Home

Madden 21 Broadcast Cam - A Scorned Camera Awaiting Its Time to Shine

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Broadcast Cam - A Scorned Camera Awaiting Its Time to Shine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2020, 06:11 AM   #33
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing On Broadcast Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
There are some PC mods like the "zoom" cam that create some cool camera angles, and while I commend the peeps playing on the broadcast cam, it really should be better by now. Some mixture of All-22/broadcast cam should exist and change itself around based on the situation and where the ball is/what type of play it is.

Yeah, it's easy enough to argue you can run from the broadcast cam, passing is not as straight forward -- but it should/could be I think with some testing and prototyping.

The game is BEAUTIFUL from broadcast, really I genuinely think that, and so much of the beauty is sucked out of the game playing from behind the QB in the standard view. EA is only hurting itself not trying to find a way to make this work better to me.
It's a beautiful challenge of mastering routes and timing...while also mastering pre-snap reads. In certain coverages the safeties are closer to the line of scrimmage...tipping off the type of coverage. In conjunction, you also have to pre-read whether the corners are pressing. It's a very real life strategy played out in the game. In addition to all this, if I notice press coverage, it alerts me to begin shift WRs OR EVEN RBs in motion (to see if my thinking is correct and to ultimately create an unbalanced alignment to my advantage). That's the cat and mouse beauty of playing with this camera. That's why it will always be my choice of view.

I've taught this to all my relatives and friends and now we all play from this view. They love the art of trying to master all these components.

Last edited by Cam Fan; 08-28-2020 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
So I dont understand, how do you guys do it so you can see more of the field on a pass and make an actually intelligent pass? Is there a mod that works for Madden20 that helps set zoom levels for this camera?
As stated in this thread, my man Ram found a workaround that works great. What you do is, once you call your play, you cycle and click LS twice for player lock. Then before you snap the ball click LS twice again to unlock and the came zooms out. As it begins to slowly zoom back in, let it soon in enough for your liking while still being able to see the entire field and then snap the ball. The cam will stay zoomed out. I'm not even joking when I say it was the most fun I've had playing the game in years. It's a game changer for me and just feels/looks way more natural IMO.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #35
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
It's a beautiful challenge of mastering routes and timing...while also mastering pre-snap reads. In certain coverages the safeties are closer to the line of scrimmage...tipping off the type of coverage. In conjunction, you also have to pre-read whether the corners are pressing. It's a very real life strategy played out in the game. In addition to all this, if I notice press coverage, it alerts me to begin shift WRs OR EVEN RBs in motion (to see if my thinking is correct and to ultimately create an unbalanced alignment to my advantage). That's the cat and mouse beauty of playing with this camera. That's why it will always be my choice of view.

I've taught this to all my relatives and friends and now we all play from this view. They love the art of trying to master all these components.
Yeah, again, I don't disagree with you, I think it changes the gameplay as well. It just should be easier to pull off so it's friendlier for a broader audience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 09:35 PM   #36
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Broadcast cam is what I play on almost every sports games. It just brings out the realism and immersion in the game. If you acclimate yourself to it, you'll find you'll love it and won't ever go back.

Madden 25 I believe had the best Broadcast Cam. It was different. I can't explain it, but if you see gameplay from broadcast cam on Madden 25, you'll notice the difference.

One thing I like to do for offense is for pass plays, i'll aim for the wide receivers on the top of the screen. If you pass to the bottom, you might get intercepted. I only pass to the bottom receivers if my receivers on top aren't open or I can't scramble.

For running, i'll run towards bottom of the screen. When i'm lined up on the hashmarks on the bottom, i'll either pass or run it through the middle according to down and how far.

For defense, i'll play around with the DE on the bottom of the screen for possible run plays (QB under the center). I'll bring in my DBs, crash the LB. For pass plays or shotguns, i'll play either the Safety, DB or MLB closest to the top of the screen.

Madden 25 was definitely the best! I still have a copy just to play that view!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2020, 10:33 PM   #37
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I remember playing Football on the colecovision with the Sports Action Controller. It was the side view similar to broadcast but not 3D. There was a wheel on the one part of the controller you used for distance. Anytime you went deep you just had to hope your guy was open. Same on the intellivision nfl football game. I remember that being the first game I played you could pass on. Same deal. Half the time you couldn’t see your receivers. Broadcast view always looks great just really hard to throw on.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-28-2020, 10:35 PM   #38
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Sorry it was Super Action controller https://www.colecovision.dk/images/superaction.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-29-2020, 12:12 AM   #39
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Thought you guys might like this (private link) Okudah pick on my first ever play using him on broadcast view, All-Madden. Enjoying the offense too. Kick returns are difficult though.

https://youtu.be/jJ4reFClpwA
Old 08-29-2020, 05:48 AM   #40
Rookie

I’ve been playing on broadcast cam and it’s amazing. It makes the game play and look realistic. Looking back I don’t know how I used to play with madden cam as it made the game just look fake and terrible.

If you want a realistic game play try broadcast cam. I got used to it in 1 game and never looked back.

We all want a sports game to look and feel realistic and no matter what sports game you play you should always set the camera to broadcast, just like it is on tv.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »