Home

What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

This is a discussion on What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

I'm not sure if this counts...but I want a throw meter similar to how Fifa and NBA have a shot meter.

This would account for how accurate or inaccurate your QB throws the ball. This could mean, if you're off on your meter, the ball may sail just a bit over the WR head, in front of him, and just be slightly off-target. Depending on how far off you are, the pass still may be catchable...but you may miss out on some YAC, because the WR may have to stretch out for it causing him to stumble, dive for it, or whatever the outcome may be.

I'm not 100% sure about how it would be implemented, especially with how the different passing options are currently represented in the game - But I always thought it would be a cool idea to put that kind of control in your hands, instead of just a random dice roll, where the ball just sails for no reason into a DB's hands for an INT..

Based on ratings, the meter can have a set marginalized room for error. For example, if you have a 99 rated accurate QB, the "sweet spot" will be bigger for less room for error, than if you have an accuracy rating in the 60's...or if a QB has a throwing accuracy (S, M, D) of a rating, it is only respected if you're perfect on the meter, but if the pass is not "perfect" an accuracy penalty will incur depending on how off you're from hitting the perfect pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 03:54 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
I'm not sure if this counts...but I want a throw meter similar to how Fifa and NBA have a shot meter.

This would account for how accurate or inaccurate your QB throws the ball. This could mean, if you're off on your meter, the ball may sail just a bit over the WR head, in front of him, and just be slightly off-target. Depending on how far off you are, the pass still may be catchable...but you may miss out on some YAC, because the WR may have to stretch out for it causing him to stumble, dive for it, or whatever the outcome may be.

I'm not 100% sure about how it would be implemented, especially with how the different passing options are currently represented in the game - But I always thought it would be a cool idea to put that kind of control in your hands, instead of just a random dice roll, where the ball just sails for no reason into a DB's hands for an INT..

Based on ratings, the meter can have a set marginalized room for error. For example, if you have a 99 rated accurate QB, the "sweet spot" will be bigger for less room for error, than if you have an accuracy rating in the 60's...or if a QB has a throwing accuracy (S, M, D) of a rating, it is only respected if you're perfect on the meter, but if the pass is not "perfect" an accuracy penalty will incur depending on how off you're from hitting the perfect pass.
This would be awesome, if you had enough time to get the ball off. That would be the only issue/complaint I'd have with something like this.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #27
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I would love the ability to fully customize the league setup online and off. Maybe I want to fully reshuffle the league and stick all the bird teams in one division. Maybe I want to have an 8 team league that round robins twice and then has a 2 team championship game. Maybe I want to go back to the pre re-alignment NFL with 30 teams and unbalanced divisions. Maybe I just want to delete the Patriots and Cowboys from my league entirely. Give me those choices. If nothing else, it would be nice to have a smaller online franchise without having to manage 31 other guys or deal with cheesing the AI.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #28
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

My own Avatar I can customize and play in game modes and share on social media.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:00 PM   #29
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

For Franchise:

Instead of advancing each week in stages, I'd prefer a calendar system like NBA 2k has. I think it would be a much nicer way to present an NFL season.

Maybe even have certain tasks only available on certain days. Scouting on Tuesday, Game Prep on Wednesday, Situational practice on Thursday, Free Practice on Friday, etc.

I'm looking for something like this:

The only issue is how this system would function in Online Leagues. I think league advancements could be very tedious to manage.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:17 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

A GM mode.

I never really had any interest in a Owner Mode. I rather do a GM mode. It would require an overhaul of scouting, AI logic, contract system, and draft logic. But it would be cool to hire coaches, hire scouts and assign them to regions, more intensive contract negotiations. Where you can choose to focus on Draft and developing, being good at cap and negotiations, good at hiring coaches.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #31
Pro

Classic/historic stadiums and teams.

A MTO style mode? Not sure if it would be practical considering how short the NFL season is.

Would refs on the field be considered an unconventional feature at this point?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 12:26 AM   #32
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Wouldn't it be cool if this game had a franchise mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »