Home

Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession...

This is a discussion on Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession...

I have been an extremely vocal critic of MUT and the perceived resources it takes away from CFM. This year I finally gave MUT a chance and it's been a breath of fresh air and extremely fun.

To justify my enjoyment of the mode I'll look at a couple factors that have played into my MUT experience.

#1 - EA pushed me into MUT. It's shoved down my throat every second when I turn on the game. I finally gave in and gave it a shot.

#2 - CFM isn't even ready to be played yet in its current state. Our online CFM is on hold while we wait for the patch.

Here is how I have fun with MUT:

#1 -

I realize this is an arcade game and not an NFL simulation. I don't expect real football and I'm not disappointed. I view it as a simple competition vs my opponent. I take nothing personally and expect them to go for it on 4th down and cheese at every opportunity.

#2 - The card system + auction house is fun. I could do without the grinding for coins but it is fun to snipe some cards and buy packs.

In closing, I just want to say that I now understand why some people view this as their #1 mode in Madden. There's a good chance when our online CFM gets rolling I drop MUT completely but it's been a fun ride to this point and I can see myself getting into a yearly routine of playing MUT until the first patch drops and fixes the initial issues.

I do understand the frustration of many gamers on here because I don't view this game as an NFL simulation. Our online CFM will strive to try and make it close to an NFL simulation but at the end of the day it's a video game and it's aimed more so at casuals, in my opinion. Offline just isn't a priority and financially it doesn't make sense for them to focus on CFM as much as I want it. The MUT content put out weekly is crazy and the disparity of perceived resources from MUT to CFM is night and day. MUT is the cash cow...I've faced lineups that were already stacked with 90 OVR players which means these people invested hundreds or $1,000+ into their teams.

P.S. - I played LS and I can't believe it is in the game. I think it's a huge waste of resources and I hated every second of the mode.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession...

Same!

I tinkered with MUT some last year, really enjoyed the FNL draft thing, but once CFM was fixed and kicked in, more or less dropped MUT.

This year, for the same reasons our CFM hasnt started yet and a bunch of us in the league are playing squads and such, making the most of a bad situation, and its fun.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
thanks and I do not touch MUT.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't blame you for not touching it. I'm still in the CFM > everything camp and if they were to eliminate MUT I wouldn't care. The reality is they aren't going to and it's been wildly successful for them.

Just sharing my pathetic story of failing to stay strong.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #5
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Good for you I have never found it and I do not find it fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I thoroughly enjoyed NCAA's version of MUT. I played that on top of dynastymode .
However with how bad Maddens franchise mode has become, I won't even buy the game, let alone give MUT a chance.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I enjoy MUT for the fantasy football aspect of it. And I will continue playing MUT for the fantasy football aspect of it.

I've just been grinding solos while watching netflix, amazon or listening to music. Played some MUT Squads and went on a three game win streak with randoms before we got disconnected.

You honestly don't even NEED to play online games or spend money to enjoy the mode.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I honestly don't even understand it I'm so out of touch. Why are there several versions of the same player? Why can I get a 71 OVR Aaron Rodgers? Shouldn't he always be 98? To me that makes everything meaningless it doesn't really matter who you get you just need the souped up version of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »