Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now -Patch Notes

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now -Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now -Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Exactly! I think testing in franchise mode makes sense if playing in franchise mode. If you want to play 'Play Now' games, test in 'Play Now'. If you want to play your games in 'Practice Mode', test in 'Practice mode'.

A good scientific approach means eliminating variables. That is all this really is....
This is my sentiment exactly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is my sentiment exactly!
Same. Although I feel like I should point out that when I test things out in practice mode, it's because I noticed a problem elsewhere. To use an example, there was that thing 1 or 2 years ago where a patch messed up the QB accuracy to where even putting the slider at 0 had no effect. I noticed that in regular gameplay (it's pretty obvious when completion percentages skyrocket at a low accuracy setting) and went to confirm it in practice mode. There, I could control the variables that go into determining whether a pass is going to be accurate or not (most notably, the ability to turn the defense on or off because the rush does affect accuracy sometimes). When that even shows up in practice mode, there's a problem somewhere.

That's why I tend to shy away from the whole "penalties affect gameplay" theory - because there's a multitude of different factors that influence every single play and there's no way to reliably know what causes certain things to happen. Did your LT lose a block to a lower rated DE and allow a sack because you lowered pass blocking to 20 or changed the holding slider, or was it because he just simply lost a ratings dice roll that should have favored him? Or was he tired (and how tired was he)? Were the DE's abilities increased with a consistency-fueled ratings boost and that's why he won? We can't "know" any of that - all we see is what happened on the screen.

That point, incidentally, is why I tend to trust the devs word above most others - because unless they don't know how their own game works, they DO "know" what causes certain outcomes. Clint Oldenburg in particular has been constantly dropping nuggets of how various ratings interact with each other on his twitter, and I find that very informative.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-05-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:43 PM   #83
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Hmmmmm...

Not happy with this update at all.

AI QB play seems to have gotten nerfed in the WRONG direction even more.

Just finished a game against Matt Ryan. He repeatedly ignored WIDE open receivers in favor of taking stupid sacks.

That in addition to less accuracy on the run led to the Falcons offense being a complete non factor in the game.

Ugh.

This wasn't happening prior to this patch. Every game against the CPU was a fun challenge for me on All-Pro. Had realistic sacks, stats, and gameplay from the AI QB's.

Going to make some tweaks and have at it again...but so far...not looking good.

UPDATE: OK one simply tweak I made: switching Matt Ryan from FORCE PASSES: BALANCED to CONSERVATIVE. I remember Josh saying these attributes were flipped...but I actually had better results on balanced. Now after shifting to Conservative...seeing much better gameplay from the AI.
That is unacceptable. If it's reversed, why don't they get it reversed? Why must we have to figure this out and do it on our own?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #84
Rookie

Wick71's Arena

Bluff blitz changed to Hard Flat? Interetsing.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #85
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Been hearing people say playing on All-Madden (Sim) has been a game changer/game saver as far as OFFLINE play so Im about to give it a try...last chance for madden 18 to impress me. I'll report back with how I feel about it after I try All-Madden difficulty.

EDIT:
Raiders(user) vs. Dolphins(cpu) in a play now live game, trying out all-madden difficulty and after one quarter im down 7-0, I got sacked once in the 1st, need to get more pressure on Jay Cutler...must admit after only 1 quarter the game does seem to play better on all-madden (Sim)...stay tuned, I'll try to give a quarter by quarter analysis.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

Last edited by Koosa1027; 11-05-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #86
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

I don't know, if you still have the game, I'd give it another try with another title update that is suppose to more feature rich near Thanksgiving.

Also, see the above discussion regarding testing in CFM vs Play Now.

Just a few suggestions passing along.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #87
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know, if you still have the game, I'd give it another try with another title update that is suppose to more feature rich near Thanksgiving.

Also, see the above discussion regarding testing in CFM vs Play Now.

Just a few suggestions passing along.
I quit my play now live game and started a test run in cfm, slipped my mind before I started playing on all-madden...trying the same matchup though, raiders(user) vs Dolphins(cpu) and all-madden is playing a pretty good game of football for me right now. Do you play on default or have you adjusted sliders??

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 11-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #88
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
I quit my play now live game and started a test run in cfm, slipped my mind before I started playing on all-madden...trying the same matchup though, raiders(user) vs Dolphins(cpu) and all-madden is playing a pretty good game of football for me right now. Do you play on default or have you adjusted sliders??

Mostly default and I am a disciple of JoshC's slider set.(allpro)

Your stick stills might be better than mine because I know you play HOF with the other game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »