Home

Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

This is a discussion on Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

Good. I loved Madden on PS2 (even more than NFL2K). Didn't play the PS3 era but was excited to get back into it for PS4. At first i supported them and was optimistic that they just needed another year to improve. However, it's just the same pattern - minimal effort and integrity to the game as a whole, ignored franchise, glitchy gameplay, and very poor attention to detail. Seeing how they spent the bulk of their time on The Yard this year and again decided to ignore adding some of these features into franchise (mouthpieces, player creation suite, undershirts, new visors) really irritates me.

NBA2k is an absolute masterpiece compared to Madden franchise even with microtransactions. Madden still doesn't have basic features like a morale system, chemistry system, mouthpieces, undershirts, player creation suite, functional trade logic, team creation suite, doesn't track superbowl wins, doesn't track the team you played for, and announcers can't say random rookie generated names if edited... The Madden team deserves every bit of criticism they get...
Old 08-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #18
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

You'd have completely delusional to think even 1/4 of NFL owners give Madden a passing thought.

Not to mention the 1,000,000,000 they just divvied up between them.... without.even.lifting.a.finger.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #19
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
You'd have completely delusional to think even 1/4 of NFL owners give Madden a passing thought.

Not to mention the 1,000,000,000 they just divvied up between them.... without.even.lifting.a.finger.

Im sure you're correct that none of them care about video games per se ..however they DO care about their brand ...or did in 2004 when they initiated the exclusive deal
Also Its entirely possible, if not actually likely they would get more money by licensing more games
Old 08-30-2020, 05:25 PM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I think M21 is much improved, specifically in gameplay and additional animations which have made for a more visually appealing game.

Metacritic had something like 560 negative votes, basically meaningless. Especially when many can be written off as haters.

As for Clint's attitude towards some people. My work dictates I have to interact with a lot of people. People can be real pieces of ..... And I have seen the trash mouths on twitter so I don't blame Clint one bit.

If you don't like something, move on, get a life. Don't stay married to that which you hate and make everyone unhappy.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:32 PM   #21
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I don't get the concern about Clint's feelings right now. He's not being harassed or doxxed or offensively insulted, which is typically the norm on Twitter. He's being called out for being ****ty towards the negative reception of the game with his name attached to it.

Besides, they CLEARLY have no issues showing contempt for the community, which I thought OS would be most concerned about.
I think he left Twitter for quite some time due to harassment previously. But Clint's just not very good at Twitter I don't think. He's easy to have a conversation with in a more personal setting, but yeah, he doesn't do himself many favors on social media.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 05:44 PM   #22
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Not to discredit any posters opinion here at OS, but I’m glad I haven’t bought the game this year. I’m confused how this is a $60 upgrade.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think he left Twitter for quite some time due to harassment previously. But Clint's just not very good at Twitter I don't think. He's easy to have a conversation with in a more personal setting, but yeah, he doesn't do himself many favors on social media.
Yeah, Clint has had some other instances where he's been a bit too snarky for his own good on Twitter. A few weeks ago, for instance, I believe he had a little back and forth with Sports Gamers Online that was a bit of a bad look. IIRC he responded to a GIF poking fun at the notion of a cobbled together #FixMaddenFranchise patch by saying something about being more careful who he grants interviews to or something.

But, for as much we all wish the devs were more transparent and open online, I honestly can't blame some of them for shying away from Twitter, specifically. While I do think a lot of the criticism and scrutiny the series has received as of late is warranted, a lot of the social media flak ain't great to say the least.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 08-30-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Soooooo y'all still got the time and energy to bash dude like y'all did last year????

https://youtu.be/qemmO-h2iFo

Also nah, those guys deserve all the criticism (minus personal threats) they get for doing a copy and paste job yearly

Last edited by ChaseB; 08-30-2020 at 06:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »