Home

What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

This is a discussion on What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Mines minute and wouldn’t really add much, but for the love of god can we have players pick up on the ball.

On contested catch knockouts and when the ah gets hit while throwing the ball hits the ground and all the players just stand there. In real like you always pick up the football just to be sure if it gets ruled a turnover you have a clear recovery.
The game is in desperate need of post-play interactions that bring it more to life. It needs more little details like this all around.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #18
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

On contested catch knockouts and when the ah gets hit while throwing the ball hits the ground and all the players just stand there. In real like you always pick up the football just to be sure if it gets ruled a turnover you have a clear recovery.
...and have them run down the field, and keep running as the refs blow the whistle about 15 times. This always makes me giggle IRL.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:08 AM   #19
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0

It's probably not unconventional, but I'd like football (and basketball for that matter) in VR
Old 07-16-2020, 05:25 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

The ability to make mass-edits to player ratings in franchise mode.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #21
Rookie

Maybe not completely unconventional, but the ability to use the generic playbooks in Franchise, while simming games, and having the playcall adjust. I run the RNS in franchise, and it sucks that in order to get my players the proper stats (slot WR should be making most yards, catches, etc) I have to play the games, at least on the offensive side.

Also to be able to create a playbook using the plays from the generic playbooks. I'd like to be able to make a playbook with only RNS plays. I don't want the Air Raid in there. I want Switch, Go, Choice, Slide. I don't 200+ plays in my book just the variations of the listed out of one back, pistol, shotgun (and their spread/trips variations).

Last edited by J.hunt1376; 07-16-2020 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Added second part
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #22
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

All draft picks AND undrafted players signed should have all of their traits hidden.

By working them out in drills, practices, or game time, you can unlock skills. This is the way to make the preseason INSANELY fun and gratifying when you realize “I found a gem”.

It would also be nice if traits unlocked at different speeds. Sometimes NFL Franchises don’t know what they have in a drafted player until year 2 or 3.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:10 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
We all have wishlists. Most of them are filled with the same types of things, deeper franchise features like a new wear and tear system, a weekly recap show, gameplay features like true physics based blocking and tackling, and so much more. Those types of threads have been on OS time and time again.

This is not one of those threads. This is a thread where you can talk about any unconventional things you'd like to see to the game. Don't limit yourself to thinking about how no resources would ever really go towards your idea. Let your mind be free and think of something you'd love to see whether or not other people even cared for the idea.

For me, I think a creation suite for the presentation in the game would be amazing. Imagine being able to create and share different broadcast packages. You could create from scratch score bugs, stat banners, when the banners triggered. You could go as deep as choosing exactly what type of replay angles were used in the package. You could create your own animations for when a team scores, when a record is broken, when anything happens.

If you want to recreate all of the traditional TV broadcasts, you would have that power. You could recreate Fox's broadcast graphics, where the score bug is, what it looks like, how it behaves. You would choose where and how the stat banners appeared. You would choose the triggers. If you wanted a popup on the bug to show the last play's result for every play, you could. If you wanted "BOOM" to pop up on the screen for every TFL because why not, you could.

If you wanted to recreate classic broadcast packages for your custom classic rosters, you could. Your mind would be your limitation. You could pick what pre-play cameras were used per package, what in-play cameras were used, what post-play cameras were used. What happened between breaks, when timeouts were called, when the two-minute warning hit, whatever. If you wanted a banner to pop up showing the RB's stats every 25 yards he gains, go for it. Want banners to never appear, go for it.

EA would have their own library of pre-made assets. Random score bugs, animations, replay wipes, etc, but the user could create anything from scratch they wanted. You could put the score bug in the middle of the screen for kicks and giggles. You could have it moving around like screensavers do when a monitor is asleep, bouncing from corner to corner. You could set up packages to only be for NFC matchups at 1:00. You could create packages for Sunday Night games.

I would absolutely be head over heels in love with a creation suite that did not limit the user at all with what they could create. If you had the brain power and time, the suite would literally allow you to create whatever you wanted. And to top it off, you could share your creations with anyone across platforms, and you can download anyone's packages from any platform.

What kind of unconventional additions do you want?
Adjustable sock stripe height. KC Chiefs wear their sock stripe from the ankle to the knee and any spot in between, some wear more that one set of stripes. It really isn't unconventional addition or is it?
Old 07-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #24
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
All draft picks AND undrafted players signed should have all of their traits hidden.

By working them out in drills, practices, or game time, you can unlock skills. This is the way to make the preseason INSANELY fun and gratifying when you realize “I found a gem”.

It would also be nice if traits unlocked at different speeds. Sometimes NFL Franchises don’t know what they have in a drafted player until year 2 or 3.
I'd like to see all the ratings hidden as well. Realizing that may be a little HC for some....but adding a toggle to "hide traits/ratings -> hide traits -> reveal all" would be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »