Home

Are Draft Classes Overpowered?

This is a discussion on Are Draft Classes Overpowered? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #17
Rookie

El Generico's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are Draft Classes Overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
For 32 man CFMs, I think they are fine. You only get 8-10 seasons in, usually, so you don't have an entire career to develop players after seasons 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't really develop someone after 3-4 seasons anyway. Once a player hits 25+ years old their XP per attribute point sky rockets.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
In general they're ok, but I still argue they create too many low 80's and mid to upper 70's.

When you can draft 4 or 5 guys after year one that will automatically be starters for you next year, that's a bit of a problem.

They are great, however, in terms of not creating an abundance of superstars.

Exactly. I'm drafting 4 or so instant starters every year. I'm one of those that think there should only be 2 or 3 players in nfl with a 95+ rating anyway so that the true superstars really stand out.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Definitely, from my sample. So many 6'5+ WRs. A lot of 6'6 TEs. Many 6'4 corners. These guys are just physical freaks and they're so common.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #20
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

In three separate drafts I have done, I have only drafted 1 80+ guy, and not one guy yet has been Superstar development. I've had a handful of Quick, and the rest Normal, and one Slow dev guy.

These drafts are very well done, and if they spend any time doing anything to them, I'd rather them not change how draft players are randomized (ratings, names, etc) and I'd rather them focus on making the actual draft more intuitive, more options for making mid draft trades, seeing your actual depth chart while on draft screen, etc. Basically just more info as you draft and more options would be great.

Last edited by TheDutchDad; 09-08-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #21
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
In three separate drafts I have done, I have only drafted 1 80+ guy, and not one guy yet has been Superstar development. I've had a handful of Quick, and the rest Normal, and one Slow dev guy.

These drafts are very well done, and if they spend any time doing anything to them, I'd rather them not change how players draft players are randomized (ratings, names, etc) and I'd rather them focus on making the actual draft more intuitive, more options for making mid draft trades, seeing your actual depth chart while on draft screen, etc. Basically just more info as you draft and more options would be great.
Interesting, I only did one test CFM all the way to the draft and I drafted two guys with Superstar dev (1st and 3rd rounders). Wonder if I struck gold and wasted it on a test sim.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #22
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Definitely, from my sample. So many 6'5+ WRs. A lot of 6'6 TEs. Many 6'4 corners. These guys are just physical freaks and they're so common.
Sure, But how many of them can actually perform? How many are just one trick ponies.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #23
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Interesting, I only did one test CFM all the way to the draft and I drafted two guys with Superstar dev (1st and 3rd rounders). Wonder if I struck gold and wasted it on a test sim.
It's actually kinda frustrating seeing how many other have landed superstars haha. Last year I was able to draft Superstar at a better rate than this year so far.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad

These drafts are very well done, and if they spend any time doing anything to them, I'd rather them not change how players draft players are randomized (ratings, names, etc) and I'd rather them focus on making the actual draft more intuitive, more options for making mid draft trades, seeing your actual depth chart while on draft screen, etc. Basically just more info as you draft and more options would be great.
There may not be a lot of 80's But there are too many upper 70's with Quick and superstar development. I'm willing to bet that most that see no problem with it are the same that enjoy having 10+ players on their team with 90+ ratings and building someone like the Browns into super bowl winners in 2 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »