Home

Fullbacks/Lineman Refusing To Block

This is a discussion on Fullbacks/Lineman Refusing To Block within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #9
Rookie

wutthedeuce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fullbacks/Lineman Refusing To Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I've had the same exact thing happen. People will most likely come in and say it's due to low run blocking and awareness.

As for the fumble, if that was Bells only fumble for the season then that's fine. Just unfortunate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
If the defender made a play and cleared Burton out I wouldn't mind it at all. But he just never hits him.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not sure what mode the OP is playing, but I play against the CPU on All Madden and this appears to be intentional behavior apparently as a handicap to the user.

The CPU run blockers instantly warp to my defensive players and stick to them like glue. Then when I run a sweep or Power O, the fullback and guard just float around like hot air balloons, refusing to block defenders and blocking me from running lanes.

Ratings don't seem to matter either, the same thing seems to happen with 90 rated blockers as with 70 rated ones.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #11
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

In past Madden's upping the RBK Slider was at least a temporary fix. Definitely saw fewer missed assignments.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Burton's assignment was the safety, and he ran around the LB to get to him. Kinda dumb, but what I've come to expect.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:09 PM   #13
Rookie

Also, if you hit speed boost, that kind of kills all blocking assignments and most of your guys will disengage their blocks or stop attempting to make one.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:50 AM   #14
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
In past Madden's upping the RBK Slider was at least a temporary fix. Definitely saw fewer missed assignments.

U know what's kind of weird? I played around with RBK slider on multiple versions of madden. And, the last few years, I actually found that when I lowered RBK, that somehow the FB, specifically, really seemed to target the 'nearest threat' instead of the 'pre-snap threat'. I found it to hover around 20-25. I had it working in M17 on all-pro at 23, I believe. But, one of the updates seemed to break this. ☹️. Lol. It seemed like a combo of 2 things to me. 1. Pre-snap blocking assignment felt like it was sort of turned off or something at a low RBK. 2. I noticed A LOT of impact blocks at this low setting as well. And, as wonderful as it looked to see my FB cutting the legs out from under LBs, it was sort of overpowering. And, my Oline on screens were AWESOME!!! They would annihilate safeties, again, with straight up chop blocks. Lol. But, after the latest patch, I couldn't find a sweet spot for the RBK, anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2016, 03:03 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Also, if you hit speed boost, that kind of kills all blocking assignments and most of your guys will disengage their blocks or stop attempting to make one.
Exactly. I only encounter this issue when I hit speed burst. It is almost as if the lead blocker says "we are turboing? Then let me run down field also to block that last defender"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 08:05 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Exactly. I only encounter this issue when I hit speed burst. It is almost as if the lead blocker says "we are turboing? Then let me run down field also to block that last defender"
While speed burst does make your blockers abandon blocking it is not the only time pulling guards and fullbacks run right past defenders. Many times I am taking my time staying behind my blocker and he runs right past the defender. Impact block and awareness help but do not get rid of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »