Home

I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

This is a discussion on I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 12:19 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

I didn't play at all last year, but I'm enjoying this year's game. Just waiting for the roster update so I can get my CFM going.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:14 AM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I quit buying Madden, I think 14 was the last 1 I bought till this yr, and up until that point I had bought Madden every yr since they started making it. I decided after hearing the reviews, and seeing some video of it, that I would give it another chance, and I have been overall pretty happy with it.

Yes, there is some annoying things, like commentary being off, saying its 3rd down when its 4th down, and in Franchise, after you lose the reporter is acting like you won the game. Thse kind of issues shouldnt be there, I aint no game designer, but I have a hard time believing that is hard to fix.

I havent played a game since this lastest patch, so hopefully this stuff has been cleaned up. Outside of the CPU poorly managing the clock at end of half and end of game situations, is really the only major gripe I have with gameplay. I would like to see more defensive pass interference calls being made, as I havent seen too many being called since i bought the game 2 weeks ago. Other than those things, I dont have much to be unhappy about, and Im glad to took the chance and bought the game this yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Which way? Overly positive or negative? I've seen both. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Yeah I should’ve elaborated.

Negative over exaggeration. The subreddit is filled with it.

Sent from my iPhone using the operation sports app
Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #20
Rookie

Madden still has a long ways to go to get where they should be but I think this year has definitely been a step in the right direction. Just hope they keep building on it.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:37 PM   #21
MVP

I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

When people act befuddled at the idea of not having fun with Madden 20, I show them things like this.

Three different defenders being within a foot of the RB and suddenly getting sucked into an animation with a different player.

The things that plague this game are so apparent, but it’s like people are so desperate to accept Madden that they try to look past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
Madden still has a long ways to go to get where they should be but I think this year has definitely been a step in the right direction. Just hope they keep building on it.
EA sports should adopt this as a Madden tag line.
"Madden, a step in the right direction" - every year I hear this .
Old 09-05-2019, 11:52 PM   #23
MVP

Hey Coach, how are we supposed to tell those guys got suctioned into blocks from stills?

This is exactly the sort of exaggeration that someone else was talking about. M20 has by far the least suction of any game in the series.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:05 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
When people act befuddled at the idea of not having fun with Madden 20, I show them things like this.

Three different defenders being within a foot of the RB and suddenly getting sucked into an animation with a different player.

The things that plague this game are so apparent, but it’s like people are so desperate to accept Madden that they try to look past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously, why do you feel the need to go into threads where there’s foot traffic just to rinse-repeat what you’ve made abundantly clear in other threads!!!

To me this is “agenda” posting through and through as you attack folks that aren’t interested in following this crusade you’re on.

Send your clips and gifs to the dev team, but man, some of you got to stop trying to browbeat other posters who aren’t interested in your method of constructive criticism.

“We see the same things”!!!
So you’re not providing any enlightenment with these type of post.

Really....

Back to the OP..., one aspect that is a sleeper to CFM is the OL Abilities.
For the first time, you have to Draft/develop/trade for OL with abilities that fit what you’re trying to accomplish gameplay wise.

I want a mid-to-deep passing game, but need some dudes with Superstar abilities to minimize the Pass Rush, esp those with Superstar Abilities, so those routes have time to develop.

What I’ve found is that these guys are “expensive” (players + draft picks) to trade for.

This coupled with a Receiving RB matched against LB/Safeties can be deadly.
If I can get the time needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »