Home

What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

This is a discussion on What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

We all have wishlists. Most of them are filled with the same types of things, deeper franchise features like a new wear and tear system, a weekly recap show, gameplay features like true physics based blocking and tackling, and so much more. Those types of threads have been on OS time and time again.

This is not one of those threads. This is a thread where you can talk about any unconventional things you'd like to see to the game. Don't limit yourself to thinking about how no resources would ever really go towards your idea. Let your mind be free and think of something you'd love to see whether or not other people even cared for the idea.

For me, I think a creation suite for the presentation in the game would be amazing. Imagine being able to create and share different broadcast packages. You could create from scratch score bugs, stat banners, when the banners triggered. You could go as deep as choosing exactly what type of replay angles were used in the package. You could create your own animations for when a team scores, when a record is broken, when anything happens.

If you want to recreate all of the traditional TV broadcasts, you would have that power. You could recreate Fox's broadcast graphics, where the score bug is, what it looks like, how it behaves. You would choose where and how the stat banners appeared. You would choose the triggers. If you wanted a popup on the bug to show the last play's result for every play, you could. If you wanted "BOOM" to pop up on the screen for every TFL because why not, you could.

If you wanted to recreate classic broadcast packages for your custom classic rosters, you could. Your mind would be your limitation. You could pick what pre-play cameras were used per package, what in-play cameras were used, what post-play cameras were used. What happened between breaks, when timeouts were called, when the two-minute warning hit, whatever. If you wanted a banner to pop up showing the RB's stats every 25 yards he gains, go for it. Want banners to never appear, go for it.

EA would have their own library of pre-made assets. Random score bugs, animations, replay wipes, etc, but the user could create anything from scratch they wanted. You could put the score bug in the middle of the screen for kicks and giggles. You could have it moving around like screensavers do when a monitor is asleep, bouncing from corner to corner. You could set up packages to only be for NFC matchups at 1:00. You could create packages for Sunday Night games.

I would absolutely be head over heels in love with a creation suite that did not limit the user at all with what they could create. If you had the brain power and time, the suite would literally allow you to create whatever you wanted. And to top it off, you could share your creations with anyone across platforms, and you can download anyone's packages from any platform.

What kind of unconventional additions do you want?
__________________
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”


― Plato
canes21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert
 
Scott's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 18,899
Blog Entries: 81
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Comprehensive Injury System
__________________
PSN-ScottSFA
XBL-ScottMettler
SW-5824-9380-2417
Steam-ScottM.816
Scott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
Dungeoneer
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,162
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Cube draft leagues within Madden Ultimate Team, similar to in-person cube draft events in real-world collectible card games such as Magic: The Gathering.
__________________
Christopher Hooe

Last edited by CM Hooe; 07-15-2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:08 PM   #4
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Fantastic idea, canes! Some method of having a retro-inspired broadcast package in the game (either by user creation or from the development team) would be awesome. Having a package that mimicked, say, the 1994 or 2001-2002 NFL on FOX look would be awesome, especially when using classic rosters. I'd also use that creation suite to make packages that mimic local TV pre-season broadcasts.

For me, I want the scoreboard and ribbon boards in stadiums to be used to their full potential. Instead of seeing the team's logo for an entire game, I'd like to see pertinent information displayed on them as well as a live feed of the game from the broadcast angle. Ribbon boards could be used to show the score and information from your game as well as out-of-town scores in Franchise. It'd be even better if Tiburon could put in accurate scoreboard layouts from each stadium (something SDS does for MLB The Show). This could have a huge impact on gameday immersion.

IIRC, Madden 12's video boards had a live feed of the game being played, albeit not from the broadcast angle.
__________________
MLB: San Francisco Giants (Fine, I'll give Kapler a chance), Oakland Athletics
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
NHL: San Jose Sharks
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
Football Championship: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

M18: dmmfranchise Roster For Xbox One
ripcandlestickpark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Console version: Under-the-Hood User Customization gameplay/Logic as with the PC

As Sabo noted in another thread, a lot of the newly dropped M21 gameplay/AI Logic can already be accomplished in M20 already.
- there’s a couple new wrinkles, but most of it is tweaks to the current Logic

Lastly, User Defined Camera settings.
I want a True All-22 Pressbox View that zooms into the action.
Attached Images
File Type: png 90555813-2EDB-4AC8-A86B-E0030F54F724.png (1.70 MB, 192 views)

Last edited by khaliib; 07-14-2020 at 09:14 PM.
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Fantastic idea, canes! Some method of having a retro-inspired broadcast package in the game (either by user creation or from the development team) would be awesome. Having a package that mimicked, say, the 1994 or 2001-2002 NFL on FOX look would be awesome, especially when using classic rosters. I'd also use that creation suite to make packages that mimic local TV pre-season broadcasts.

For me, I want the scoreboard and ribbon boards in stadiums to be used to their full potential. Instead of seeing the team's logo for an entire game, I'd like to see pertinent information displayed on them as well as a live feed of the game from the broadcast angle. Ribbon boards could be used to show the score and information from your game as well as out-of-town scores in Franchise. It'd be even better if Tiburon could put in accurate scoreboard layouts from each stadium (something SDS does for MLB The Show). This could have a huge impact on gameday immersion.

IIRC, Madden 12's video boards had a live feed of the game being played, albeit not from the broadcast angle.
My kind of guy! Those are exactly the kinds of packages I'd love to see with a broadcast creation suite. And finally getting the electronics around the stadium behaving like the real things would be a big step up in the detail and atmosphere department. Simply having real ads in the stadiums on PC makes quite a different to the feeling of the game, having the ribbons, boards, etc. all behaving like the real things would probably have an even bigger impact on making the game feel authentic.
__________________
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”


― Plato
canes21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #7
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
My kind of guy! Those are exactly the kinds of packages I'd love to see with a broadcast creation suite. And finally getting the electronics around the stadium behaving like the real things would be a big step up in the detail and atmosphere department. Simply having real ads in the stadiums on PC makes quite a different to the feeling of the game, having the ribbons, boards, etc. all behaving like the real things would probably have an even bigger impact on making the game feel authentic.
Glad you agree! Having the boards show game information and a live feed would make a huge difference. And having each layout be accurate to the stadium at-hand? Even better.

On the topic of stadiums, I'd also like to see an initiative for adding classic stadiums to the game. Being able to play in Candlestick Park, Texas Stadium, or the pre-renovation version of Soldier Field would be awesome. It'd also be great if Madden could keep recently vacated stadiums in the game. In the context of M21, for instance, it'd be great if they kept the Oakland Coliseum, LA coliseum and Dignity Health Sports Park in the game. Once again, these are things SDS already does. For instance, in MLB The Show 17, Turner Field was kept in the game as “Old Atlanta” after the Braves moved to Truist Park
__________________
MLB: San Francisco Giants (Fine, I'll give Kapler a chance), Oakland Athletics
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
NHL: San Jose Sharks
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
Football Championship: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

M18: dmmfranchise Roster For Xbox One
ripcandlestickpark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
Re: What's an unconventional addition to the game you would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Glad you agree! Having the boards show game information and a live feed would make a huge difference. And having each layout be accurate to the stadium at-hand? Even better.

On the topic of stadiums, I'd also like to see an initiative for adding classic stadiums to the game. Being able to play in Candlestick Park, Texas Stadium, or the pre-renovation version of Soldier Field would be awesome. It'd also be great if Madden could keep recently vacated stadiums in the game. In the context of M21, for instance, it'd be great if they kept the Oakland Coliseum, LA coliseum and Dignity Health Sports Park in the game. Once again, these are things SDS already does. For instance, in MLB The Show 17, Turner Field was kept in the game as “Old Atlanta” after the Braves moved to Truist Park
Old Atlanta is nice, but even as a Braves fan, give me Old Miami in The Show. Something about that stadium gets my heart.
__________________
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”


― Plato
canes21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Top -