Home

Game Informer lists Madden 18 on PC at E3

This is a discussion on Game Informer lists Madden 18 on PC at E3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #25
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Game Informer lists Madden 18 on PC at E3

i'd love to be wrong about it, but i just can't see any chance that it's coming to pc. even with the engine change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Rumor pops up every year. I'd be shocked if true. EA/Tiburon ain't making dreams come true, lol......

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #27
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Game Informer lists Madden 18 on PC at E3

I'll believe it when I see it.

Frankly, without a roster editor, and the other utilities we have for '08, it just wouldn't mean much to me anyway. Not short term.

.. I think release on pc is inevitable at some point with all the cross-platform ability MS is aiming for. I just don't think this is the year though. I think they'd already be marketing this to an audience they have ignored for nearly a decade now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 06-07-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #28
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Could this be one of the possible reasons? If you ever did an updated Madden, all your frustrated CFM users might buy it once and mod it and never be forced to buy the yearly update again so you lose revenue.

I would put more money on just there not being the resources to commit to the task when they expect low profit and therefore no returns for the effort.

There are so many ways around this.

Sell pc-exclusive roster updates. They're masters of selling online content.

Keep improving the game. Who stuck with Madden 2002 after 2004 or 2005 came out? If the game is cutting edge, nobody will stick with an old version.

Or do what they've done with The Show. You can't export certain (I'm assuming, licensed) players to a roster. So essentially you can't simply repackage an MLB roster. Surely EA is capable of the same thing.

.. and EA not 'having' resources? C'mon! They're CHOOSING not to INVEST the resources. They have their reasons, and that's their right, but cost is not the obstacle.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #29
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
There are so many ways around this.

Sell pc-exclusive roster updates. They're masters of selling online content.

Keep improving the game. Who stuck with Madden 2002 after 2004 or 2005 came out? If the game is cutting edge, nobody will stick with an old version.

Or do what they've done with The Show. You can't export certain (I'm assuming, licensed) players to a roster. So essentially you can't simply repackage an MLB roster. Surely EA is capable of the same thing.

.. and EA not 'having' resources? C'mon! They're CHOOSING not to INVEST the resources. They have their reasons, and that's their right, but cost is not the obstacle.

Yeah the frostbyte engine has been around for a LONG time and runs really well on the PC. It would not take many, if any resources to port it over to PC.

But really, these guys give two ****s about the PC. They are all about competitive gaming scene, ESports, and you just dont see games like this on the PC being in competitions.

NOW, you can play some games on your PC through your Xbox. But its just streaming as of now I think.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #30
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

well lets all just do a wait and see approach this time, i mean the devs visit this forum, they know this is something a lot of us have wanted for quite some time now, fifa runs very well on pc, i dont see why madden couldn't, so e3 is this weekend, if it is on pc i'd think we'd know by then if it is or not.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with the consensus that this is likely a mistake by GI.

But, it could be a way for EA to get more Origin users. While it does not have the international reach of a FIFA title, it sells a ton in the USA and would help get additional people using Origin.

And yeah, my XB1 would be sold instantly if this rumor is true, since I only play FIFA, NBA and WWE 2k on PC anymore as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #32
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent
I agree with the consensus that this is likely a mistake by GI.

But, it could be a way for EA to get more Origin users. While it does not have the international reach of a FIFA title, it sells a ton in the USA and would help get additional people using Origin.

And yeah, my XB1 would be sold instantly if this rumor is true, since I only play FIFA, NBA and WWE 2k on PC anymore as well.
Yep I have a Xbone for Madden. Thats it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »