Home

Horrible draft

This is a discussion on Horrible draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Horrible draft

not being able to reliably fill your teams holes in the draft each and every year is extremely refreshing to me as someone who likes the challenge of trying to build a great team. love the new draft classes update. and yes I have seen some horrible classes, even saw the CPU take a 55 OVR guy in the 2nd round one time.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

There was one draft where every MLB was graded at 7th Round or Undrafted except for the one guy who had a 1st Round Grade which was downgraded to a 3rd Round.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #11
Rookie

Couldn't agree more, draft classes should suck on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
not being able to reliably fill your teams holes in the draft each and every year is extremely refreshing to me as someone who likes the challenge of trying to build a great team. love the new draft classes update. and yes I have seen some horrible classes, even saw the CPU take a 55 OVR guy in the 2nd round one time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
i'm still finding scouting too easy to determine who are the better player. i can pretty much get a 70 rated player in every round consistently until the 5th round - even in the 6th & 7th it's more often than not.

carefully studying of the grades, the round they should be picked in and their number grade usually narrows it down too effectively.

i'm still looking for four things from the draft (which is getting better every year):

- random "bust" players
you take someone in the first couple of rounds and at the start of their second season, their OVR plummets.

- players enterting the draft injured
there are players who come into the draft with an injury you know will prevent them from playing (all or part) of their rookie season. you can chose to IR them cos they'll miss the whole season' or you can leave them active cos they'll be back in week. they could be taken at their original draft position or they could fall randomly.

- simply fewer good players
thee are still too many good players in the draft. i'd cut the number coming out with a 70 OVR (and above) by 15% (ish).

- fewer good QB
it seems there are four good QB in every draft. that's too many. most years it should be one or two. occasionally three. once every six or so years, there should be four.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #13
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
- fewer good QB
it seems there are four good QB in every draft. that's too many. most years it should be one or two. occasionally three. once every six or so years, there should be four.
are you making this suggestion pre-tuner or post-tuner? reason I ask is in my sims post-tuner I saw some really weak QB classes. ones where only a few QB even got drafted and the highest was a 70.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21

- fewer good QB

My current class is pre patch and has no QBs. 2nd one I've had like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
are you making this suggestion pre-tuner or post-tuner? reason I ask is in my sims post-tuner I saw some really weak QB classes. ones where only a few QB even got drafted and the highest was a 70.
TBH, i have no idea what the turner is or what it controls. this CFM is the one i started on release day. i've done all the updates/patches etc.

have no idea if the turner has been updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmart14
My current class is pre patch and has no QBs. 2nd one I've had like that.
that's cool. not seen that yet. even if QB aren't top 20 players, there always seems to be a bunch of mid round good QB. even if they are not SS development.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »