Home

Custom Draft Classes HUGE PROBLEM

This is a discussion on Custom Draft Classes HUGE PROBLEM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Custom Draft Classes HUGE PROBLEM

I just saw a video of the footage for custom draft classes and there must be a patch for competitive online leagues ASAP. Even if you select the "use random class," you still can edit and see the entire class as a commissioner. This is a huge problem for leagues since the commissioner can easily scan the entire draft class without making a single edit. Not sure if the league will be notified if the commissioner even views the class, but this needs to be an on/off setting ASAP. Additionally, they need to make attributes a random range otherwise everyone will be able to know the entire draft class. This is a great foundation for the franchise but there are blatant holes/exploits from the word GO. Anyone else have the game and seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Custom Draft Classes HUGE PROBLEM

It's only an issue if the commish is a rat that would do that..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

[quote=Hova57;2049454061]It's only an issue if the commish is a rat that would do that..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Totally agree, but the temptation will be there to check without any notification to the league. I just can't believe this wasn't thought of during development. I fully expect this to be patched right away.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really hate to be the bearer of the obvious, but go ahead and load up CFM, sim to week 3, click on scout draft, then press the button to edit the class. now, answer the prompt that asks if your sure, elect yes... then back out. go to transactions in league news, read, feel enlightened.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrelms
I really hate to be the bearer of the obvious, but go ahead and load up CFM, sim to week 3, click on scout draft, then press the button to edit the class. now, answer the prompt that asks if your sure, elect yes... then back out. go to transactions in league news, read, feel enlightened.
So you are saying that the league does see that? That's good. The only downside then is not having random attributes based on a range to keep the ratings different for each class. If the draft is downloaded from the community, league members can easily just start a new franchise with that draft and see ratings on their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylin34
So you are saying that the league does see that? That's good. The only downside then is not having random attributes based on a range to keep the ratings different for each class. If the draft is downloaded from the community, league members can easily just start a new franchise with that draft and see ratings on their own.
Yes, you are correct.

However, there are a couple of ways around that, but the only 100% foolproof way to at least be able to know your Commish is a rat, is to use Madden generated draft classes
Old 08-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Lol, that kind of strong reaction without even knowing if EA put some sort of check in place? Some of y'all want to panic just to panic! As someone said previously if the Commish edits or views the draft class there will be a notification under transactions saying as much.

IMO the much bigger issue is someone using a custom draft class then just downloading it in a side CFM to find out all the studs in the draft. It's because of that my league will likely stick to the stock draft classes, or edit the player age post draft so we aren't stuck with a bunch of 24 year old rookies.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #8
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Doc024
Lol, that kind of strong reaction without even knowing if EA put some sort of check in place? Some of y'all want to panic just to panic! As someone said previously if the Commish edits or views the draft class there will be a notification under transactions saying as much.

IMO the much bigger issue is someone using a custom draft class then just downloading it in a side CFM to find out all the studs in the draft. It's because of that my league will likely stick to the stock draft classes, or edit the player age post draft so we aren't stuck with a bunch of 24 year old rookies.
Yeah that's exactly what me and my partner what talking about. In order to alleviate that we have suggested giving people the option to contact us and let us know if you plan on using one of our classes for an online leauge and we would alter the class a bit and then immediately delete it or overwrite it so no one can cheat. Maybe other draft class creators will do the same.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »