Home

Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

This is a discussion on Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 04:15 PM   #9
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Weird, I've had a completely different experience in my conversations/feedback with Clint over the years.
Compared to how Ian Cummings and that staffed interacted, when Clint started to be the face of gameplay he was standoffish. I will see if I can locate some messages if they go back that long. Not one to get all mad and discredit his journey to the NFL either. I just know plenty of people who made it to the top of their profession and just because you wear the tab doesn’t mean you arrived and are the pinnacle of excellence. It just means you did enough to show at least/or fool one person into thinking you had the talent to belong. The trick is proving it over and over again. Which is the difference between a successful man in his profession and one that gets bounced out quickly. Just my insight FWIW
Old 08-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #10
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Weird, I've had a completely different experience in my conversations/feedback with Clint over the years.
Similarly over the years I've had twitter interactions with several EA devs including Clint , Dustin , Mike Young and Josh Looman and whilst I havent always received the reply I would have desired they have always been polite and respectful .

I have many issues with the state of Madden but personal attacks on the dev team isn't the remedy
Old 08-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #11
Rookie

Madden is gone end up like nba live in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #12
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

This is quite the landmine of a thread, but it's worth hopping into real quick to say that I think the sim community would be barking up the wrong tree to take shots at Clint as some are doing here and on twitter. He has done a lot for the game and calling out the amount he played in the NFL is a bit of a joke. Many people on OS fancy themselves to know better about how Madden should be made and what the final product should be and I'd wager a fair amount that most of us have never seen a snap at any level of football above high school, let alone the NFL.

We all want the game to be better and the dev team priorities to change but going after specific people isn't the way to do it. This is the trash i expect to see on reddit but not on OS.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #13
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Similarly over the years I've had twitter interactions with several EA devs including Clint , Dustin , Mike Young and Josh Looman and whilst I havent always received the reply I would have desired they have always been polite and respectful .

I have many issues with the state of Madden but personal attacks on the dev team isn't the remedy
Oh I completely agree with not attacking devs. Let’s not confuse the statement I am making. I interact in the same manner as I always had with Ramone Russel and Ian Cummings. All of which had professional candor as the standard. Where Clint rubs me raw is the delivery of his response. It is dismissive and passive. It always has been and when video proof has been submitted, in my dealings it’s always “he knows best about football due to his experience” . You can be rude and detrimental to a team and it’s fan base without being overtly aggressive. Actually, the passive aggressive “Karen” method is the new way of dealing with issues. Lol I have never attacked devs and would not suggest anyone do that. But professional approaches have been attempted with this team and passive dismissal is their solution.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Why is this forum so against dev criticism? The man didnt call clint out his name, talk about his mother, or any of that lol. He just said he dont like how he comes across and hes not impressed by the job hes doing. Nothing wrong with that at all
Old 08-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #15
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't get the concern about Clint's feelings right now. He's not being harassed or doxxed or offensively insulted, which is typically the norm on Twitter. He's being called out for being ****ty towards the negative reception of the game with his name attached to it.

Besides, they CLEARLY have no issues showing contempt for the community, which I thought OS would be most concerned about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #16
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
This is quite the landmine of a thread, but it's worth hopping into real quick to say that I think the sim community would be barking up the wrong tree to take shots at Clint as some are doing here and on twitter. He has done a lot for the game and calling out the amount he played in the NFL is a bit of a joke. Many people on OS fancy themselves to know better about how Madden should be made and what the final product should be and I'd wager a fair amount that most of us have never seen a snap at any level of football above high school, let alone the NFL.

We all want the game to be better and the dev team priorities to change but going after specific people isn't the way to do it. This is the trash i expect to see on reddit but not on OS.
Agreed It's been really going of the rails lately imo & find my self avoiding/visting the forums/site all together. Maybe Its my fault & need to lower my expectations moving forward.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-30-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Nah

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »