular season about week 4 or 5) though you should be moving an underwhelming team who makes sense for a move like San Diego whose stadium rating is already poor. *****MOST IMPORTANTLY***** Even if you don't plan on moving a team yourself, "All Users Only" will effectively prevent the CPU from relocating teams at their own free will, which they will do if Relocation is simply set to On. You don't want to get immersed in Franchise mode and BOOM next season a historic franchise like Dallas or Chicago is now the Sacramento Redwoods which doesn't make any sense because that would be 5 teams in Cali (assuming you didn't move San Diego yourself) and that is just absurd in addition to a club like that moving in the first place.

These are dark Madden times, times in which we can't customize our relocation fully. I read that this year's options are indeed a copy and paste of the last few seasons. Sorry, gentlemen. If it ends up being anything different I'll have an orgasm upon the game's release which would then be my release.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #19
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

I'd really hope at some point they put more effort into the relocation. They could make it really good, and they could start by giving many more option or ability to really customize your own jerseys, colors, and stadiums. As of right now, the options are so boring and generic, whoever actually put these together originally has a creativity rating of 5 (out of 100.)

You should be able to edit and create each end zone, side stands, press boxes, luxury boxes, how large the stadium is, open or closed stadium, type of turf/grass, etc. As for Jerseys, I'd like to see them get away from only giving us the option to select pre made jersey templates and colors, and be able to edit, select, customize our jerseys down to the very last detail. They should take a page from Konami in that regard and see how they allow you to edit and customize jerseys in PES. Do that, give it some steroids, and you have gold.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I'd really hope at some point they put more effort into the relocation. They could make it really good, and they could start by giving many more option or ability to really customize your own jerseys, colors, and stadiums. As of right now, the options are so boring and generic, whoever actually put these together originally has a creativity rating of 5 (out of 100.)

You should be able to edit and create each end zone, side stands, press boxes, luxury boxes, how large the stadium is, open or closed stadium, type of turf/grass, etc. As for Jerseys, I'd like to see them get away from only giving us the option to select pre made jersey templates and colors, and be able to edit, select, customize our jerseys down to the very last detail. They should take a page from Konami in that regard and see how they allow you to edit and customize jerseys in PES. Do that, give it some steroids, and you have gold.
Madden used to have these features. In fact you could completely customize all of these things and more with team relocation and had awesome options like Vancouver, Honolulu, Las Vegas and Anchorage. but that all stopped in 2013 when they started this Connected Franchise crap.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:47 AM   #21
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatwaffles
These are dark Madden times, times in which we can't customize our relocation fully. I read that this year's options are indeed a copy and paste of the last few seasons.
Madden 17 seem to be doing a lot of things really great this year, too bad relocation still needs more work.

TBH I think the options for customization and relocation options in Madden have been whittled down since 2006 I believe? I remembered they did a big thing about relocation being back with CFM and it was.. not good.

Put the Teambuilder in already will ya?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 AM   #22
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23

Looman did them all. He was very proud.

What's worse is that you have to pick one uniform out of 3 options, and then after you choose that you choose from one of 3 "styles" within that option, and are then locked in to those choices forever.

Why not let us use all 3 styles and mix and match them, like other teams can?

That has always been a head scratcher for me.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #23
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Looman did them all. He was very proud.

What's worse is that you have to pick one uniform out of 3 options, and then after you choose that you choose from one of 3 "styles" within that option, and are then locked in to those choices forever.

Why not let us use all 3 styles and mix and match them, like other teams can?

That has always been a head scratcher for me.
Yeah, I remember Looman being happy with it. SMH

And I agree. Every time I'd relocate, I thought why in the world can't I just use all the uniforms you have here just like we're able to with other teams uniforms?

Regardless, they are all pretty poor IMO, aside form some that do look pretty good, but the over all detail, and authentic feeling you get from NFL uniforms these days was severely lacking.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #24
Rookie

Relocation needs some desperate TLC. Or give us more control like Team Builder did with importing your own graphics and logo.

If I relocate a team, I always keep the same team name and uniform from the original city. There isn't one Madden created relocation team logo/uniform that looks like it would fit in with the style and vibe of the NFL. Definitely breaks the realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »