Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 08-08-2018, 03:02 AM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

I was honestly gonna pitch an article to OS on this. Think I'll save it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

1) coaching carousel - I don't mind if assistant coaches are not legitimate

2) player morale - I want a higher ratef player to be upset if they are benched

3) complete overhaul of player contracts with options, holdouts etc

4) improved CPU logic

5) team styles similar to NBA 2K where teams will be in different stages such as rebuild/win it all etc and act accordingly
Old 08-08-2018, 06:59 AM   #11
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0

1) CPU Team Management Logic Improvement - This is by FAR the #1 thing I would like overhauled in CFM. If they took M19 CFM and did nothing for M20, but tell me that they overhauled the CPU logic I would absolutely still buy the game. Here are a few major things I can think of
  • CPU logic to understand where/how they acquired their current QB and using that to dictate any decisions to "improve" the position (my next Madden research study is going to cover this)
  • Understanding which players are franchise players and have been with the team for a long time and ensuring that they make more of an effort to re-sign them
  • Trade logic in general: including CPU-to-CPU transactions
  • Managing their depth chart to account for development trait and age versus straight up overall comparison

2) Now that we have Scheme Fits and Archetypes I think we are getting closer to adding coordinators. I hope this is true as I would love to see that feature added.

3) Holdouts / Contract Restructuring Options / Yearly Cap Projections (This should be displayed in the contract negotiation screen. New players to the game have no idea how much a 7 yr $100MM contract is going to screw them in yr 7).

4) *Mic Drop* (I am not greedy, those three would make CFM the best ever)

5) *Picks Up Mic* Fine! Can we get SOMETHING adding to CFM relocation to make it more interesting, exciting, or immersive?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

top 5

they read the last 5 annual threads of madden franchise wants - those 5 threads only, its all in there. we are repeating the same exercise again expecting a different outcome.

can we get madden 19 working/patched/updated first. normal copies are available in 2 days and we as a comminity have given up on m19 already?
Old 08-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #13
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
top 5

they read the last 5 annual threads of madden franchise wants - those 5 threads only, its all in there. we are repeating the same exercise again expecting a different outcome.

can we get madden 19 working/patched/updated first. normal copies are available in 2 days and we as a comminity have given up on m19 already?
Not giving up. Just refreshing our list so that EA Devs, EA Game Changers, and any other stakeholders can see which things stick in our minds year-to-year. The CFM updated in Madden 19 are spectacular. Plenty of other positive minded threads out here as well.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #14
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

My top 5, in no specific order:

-Get a name bank back in and make it so broadcasters can say (most) created players names. If I make a QB named John Jones, or Jeff Williams, or whatever, I should hear that and not "big bodied QB". Every other sports game has this. Not having this kills immersion and makes custom classes pointless.

-Overhaul progression so guys can improve off the field. It would be nice to see a practice squad guy climbs the ranks

-Overhaul contracts, at least so I can control the pay for each year of it. I'd love incentives, even if they're check box items (IE RB gets 1000 yards (check) and input the bonus I want to offer for it. 25 TD's (check) and input my offer, etc etc.

-Add some mystery to Free Agency so I don't always know I'm signing a stud. I want potential for a FA bust or a FA godsend without knowing beforehand.

-Get back the ability to design a stadium like back in 04 or so. If I rebuild the Cowboys stadium, I want to make another 80k+ capacity stadium, not downsize. It leaves me with the only option of upgrading it all the time to avoid rebuilding. This goes for any team, I want more capacity, not less. I want to design it like back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
top 5

If we don't keep giving the feedback, then they don't get any direction as to what we want. That creates a self fulfilling prophecy: I won't give feedback because they won't use it and it will always be the same game...then they have no feedback, don't add features, and you complain that nothing is new. It can (shouldn't but can) take years to implement some changes. It sucks, but patience is a virtue.

I'm very excited to get 19, and plan to play it a LOT, but that doesn't mean I don't want to offer some feedback for how to improve when 20 comes around.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-08-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
Pro

Contracts overhaul. This would deepen CFM a ton. It's astonishingly terrible / unrealistic currently.

Name bank for edited rookies names to be said.

Coaching carousel

Deepen FA + scouting

Draft class randomizer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #16
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

1. Assistant Coaches. For the love of God, assistant coaches.

This has been the top 3 in community requests since they scrapped them. The ONLY way to keep the CFM universe deep, dynamic, and to keep the play styles evolving is to add assistant coaches. I don't just want coordinators either--I want to be able to hire position coaches as well. I don't care if the names are all fictional. Just get them in the game.

2. Improved Scouting

Holy moly is the current system awful. Why we ever abandoned the days of being able to scout for specific traits (or, hell, even the written scout's notebook) is beyond me. I'd scrap the current system entirely.

The same goes for league scouting, too. I shouldn't know that the safety I'm looking at signing is a Normal development trait with a 72 rating in zone, 70 in run support and 68 in hybrid with an 85 speed and 80 acceleration. Add a little mystery.

3. Improved CPU GM Logic

Why does Aaron Rodgers always seem to end up being a free agent? Why do teams that don't need QBs still take them in the middle of the first round? The current schemes are a good start, but they're window-dressing compared to where Madden could and should be.

4. Better News Feed

Can I stop getting spammed with blurbs about how the Cowboys worked on Cover 6 in practice this week and it didn't go well? How about a news feed that lets me know Russell Wilson just went down for the season with a fully torn PCL? Why can't I know that the week 13 matchup between the Saints and Falcons is going to have playoff implications? The halftime show in 19 is a decent start, but I still feel next to zero attachment to my CFM league as a whole.

5. More dynamic schemes and progression

I cheated to get the last two major wants in. Why can't I run a 4-3 scheme that desires man-coverage cornerbacks? Why do only possession receivers progress quickly in my zone run west coast scheme?

Why does my rookie backup QB not get any better despite having spent the year working in the NFL and learning from my veteran starter? Why is it that my rookie that starts at a 72 won't ever be more than an 85+ because he'll need to post 5 straight 1,500 yard, 15 TD seasons to progress to it?

Madden 19 was a small step in the right direction. The gameplay has improved, as it should do from year-to-year. It's time to take some MAJOR steps towards taking CFM in the direction it should be going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »