Home

CFM Crashing After Slow Sim/Cpu vs cpu Fix

This is a discussion on CFM Crashing After Slow Sim/Cpu vs cpu Fix within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: CFM Crashing After Slow Sim/Cpu vs cpu Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
At this point I feel like EA just don’t give a s**t on out offline CFM players. It looks like the obvious only care about MUT players. How can they ignore such things as this crash issue and the drop back bug too. I know I’ve said this before but it’s just so disheartening.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Dazza, for the backing up bug, for the teams that use field general schemes, change the scheme to something else That doesn’t have the Field General archetype. This seems to fix the back pedaling bug. Also, if you’re on PS4, use Stayodd’s roster.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the tips I’ll give them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-01-2020, 11:58 PM   #83
BTW
Rookie

I've been watching a thread on EA's site for weeks of people complaining about this irritating SlowSim bug, which is occasionally addressed by one of the EA Community Managers and today he posted a big update. Sounds like we'll have to deal with this for quite awhile longer, here's what got posted---

"Hey, everyone.

Just got back from the holidays and was able to track down the progress on this. It looks like they're going to get this address in a future update as they've been able to find out the root cause. With the extensive testing that needs to be done to ensure a fix doesn't cause other things to unexpectedly break, it doesn't look like this is planned for a near upcoming title update though, so we must ask you to bear with us for a bit longer on this. This is painful for me to relay to you as you've already been experiencing this for too long and for some players, more than once as it happened earlier at launch. As a Madden player for decades myself, I know Franchise is a huge mode for the game and in many cases the only one many players dedicate their time into.

I know this news wasn't ideal or what you were expecting, but I want to make sure you are given proper expectations. When we are able to confirm an exact/estimated date, we will let you know here ASAP. I have seen cases in the past where a scheduled fix was pushed up earlier than expected due to the team being able to successfully complete tasks they had on their pipeline earlier than expected, so if there is any changes we'll update you here throughout the month."

Full thread can be found here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...448461/page/36

B
Old 12-02-2020, 01:38 AM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW
I've been watching a thread on EA's site for weeks of people complaining about this irritating SlowSim bug, which is occasionally addressed by one of the EA Community Managers and today he posted a big update. Sounds like we'll have to deal with this for quite awhile longer, here's what got posted---

"Hey, everyone.

Just got back from the holidays and was able to track down the progress on this. It looks like they're going to get this address in a future update as they've been able to find out the root cause. With the extensive testing that needs to be done to ensure a fix doesn't cause other things to unexpectedly break, it doesn't look like this is planned for a near upcoming title update though, so we must ask you to bear with us for a bit longer on this. This is painful for me to relay to you as you've already been experiencing this for too long and for some players, more than once as it happened earlier at launch. As a Madden player for decades myself, I know Franchise is a huge mode for the game and in many cases the only one many players dedicate their time into.

I know this news wasn't ideal or what you were expecting, but I want to make sure you are given proper expectations. When we are able to confirm an exact/estimated date, we will let you know here ASAP. I have seen cases in the past where a scheduled fix was pushed up earlier than expected due to the team being able to successfully complete tasks they had on their pipeline earlier than expected, so if there is any changes we'll update you here throughout the month."

Full thread can be found here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...448461/page/36

B
Thanks for sharing this. At least they acknowledged it and there is a workaround, no matter how aggravating the workaround is.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #85
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Sorry redundant post.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-02-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #86
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

How do you disconnect from the internet?

Is this the fix?

1. Run your game as you normally would. Either slow sim or play important moments
2. When you get to the final play or two in the 4th quarter, press the PS button that takes you to the home screen.
3. Hit "options" button and select close application
4. Reopen Madden and head straight for your franchise. It will ask if you want to resume, select resume.
5. Finish the last play or two on normal or fast speed sim OR play the last play or two. Do NOT run another play on slow sim.
6. The game will finish and all your stats and results will save. The only catch is it tricks the CPU to thinking all your points were scored in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-02-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
How do you disconnect from the internet?

Is this the fix?

1. Run your game as you normally would. Either slow sim or play important moments
2. When you get to the final play or two in the 4th quarter, press the PS button that takes you to the home screen.
3. Hit "options" button and select close application
4. Reopen Madden and head straight for your franchise. It will ask if you want to resume, select resume.
5. Finish the last play or two on normal or fast speed sim OR play the last play or two. Do NOT run another play on slow sim.
6. The game will finish and all your stats and results will save. The only catch is it tricks the CPU to thinking all your points were scored in the 4th quarter.
In between 3 and 4, you need to go to network options and turn off the internet before you restart the game.

Teams finished:
Old 12-18-2020, 03:01 AM   #88
BTW
Rookie

It's only been one game of testing, but looks like today's patch fixed this. Hopefully it stays that way.

B

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »