Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 01:25 AM   #25
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Fantastic, will definitely use this! Thanks for all the hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 01:27 AM   #26
Banned

Awesome blog ty for the info.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #27
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Glad you found the blog post useful. I wanted to provide some more context around the tool as, while it is useful on its own, you can get way more value from it depending on things like the order in which you scout players and how you approach the draft itself.

Anybody done any drafts with the tool yet? Care to post your results?

I've started a Cleveland Browns franchise where I'm doing sim only and seeing how fast I can turn the browns into a contender using the draft and my tool. Got a QB I reckon could be the first 85 OVR player I've seen, so going to try and trade up to #1 in the draft to take him (somehow got 6 wins in '16 despite a slew of injuries and... y'know, being the browns so might have to give up a fair bit unfortunately).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #28
MVP

So something to think about. I talked with John White in an interview and he said unlike in years past, this year positive draft stories aren't as big of a signal the guy is good as they have been in the past. They intentionally are using it as a bit of a false flag this year.

Not sure how heavily weighted it is in your formula, but something to think about.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:18 PM   #29
Rookie

KrisMarina's Arena

I'm using Open Office and can't get this to open! Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #30
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Glad you found the blog post useful. I wanted to provide some more context around the tool as, while it is useful on its own, you can get way more value from it depending on things like the order in which you scout players and how you approach the draft itself.

Anybody done any drafts with the tool yet? Care to post your results?

I've started a Cleveland Browns franchise where I'm doing sim only and seeing how fast I can turn the browns into a contender using the draft and my tool. Got a QB I reckon could be the first 85 OVR player I've seen, so going to try and trade up to #1 in the draft to take him (somehow got 6 wins in '16 despite a slew of injuries and... y'know, being the browns so might have to give up a fair bit unfortunately).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm kinda close. I think I'm in week 14 of my franchise. I may not be able to post pics but I can tell you how it turns out. Hopefully finish the season Wednesday.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #31
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
So something to think about. I talked with John White in an interview and he said unlike in years past, this year positive draft stories aren't as big of a signal the guy is good as they have been in the past. They intentionally are using it as a bit of a false flag this year.

Not sure how heavily weighted it is in your formula, but something to think about.
Interesting insight, thank you. It's not weighted at all heavily, just gives a +1 boost to the true OVR value.

But I'll build a differentiation between a positive and negative draft story into the next version I think. Thanks for the input!

RE Open Office, I'm not familiar with how it works TBH or what the differences between Excel and it are. I googled quickly and can see that things like vlookups have a different formula syntax in OO, which would definitely mess things up as the tool uses a lot of lookups. What exactly isn't working properly in Open Office?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #32
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I read your blog post and am really blown away at the work and maths that went into this. Very impressive.

One quick question for you -- have you identified or looked for anything that correlates with the development trait? Obviously most people are interested in plucking the "quick" and "superstars" but I just drafted a 78 OVR DB in my recent draft that had "slow" development. Any idea how to identify those players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »