Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now -Patch Notes

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now -Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #25
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now -Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
hoping this would fix the excessive pancaking of the cpu.....but its still there

dang why did they have to screw that up....I had just about made my peace with this game and the CPU QB play.
I still have only had this happen in one game I have played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #26
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Road appreciate ur optimism but I’m not holding my breath..QB pocket awareness for CPU has been a known issue for 2 titles now (17-18)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
To be honest I don't think they know how to fix it. But in my opinion I still think this game is solid and am glad I bought it. To each there own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-03-2017, 09:03 PM   #27
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
*sighs* When will QBs be made LESS accurate? Tune better accuracy due to user feedback.....next patch or game, tuned better accuracy

So, will accuracy be tuned to decrease when in dirty pocket, under pressure,tight coverage etc. - doubt it.
It says competitive game style though. Not sim. So by that I'd think it won't affect sim play style. But then again who knows.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #28
MVP

Players are still walking through other players bodies lying on the field when getting up from tackles and pile ups smh.* Such an immersion killer.* Really wish they would clean up the collision detection & contextual awareness.* It's really holding the game back & makes me not even want to play it.* I'm gonna keep saying this, they had this stuff cleaned up in Madden 16 for the most part so it's not like it can't be done!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #29
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Road appreciate ur optimism but I’m not holding my breath..QB pocket awareness for CPU has been a known issue for 2 titles now (17-18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not sure if you are saying you don't have much hope that a title update is coming for the QB fix or much hope that it will work once it arrives.

I have no clue how it will work once it arrives.
Quote:
I’m sure another patch coming..so what I meant was a fix/solution to CPU QB pocket awareness..check ur PM in a minute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
To be honest I don't think they know how to fix it. But in my opinion I still think this game is solid and am glad I bought it. To each there own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
KickNDaPants‏ @KickNDaPants 3h3 hours ago
More
@ClintOldenburg @RexDEAFootball AI QB’s not scramb past LOS must be bigger than thought and can’t be improved via update/tuner
Quote:
Clint Oldenburg‏
@ClintOldenburg
Following Following @ClintOldenburg
More
Replying to @KickNDaPants @EAMaddenNFL @RexDEAFootball
Stay tuned.
Clint has been intimating for a while now that they've figured some things out on the CPU QB AI front. The question is if it's in an upcoming tuner or the mid/late November patch. Unfortunately many of the OS solo CFM heads will have mostly likely totally moved on from playing Madden by then.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:07 AM   #30
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Huuuuuuu...guess I'll try madden again to see how this patch plays out, I really want to love madden every year but I always get disappointed and thanks to nba 2k amd mlb the show I know AI can be so awesome and lifelike but it seems like madden refuses to give me a somewhat real football experience. If they market it as an arcade football game I would probably feel different but they say year after year that it's a "SIM" football game...really EA???

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 11-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #31
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Seems to play the same to me. Completion percent seems a little higher but i didnt notice anything different good or bad. Same madden. Its a shame they put out an update that didnt improve anything.

We can also look at it that it didnt make things worse so thats good.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 09:25 AM   #32
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Seems to play the same to me. Completion percent seems a little higher but i didnt notice anything different good or bad. Same madden. Its a shame they put out an update that didnt improve anything.

We can also look at it that it didnt make things worse so thats good.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
That has been my biggest fear with patches. Everything has been playing properly for me so far. Enjoying it quite a bit. Fumbles forced/recovered through blocks and on kick/punt returns are a bit buggy when it comes to tracking those stats, but everything else has been great.

Has anyone noticed their punter showing 0 downs played? Maybe it is because I've been carrying a 2nd punter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »