Home

Hidden Dev Traits mean nothing???

This is a discussion on Hidden Dev Traits mean nothing??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0
Hidden Dev Traits mean nothing???

Looking at YouTube videos, hiding rookies traits mean nothing! I was really excited to hear that if I'm poop with Haskins he'll be normal dev or if I light it up he'll have a chance to be a superstar w/ X-Factors. But no, nothing happens. EA just playing peel-a-boo with player traits for no damn season smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Hidden Dev Traits mean nothing???

It is completely useless. You can see the players dev at any point in the edit player screen, and when you draft a player they do the flex animation giving away their dev right away. Complete and utter useless feature.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
You can see the players dev at any point in the edit player screen
You could just, y'know, exercise some restraint and not do this. By this same argument, scouting is useless because we can edit draft classes, and player progression is also useless because we can edit player ratings. EA isn't responsible for you ruining your own fun.

I assume the draft selection flex animation thing will be fixed soon, as I agree that that's a dumb oversight.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

From what I understand, when you draft a player and they do their animation (flexing one arm, or two arms) subsequently reveals their dev trait to you.

I heard they're patching it though, which is good news!
Old 08-01-2019, 03:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Even if they don’t fix the flex issue you can easily just look away/close your eyes when you make the pick. After that moment you’ll never be able to see the Dev trait again until you either hit the required snaps or choose to cheat and go to edit player screen.

Not ideal that you have to remember to not look at the flex animation, but it certainly doesn’t break the feature. Still love that you have to try out your rookies to find out if you have a gem or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
Even if they don’t fix the flex issue you can easily just look away/close your eyes when you make the pick. After that moment you’ll never be able to see the Dev trait again until you either hit the required snaps or choose to cheat and go to edit player screen.

Not ideal that you have to remember to not look at the flex animation, but it certainly doesn’t break the feature. Still love that you have to try out your rookies to find out if you have a gem or not.
for single player, sure. For 32 man online leagues its useless.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
Rookie

I think my issue with it right now is that if they are hidden, it seems they are at least a Star player. If they are normal then it shows right away. I've only randomly looked at it though so maybe thats not correct.

I hope they go the NHL sports approach eventually and make you have to play players to get their true ratings/potential. It would make preseason much more important.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #8
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
I think my issue with it right now is that if they are hidden, it seems they are at least a Star player. If they are normal then it shows right away. I've only randomly looked at it though so maybe thats not correct.

I hope they go the NHL sports approach eventually and make you have to play players to get their true ratings/potential. It would make preseason much more important.
Right which is a reason I never understood the point of it from the beginning. You know for a fact they are a higher value player. So its not like you will cut them or not play them.

By hiding normal dev as well it puts some risk in to cutting those 6th and 7th rounders and maybe gets them some play. But you can still just easily cut the scrubs right after the draft.

As the Madden saying goes..... Maybe next year.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »