Home

Goaline/inches to go

This is a discussion on Goaline/inches to go within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

OVR: 0
Goaline/inches to go

Just curious what some of your best plays are in short yardage situations I play all madden and we all know the cpu know exactly what youre going to call, so running with my HB is going to fail 9/10. QB sneak doesnt work anymore. Running with my fb is the only thing that seams to work in inches/1 yard to gain, situations.

in the red zone i mainly score on the pass. sometimes I will get lucky and score on a toss but again you literally cant score running up the middle. Slants and play actions is all i really can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Goaline/inches to go

For inches/short I usually do a fullback dive or an iso.

On the goal line, however, running up the gut is impossible. I score maybe 10% of the time with a QB sneak or dive play. My runs are HB power or HB toss, which work a little more often but definitely hit or miss. My go-to inside the 5 is to spread it out. 5 wide in the gun and run sticks. Look for someone to open up run a draw with my QB.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

QB sneak works for me a lot this year. In year past, the QB would automatically dive and sometimes his knee would go down before he got the yardage. This year the QB stands straighter and doesn't dive so I usually get it.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
QB sneak works for me a lot this year. In year past, the QB would automatically dive and sometimes his knee would go down before he got the yardage. This year the QB stands straighter and doesn't dive so I usually get it.
I've been stopped on it more often than I've succeeded. I actually got stuffed twice in a row at like the 1 inch line lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #5
Pro

Yes. I am also interested in knowing what works. Most of the time, my C does not have much interest in blocking the DT. Of course, what's actually happening is suction tackle takes over and the DT just warps to the ball carrier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #6
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

I Tight formation toss that can be flipped or fb dive. Every now and then I throw a slant or roll out/drag but mostly just toss or dive. I play all madden default sliders.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

WR quick is money down on the goaline. Most people stack the middle and it gives you the corner. There is also a fake quick into a dive that is a nice counter when people start spreading to stop the quick.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
MVP

HB Lead Dive/HB Toss out of I-Close, sub your TEs in for the WRs, and maybe a T for the in-line TE to get better blocking. You *must* use push the pile if you want to score on the lead dive. The toss should have a shot at getting to the edge against anything that isn't C2.

Any curl/flat play with a post route. You can high point the post and aggressive catch it, or you can low point the curl. The receiver on the post should be tall, and you may need to smart route it to ensure he doesn't go out of the back of the endzone. It's highly unlikely that the AI will have both covered, and if they do you can take the flat and try to RAC it in.

Advanced - run this to the boundary. You need to be in a formation which allows you to send the HB out on a wheel route to the boundary. Shift protection to the boundary and hot route the outer most receiver to a baby out. Put the HB on a wheel. Roll out to the boundary at the snap and you'll have a very high % low point pass to the out route. Lead the pass toward the pylon.

The above takes a little practice to get down, but once you do it's pretty solid. That set up is not mine - credit goes to the You Tuber Deuce Close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »