Home

Every Madden 18 Player Rating

This is a discussion on Every Madden 18 Player Rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #9
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Every Madden 18 Player Rating

Love how EA nerfed King. We finally draft someone who should be a Madden stud, yet EA is like NOPE take this 83 agility and like it. Even though he had one of the top 3 cone drills at the combine. I can live with him only being 91 spd, but when he should have 95 agility, yet is given 83, that's where they lost me, we also have a 6th round pick and an UDFA with a higher OVR than King ROFL. Not to mention Ha Ha is criminally underrated. He should be no lower than a 88, with ZCV around a 90. Being a 82 with 79 zone is laughable. Another Madden, another year of anti-Packers bias on their part.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #10
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

John Ross....98 SPD....

Really?????
Old 07-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

These ratings categories are interesting for the OL. I see Run Block, Pass Block, then later I see Run Block S, Run Block F; Pass Block S and Pass Block F.

I'd like to hear what all of this means? How it plays out vs a defender? What's happening when a guy gets beat so on and so forth. I noticed this because when I initially looked at Richie Incognito I noticed his run and pass block were low for him. 83 run block and 88 pass block. But then I kept going and noticed Run Block S was 91 and Run Block F was 82.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 10:55 AM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Love how EA nerfed King. We finally draft someone who should be a Madden stud, yet EA is like NOPE take this 83 agility and like it. Even though he had one of the top 3 cone drills at the combine. I can live with him only being 91 spd, but when he should have 95 agility, yet is given 83, that's where they lost me, we also have a 6th round pick and an UDFA with a higher OVR than King ROFL. Not to mention Ha Ha is criminally underrated. He should be no lower than a 88, with ZCV around a 90. Being a 82 with 79 zone is laughable. Another Madden, another year of anti-Packers bias on their part.
I was amazed that Burnett got a higher rating, at least in OVR, than Clinton-Dix. There is already talk that Morgan Burnett won't be on the Packers after this year; though the Pack have a tendency to cut older players to save money. Apparently Ted Thompson thinks the NFL is about maintaining the largest available salary cap space.

Luckily each week offers the opportunity for ratings changes; I hope to see CB King rise up quick. As a Wisconsin fan too, I hope to see LB Vince Biegel rocket up in rating value.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I was amazed that Burnett got a higher rating, at least in OVR, than Clinton-Dix. There is already talk that Morgan Burnett won't be on the Packers after this year; though the Pack have a tendency to cut older players to save money. Apparently Ted Thompson thinks the NFL is about maintaining the largest available salary cap space.

Luckily each week offers the opportunity for ratings changes; I hope to see CB King rise up quick. As a Wisconsin fan too, I hope to see LB Vince Biegel rocket up in rating value.
They rarely increase athletic ratings in season.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #14
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
These ratings categories are interesting for the OL. I see Run Block, Pass Block, then later I see Run Block S, Run Block F; Pass Block S and Pass Block F.

I'd like to hear what all of this means? How it plays out vs a defender? What's happening when a guy gets beat so on and so forth. I noticed this because when I initially looked at Richie Incognito I noticed his run and pass block were low for him. 83 run block and 88 pass block. But then I kept going and noticed Run Block S was 91 and Run Block F was 82.
These are hangovers from a bygone Madden era, in M09 there were mini games that let you upgrade the OL/TE/FB Run Block Strength (the bulldozer weapon) and Pass Block Footwork (the shield weapon). They're still included but become hidden as soon as you import the roster into CFM.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #15
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Also, although only an indication, it's a shame not to see special teams, long-snapping or injury breakdown ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #16
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

72 players 90 or above

399 players 80-89

842 players 70-79

1027 players 69 or below including 93 players 59 or below.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »