Home

Relocation

This is a discussion on Relocation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Relocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernwolf
Madden 17 seem to be doing a lot of things really great this year, too bad relocation still needs more work.

TBH I think the options for customization and relocation options in Madden have been whittled down since 2006 I believe? I remembered they did a big thing about relocation being back with CFM and it was.. not good.

Put the Teambuilder in already will ya?
I could be wrong but I think the last Madden to feature the classic relocation options was in 2011 with the release of Madden 12 but it could have been stripped down a bit from when it was truly great around 2006, 07, 08, etc. But I'm almost certain that Madden 13 was the first to feature the Connected Franchise and had done away with the old regular Franchise Mode which was by default offline only and had lots of sweet relocation options. Gonna say Madden 12 was the final time we saw that in the series. Also back then the Superstar mode still existed and that was pretty neat because you could factor a lot of different things in with your origin story that would determine your skill and intelligence and then you'd have a pro day, etc and would be drafted and you'd just have to play on that team whether you liked it or not, like a real player. It was fun. I wish they'd bring it back. Ultimate Team and playing online are just not worth it to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 09:24 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatwaffles
I could be wrong but I think the last Madden to feature the classic relocation options was in 2011 with the release of Madden 12 but it could have been stripped down a bit from when it was truly great around 2006, 07, 08, etc. But I'm almost certain that Madden 13 was the first to feature the Connected Franchise and had done away with the old regular Franchise Mode which was by default offline only and had lots of sweet relocation options. Gonna say Madden 12 was the final time we saw that in the series. Also back then the Superstar mode still existed and that was pretty neat because you could factor a lot of different things in with your origin story that would determine your skill and intelligence and then you'd have a pro day, etc and would be drafted and you'd just have to play on that team whether you liked it or not, like a real player. It was fun. I wish they'd bring it back. Ultimate Team and playing online are just not worth it to me.

The off field side of madden has still not caught up to the original xbox but it is getting closer.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #27
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Relocation is a great feature, in Madden 08 for PC I relocated Chicago to LV and named them Goldbacks wearing the old school Notre Dame gold/blue uniform.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:09 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Relocation is a great feature, in Madden 08 for PC I relocated Chicago to LV and named them Goldbacks wearing the old school Notre Dame gold/blue uniform.
That sounds bad ***...I wish we could still move teams to Las Vegas.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:21 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
The real problem is the NFL didn't want fans to create BS teams and violate actual NFL uniform policies so they forced EA Sports to change relocation and strip down the options to only NFL-approved presets. That and I guess it was for Connected Franchise since the NFL doesn't want teams called the Boston Buttlickers playing online. Especially since there is already a team of buttlickers who play in Massachusetts.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #30
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The real problem is the NFL didn't want fans to create BS teams and violate actual NFL uniform policies so they forced EA Sports to change relocation and strip down the options to only NFL-approved presets. That and I guess it was for Connected Franchise since the NFL doesn't want teams called the Boston Buttlickers playing online. Especially since there is already a team of buttlickers who play in Massachusetts.
Ah yes. NFL = No Fun League
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 08-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #31
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

Quote:
Well said.
I think last time I really had "full" creative freedom in Madden was back in 06. (its 10 years ago!)
Madden 12, right you are. but by then I felt some of the creative features already were getting messed up.
I remember ( I think it was madden 09) I relocated San Diego to Los Angeles.
Think I called them the Los Angeles Thunder, and gave them unis that were similar to the UCLA Bruins. It was most for giggles, but I played 4 seasons with that team on 09.
It was the worst looking stadium I had ever seen, but the team looked impressive! They wore gold helmets (actually looked like gold) This made their entire uni look bad-a##!!!
I was thrilled when I found I could make similar effects with grey/grey-blue/grey-cyan to give teams metallic helmets that actually looked metallic. It was the best of times. A lot of the gameplay could be waaaay better, but I was very pleased with the teams I relocated.

About the NFL not wanting rude and insensitive names/logos:
I understand that, and I think it is good that they care enough about Madden to have say on what goes.
But hear me out: As a minimum I think the NFL should sit down with EA Sports and have around say 100 names to choose from a list and about 250 logos approved.
Then, Nike could just release the different uni-models you could work with and let you, the player take it from there.

There is room to be restrictive and creative. Give us Uni-nerds something to cheer for! (And dont say Color Rush unis!)

I actually think NHL might be on to something with their create a team returning this year. It might not be perfect, but it beats the Madden relocation options by a long shot.

Madden is the biggest sports game (besides NHL) I look forward to every year. I have to say this seasons game looks really really good.
Next year: give us some proper relocation love!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 11:39 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernwolf
Well said.
I think last time I really had "full" creative freedom in Madden was back in 06. (its 10 years ago!)
Madden 12, right you are. but by then I felt some of the creative features already were getting messed up.
I remember ( I think it was madden 09) I relocated San Diego to Los Angeles.
Think I called them the Los Angeles Thunder, and gave them unis that were similar to the UCLA Bruins. It was most for giggles, but I played 4 seasons with that team on 09.
It was the worst looking stadium I had ever seen, but the team looked impressive! They wore gold helmets (actually looked like gold) This made their entire uni look bad-a##!!!
I was thrilled when I found I could make similar effects with grey/grey-blue/grey-cyan to give teams metallic helmets that actually looked metallic. It was the best of times. A lot of the gameplay could be waaaay better, but I was very pleased with the teams I relocated.

About the NFL not wanting rude and insensitive names/logos:
I understand that, and I think it is good that they care enough about Madden to have say on what goes.
But hear me out: As a minimum I think the NFL should sit down with EA Sports and have around say 100 names to choose from a list and about 250 logos approved.
Then, Nike could just release the different uni-models you could work with and let you, the player take it from there.

There is room to be restrictive and creative. Give us Uni-nerds something to cheer for! (And dont say Color Rush unis!)

I actually think NHL might be on to something with their create a team returning this year. It might not be perfect, but it beats the Madden relocation options by a long shot.

Madden is the biggest sports game (besides NHL) I look forward to every year. I have to say this seasons game looks really really good.
Next year: give us some proper relocation love!
The game is great actually, it's just the whole thing about the team relocation that is just all the same. Fortunately they fixed some of the bugs that were present in last year's game, where some of the road jerseys would not feature the NFL logo at the center of the collar so I do appreciate that as it opens up some other jersey possibilities to me now.

But yeah it's still lacking that old school flair. I read some old Operation Sports articles where guys were complaining about the relocation options back in '09 and I'm like thinking NOOOOO you guys had no idea what you were taking for granted. I even considered buying a refurbished PS3 again so I could revisit the older Maddens and relocate but I quickly remembered that the look of the game and the gameplay features themselves will be archaic and therefore making the greater options not as satisfying when it came down to actually playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »