Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Team Managers

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Team Managers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 12:50 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Team Managers

1. More advanced scouting and drafting- Similar to EA FIFA scouting hiring better scouts reveals better details on prospects- and it costs more to send them to better college's. Ie if my Front 7 is a major weak point, I shell out a fortune for the best d-line and linebacker scouts and pay top dollar to send them to Alabama.

2. More Draft names- Having first and Last names for rookies commentated is crucial for deep CFM mode. I will want to watch Super Bowl 60 if the commentators spoke the names of the star QB etc.

3. Add player work ethic/character traits for rookies and make the trait progress or regress depending on certain factors. Let me draft that RB with low work ethic and low character but is an 80 Ovr in the 4th round, and watch to see if his attitude changes depending on how his confidence is and how well he plays on the field.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 AM   #18
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

My Top 5...
  1. Editable Draft Classes. The ability to create and edit draft classes bridges the gap between CFM being based on fantasy after year 1 and reality, based on reasonable expectations from incoming rookie players.
  2. Assistant Coaches. I can't tell you enough how important it is that coordinators be part of Madden. The broad development of a franchise is often based on the tone set by coordinators and their staffs, not just the head coach.
  3. Realistic Contracts. There is still a divide between what football fans experience through contract analysis and what Madden offers. It's hard to judge how effective a GM you're being if you can't renegotiate the details of a contract.
  4. A better coach editor. Once a coach is created, there isn't much to do but proceed. How about adding a coach editor that has a real impact on the evolution of a franchise?
  5. A sports show. One area that is lacking is the presentation of league scores, standings, and news. I'd like there to be an NFL "show" that breaks down the league a lot more effectively than the current offering.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #19
Banned

thouse34's Arena

Basically it's time to take a look at 2k and the show and see what they're doing better and how we can incorporate some of that in here.

1. Custom draft classes. My favorite part of 2k. Pretty self explanatory. Adds so much more realism if we can get another 3-4 years of realistic drafted players.

2. Like other have said get rid of overall. Maybe have a "hardcore" option. Playing time should be based on stats and performance not overall.

3. A weekly show of some sort. We had it in madden 05. The show has a radio show, sometimes I feel disconnected from the league and hate that I have to go do my own digging. If aj green had a 250 yard receiving week I want to hear about it!

4. Like others have said draft names. Take a look at 2k and the show, they both have a long list of names in the game you can pick from. Just make the players names come from that pool.

5. Much better stats tracking. If I'm looking at awards for the year I should be able to see all the stats right there, not just overall and their bull**** legacy score.

If they could fix a few of these things cfm would be an A+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #20
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Some great things to add above.

Position coaches is needed and for them to be able let me know if they like a draft option or free agent to fit there scheme.

Ability to change uniform without re-locating. Why can't like many teams change there uniform as they do every so often like Buccs and Patriots have changed colour so it would be good to freshen your franchise with a new kit very 2-3 seasons.

Love the option from head coach of play book knowledge being a major factor. Why should I bring in a QB from a west coast offence into my run n gun and he is still 90 rated QB imediatly? He may become a 90 as he was but he may not depending on training and pre season. He in rel love may only ever get to be a 75 for e.g.

QBs that actually scramble in auto pass or cpu vs cpu games.

Also love the hidden ovr again my position coach could let me know there opinion ie coach opinion is Thomas is a better LG than Walker as he is slightly faster and alot stronger.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

1 - Compensatory draft picks. Self-explanatory addition which will fundamentally change the way franchise players approach contract negotiations with the players on their roster with expiring contracts.

2 - Expanded player traits aka "badges". Not player roles from the old games which were very generic, I want players to have specialized situational characteristics which they become known for. The only such thing in the game right now is "Clutch", which gives players ratings boosts in late-game situations in close games. Let's see things like receivers who make their money converting third downs like Jason Witten, running backs who are only at their best with a lead blocker in front of them like DeMarco Murray or Leonard Fournette, rookie QBs from spread offenses in college who struggle from under center but can manage well enough from shotgun, and so on.

3 - Expanded coaching staffs. At the very least, an offensive and defensive coordinator to influence the growth of the players on my team and how my team should approach game day.

4 - True-to-life NFL contract mechanics. I'm grouping a few of things in here - fifth-year options for first-round rookies, exclusive-rights free agents, and restricted free agents.

5 - Analytics and advanced stats as a supplemental player evaluation tool. For example, ESPN Total QBR, WPA, and EPA (as developed by Brian Burke, now at ESPN), and also Approximate Value (from Pro-Football-Reference).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 01:16 PM   #22
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Top 5 CFM Features:

1. CPU AI decisions and default gameplay: - I know this is more about gameplay, but really effects us in CFM against CPU teams. Work on legacy issues: QB AI decisions, cpu team playcalling especially situational. fatigue and penalties actually working on default.
2. Full presentation package: halftime show, weekly, draft, offseason activities, playoffs. More immersion. ESPN or NFL Network integration, love to see a Red Zone type highlight show for other games.
3. Total customization: players, coaches, draft classes, uniform, stadiums, etc. Biggest would be allowing us 1 man CFM offline to customize all cpu teams as well without doing workarounds or 32 team control.
4. Coaching staffs: Introduce coaching staffs that are living and ever changing. Such as top assistant after great year goes for head coaching gig, so will you bring someone in with similiar style, or someone different that could effect the team on that side of the ball. Allow us to start as a assistant coach and try working our way up the ranks.
5. Player and Coach development – NBA lives 18 system for player and coach development. Traits and Skills. Would feel like our decisions would more directly effect performance on the field. Our decisions more directly effect play and coaching in game.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 18 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
Old 08-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #23
MVP

One last bump here to try and get anyone else who may have missed this thread before I start compiling data for John.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #24
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

A bit late to the party. Too late? Hope not.

1. Scouting based on in-game simulated college games and stats giving you the ability to track players during their college years until they declare and enter the rookie draft. Get rid of the current arcadey, unrealistic scouting system and let scouts report back on what they see in college games you send them to. A scouting report should be an evaluation in text form and they should have a lot of knowledge on positions you've focused on but should still have some details on late round picks and positions you haven't focused on.

2. Training camp. Hide certain, if not all, attributes and make training camp and preseason actually matter. It's a big part of the NFL season for a lot of fans (thousands attend training camps every year) so it should definitely be in the game IMO. Training camp stories of breakout players would add a lot to the immersion.

3. Half time evaluation; a quick report on your opponents tendencies, what formations, plays they've run with success, what's been working for your team etc. Possibility to make adjustments to your gameplan based on the half time report.

4. Relocation; more cities to choose from and more balance among the cities so that even if you choose a small market it's still a viable option. Give us a long list of team names and logos to choose from (if you're afraid of people using offensive names/logos) and let us pick any of them for any city. Let us design our own jerseys, including an alternate jersey, and give us the option to customize it in between seasons. Basically, look at what NHL has done this year.

5. Anything that increases immersion and makes the experience more enjoyable. More stats, more storylines that aren't hidden away, faster menus that aren't frustrating to work with. A bigger coaching staff with a bigger impact on player development, game plan, attracting free agents, rookie knowledge etc. Also would like to see the player XP system scrapped - it's highly unrealistic and a boring task and was something FIFA scrapped 9 games ago...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »